1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABC bringing back 'The Mole'- premeires Mon. June 2nd 10/9c

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by omar23, Jun 1, 2008.

1. omar23

omar23 Member

Am I the only one who's a crazed fan of this show? I usually hate anything/everthing reality but this one is a bit different. I love that it is an ongoing mystery and not a popularity contest; its all up to you- you take a quiz at the end of each episode and the lowest scoring person gets eliminated. MENSA hailed the program as "the smartest show on television" when it originally aired! This will be with regular people- no crappy celebs and begins tommorrow- Mon. June 2nd 10/9c on ABC. WATCH! :)

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-mole/the-mole-returns-june-2-after-19591.aspx
    'The Mole' Returns June 2 after Four-Year Absence

In keeping with the creature it's been named after, or even the profession dubbed after it, the reality competition show, The Mole, has re-emerged after four years in hibernation. ABC has issued the order for Stone & Co. Entertainment to produce 10 installments of the said program.

It's been a while since The Mole was on the air and Scott Stone of Stone Stanley Productions couldn't be happier.

"It was just about getting the timing right," Stone said. When Stone Stanley closed shop and dissolved in 2004 after producing all four Mole editions from 2001 to 2004, Scott Stone never forgot the series and has been biding his time to resurrect it under his new outfit.

"If anyone asks me what my favorite show has been, I've answered The Mole," Stone declared. "Not surprisingly, this has been a passion of mine since the option lapsed three or four years ago. In my staff meeting every week, people would say, 'Don't even bring it up.' I kept throwing it out that it was eventually going to be the right time. And it perennially ends up on lists of people's favorite reality shows. That kept the fires burning inside me."

"This is a show we honestly love and people ask us about all the time," ABC Entertainment alternative series senior VP John Saade announced in like fashion. "We were looking to bring the show back even when the writers were working.”

The Mole is slated to return in its original format during its 2001 and 2002 editions. Contestants will travel through a foreign country, completing different tasks and solving various puzzles along the way to up the money in the winner's pot. While taking on their challenges, the contenders must also figure out which of their opponents is The Mole – a player who is actually a plant instructed to sabotage the game and put a ceiling to the money up for grabs.

Each episode culminates with a quiz where the lowest scorer is sent home. Whoever is left still in the game and standing with The Mole winds up with the money pot, which could be as much as a cool million dollars.
    Anderson Cooper hosted the first two seasons of The Mole, but is unavailable to resume his hosting duties due to his commitments with CNN. Instead, former Extra anchor Jon Kelley will take over the hosting gig.

The Mole takes off Monday, June 2, from 10-11pm on ABC.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Man, I loved this show when it first started airing like in 2001. Anderson Cooper was a great host. They took it off the air after a few years, then brought back with Ahmad Rashad as the host. The show was never the same. Then they just canceled it all together.

I think The Mole is the best reality show ever made. I'm def. going to be watching.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I loved it too. Though I was NOT a fan of celebrity Mole. I will be watching it as well.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I really liked the show too. Celebrity Mole kind of sucked but the first 2 seasons were really cool. I'm glad it's coming back. I'll be watching.

I'd love to actually be on the show and be the mole. :D

5. Mr. Brightside

Just make sure not to read those internet spoilers about who is actually the Mole.

6. omar23

omar23 Member

Yeah- i'm staying away from the internet this time. During the mole 2, about the 3rd or 4th episode they had a "clue" that when decoded spelled out XXXX is the MOLE! I had suspected that person, but the people on the internet figured it out and spoiled the identity of the mole for that season.

7. what

what Member

The mole is definitely the best reality game show. It is already a great show, but I think they could even make it better with the challenges, there is so much potential for this show.

8. omar23

omar23 Member

[​IMG]

Can't wait for tonight! The show has several fine women as well- here's hoping these 2 stick around...

[​IMG]

VICTORIA

Bishop, TX
    Education: B.A., Texas A&M University-Kingsville

Victoria is a spunky, former pageant girl and cheerleader from a small town in Texas. She once told pageant judges her favorite reality show was "The Mole" because one gets to be deceptive in the game. This did not go over so well on the wholesome pageant judges. Victoria is very close to her family and professes to be a daddy's girl. She admits that her looks and sweet demeanor often gets her what she wants, especially from men. Though people often mistake her for a naïve, small town girl, she admits she can be conniving when she wants to be. She says people usually underestimate her intelligence but she is much more observant and deceptive than she lets on. Victoria considers herself to be very competitive and says she will not hesitate to backstab in the game if she has to. She admits one of her flaws is that she cusses like a sailor.

[​IMG]

ALI

St. Louis, MO
    Education: Associate's Degree, St. Louis Community College

Ali is a model, who has worked as a ring girl for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. She describes herself as "stunning" and believes her beauty helps her get her way, but also causes people to instantly dismiss her, which she plans on using to her benefit in the game. Ali used to be a wild, party girl. She celebrated her 21st birthday with Motley Crüe in Las Vegas. But now, she treats her body as a temple. She has strong religious beliefs and has settled down with her boyfriend, a UFC fighter. She claims to have a 75% accuracy rate with shotguns and is experienced in fishing. She considers herself ambitious and caring but also forgetful and prone to road rage. Ali plans on using her beauty and brains to outsmart other players.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

the concept of this show is great, the execution leaves much to be desired.

i don't have a better idea how i would do it, but the elimination process is ridiculous. basically, either you get 100% of the corrections correct, or you may as well draw out of a hat to decide who goes home of the remaining contestants who didn't correctly identify the mole.

coincidentally, my pick to be the mole is Victoria, the chick pictured by the previous poster. i'd pick the girl that they stranded on the beach, but she seems way too over the top and would be way over-acting if it's her.

anybody else care to make an early prediction?

10. Cannonball

A smart person would spread out their answers and not isolate them to any one person in the early going. That seems to be the best way to ensure you get at least a few questions right. At this point, you're really not trying to be the best on the test, just not the worst.

One of the questions was if the mole slept inside or outside on the first night. I'd put inside because 8 stayed in and 4 stayed out (or were supposed to) and if I had no clue then I'd just have to go with the percentages.

I do like that Nicole b****ed about sleeping outside on the first night and ended up having to sleep outside on the 2nd night anyway.

It's way too early to make predictions. Right off the bat, the chick who got eliminated said that a good strategy is to make people think you're the mole, even if you're not. She's exactly right. So right now you've got half of the contestants dragging their feet trying to make themselves look suspicious. They're willing to sacrifice money in the pot if it helps them win the game.

The most notable "feet draggers" are the first guy who went on the waterfall challenge, Nicole, and from the beach challenge the guy in the Yankees gear and the guy wheezing like an 80 year old asthmatic.

From what I remember, the mole doesn't try to sabotage every challenge. That would be too obvious. If other players want to sabotage it themselves to make people thing that they're the mole, the real mole is more than happy to let them. I would not be surprised if the mole didn't do anything to take money out of the pot in this first episode.

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

"spreading out your answers" isn't going to give you a much higher chance of getting any right in this case. too tired to go into much detail explaining. obviously though, in instances like you said, you can play the %'s where you can, but i'm guessing they are all smart enough to figure stuff like that out, which negates those questions.

i'm guessing the mole did nothing to sabotage today, and i bet they wait till week 3 to do so. it's still fun to make a prediction based on their actions and personalities and see if anybody nails it on week 1.

12. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I accidentally read a spoiler someone pointed out about one of those clues as to who the mole is. Hopefully it's a red herring so that I can figure it out throughout the season. Love the show.

13. omar23

omar23 Member

If anyone reads anything about who the mole is or any "clues" are discovered- please put them behind a spoiler tag! The last regular mole i watched was spoiled really early on, so I don't want that to happen again- it takes most of the fun out of it.

14. Mr. Brightside

I don' t think the utility worker is The Mole. He is too loud/obnoxious and usually they always have reserved people as The Mole in previous seasons. I would think The Mole would be one of the more professional people on the show.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My wife has been going ON AND ON about this show. She TiVo'ed it last night and wants to watch it tonight. I was thinking about going in the other room, but seeing that there are people here who dig it, I may have to check it out.

AGREE WITH THE PART ABOUT SPOILERS!!! Please use them!!

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

i'm still liking my prediction of Victoria as the mole. something about her mannerisms and reactions, particularly at the executions, don't sit right with me. and her first act of sabotage could have been the ordeal at the luge/fruit challenge.

i'm kind of hoping though, that paul is the mole. it would be awesome if he's able to sustain this ******* image throughout the show just as an act.

anybody else have any thoughts on the show thus far?

17. Cannonball

I think it could be the fat guy.

18. Mr. Brightside

same here...that's my early prediction as well.

19. Mr. Brightside

man, Paul..what a toxic personality.

20. ThreePointShot

Down to the last three...

I really think it's Craig now.