1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks' next contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jan 21, 2011.

?

Value of AB's next contract per year

1. $3M/year

12.8%
  2. $4M/year

8.4%
  3. $5M/year

12.8%
  4. $6M/year

19.9%
  5. $7M/year

11.5%
  6. $8M/year

23.9%
  7. $9M/year

7.5%
  8. $10M/year

0.9%
  9. $11M/year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. $12M/year

2.2%
  1. mazinger

mazinger Member

Just like your boy Brooks :cool:

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I say about $8-9 million a year but it won't be with the Rockets.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Actually, Brooks is a no trick pony this season.

4. trugoy

trugoy Member

The only team that will be able to pay Brooks more than the MLE is the Kings, and all those saying 7+ million are counting on the Kings to pay him the money.

I have no idea why the Kings are so high on him, because he is the worst fit possible for them. AB is a bad defender, he needs the ball to be effective and he can't run a PnR.

Kings need the exact opposite at PG, they need a good defender to take pressure off Evans, they need someone who can play off the ball from Evans and Cousins. Scoring is that last thing that the Kings need, they have way too many people who need the ball.

I think Brooks will be lucky to see a dime more than the MLE, and Petrie is a smart GM, i can't see why he would commit such a bad contract to AB.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

DM has to make a decision whether he wants AB to be here in the future or not. I think it will be touch and go. He can be re-signed relatively cheaply as you said or packaged in a trade despite his RFA status and poor play this season.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Brooks is the most valuable trade asset we have. Needs to be packaged with a Battier/JJ and another youngin like Hill or Bud for a superstar. Need to pull in another team or two to make this work. Maybe a Kings, Hornets, Nugz trade where we end up with Okafor and Carmelo move AB to the Kings and a combo of picks and young talent from everyone involved to the Nugz.

We need another T-Mac type trade where we trade quantity for quality. Brooks needs to go and Martin needs to stay.

7. tested911

tested911 Member

He will get anywhere between 9-11 per year... That is for certain but since we gave Lowry his contract paying him 5-6 /year we won't be able to keep both.. So either Lowry or Brooks will be traded...