1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks' next contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jan 21, 2011.

?

Value of AB's next contract per year

1. $3M/year

12.8%
  2. $4M/year

8.4%
  3. $5M/year

12.8%
  4. $6M/year

19.9%
  5. $7M/year

11.5%
  6. $8M/year

23.9%
  7. $9M/year

7.5%
  8. $10M/year

0.9%
  9. $11M/year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. $12M/year

2.2%
  1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Tough to say, because nobody really knows how the new CBA will look like.

In this CBA Brooks would probably get somewhere between $7-9mil/season. The fact that he's a RFA means teams are more likely to overpay, so the Rockets won't match.
    It doesn't really matter how much he's worth to you or the Rockets organization. It only takes one team to like him and 'overpay'.
    I could see the Kings throwing $9mil/year at him, but again, until we know details of the new CBA it's hard to actually evaluate a players market value.

2. mrjuandiego1988

because according to this GARM every player is over payed! :grin:

3. mazinger

mazinger Member

What? Helped the team to a 4 point lead? The team had a 10+ point lead when he came in late in the 3rd. The team was losing its lead and wasn't scoring. How did he help the team? HE ONLY HAD 9 POINTS THE ENTIRE GAME WITH 2 ASSISTS IN 23 MINUTES. When he was taken out in the 2nd quarter the game was tied and soon after we ended the half with a 9 point lead. You're obviously either trolling or so god damned obsessed with Brooks.

4. mazinger

mazinger Member

Martin is better FYI. Stop Obsessing over Brooks. He isn't that good.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I said 3 because that is my knee jerk value from last night's game. Reality is he will get much more than that since we will be matching Sac's 8 million offer.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think much depends how he plays between now and the end of the season. Their is still plenty of time for him to right his ship or sink it.

7. rju1986

rju1986 Member

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You sure spend a lot of time whining about one of our best players....almost all your posts are about him.

Take a step back and learn the game, and you will begin to understand the value of his skillset....\

The facts are the facts.....4 point lead, 3 minutes left, he gets pulled....

And for the record, BOTH our PGs stunk last night...AB was 2-10, and Lowry was 2-8.......terrible...

Conley was blowing by Lowry like he owned him and AB was no better.....as I have said for the last 2 seasons....if one of our PGs struggles the team can still win, if they both suck, we are not going to win often.

Case in point...last night's game.....those easy assists dried up on the 2nd half....and the transition points stopped, and the Rockets caved....honestly, you could see it coming.....

DD

#48 DaDakota, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Brooks stellar performance in the last 3 games.

FG% - 9 from 36 at .250%
    3pt FG% - 2 frm 14 at. .140%
    Assists - 3
    Turovers - 5

How come he is not on the all-star ballot? What do they know?

10. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

He is just not in the game right now. His heart is not there for the team... he can be a difference maker... he could have won so many games for us, which we lost late in 4th quarter.

I think his talent is all-star caliber because when he plays his best, he can break good defense, make great passes, and make tough one on one shots. The thing is he does not even try to be good against most teams...

If he had played like last season shooting wise, I think we would have given him an extention by now for like 7-8 mil... but the way he is playing, he is on pace to be no more than 4-5.

11. mazinger

mazinger Member

And all f your posts are about defending Brooks, on how he is our best player and how we should trade Martin.

It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you. You start making up stats. You are attributing the loss due to us pulling Brooks out? He was pulled out because he was losing/lost our 10+ pint lead!! God dammnit!! He only had 9 points in 23 minutes with only 3 assists, 2TO no rebounds! He sucks!! At least Lowry was contributed with 8 assists, 2 rebounds ONLY 1 TO in 25 minutes.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

The way AB's been playing... On the bright side: Is it possible to win MIP more than once? Sadly, he'd be a cinch for MD(Declined)P this year, if such an "award" existed. I hope he will get back to being the elite scoring talent we all know he can be. If he's still playing hurt, I wish he'd shut it down. His frustration level has to be through the roof.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why would he play like **** on purpose during a contract year? Some of you really need to think about things before posting.

14. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Look for him playing his best when the team is completely out of playoffs (After 15 games?)

He is frustrated on something... may be it's just because he got moved to bench.

I don't know what it is, but for sure he is not playing (TRYING) anywhere close to his talent.

Let me ask you one question: Do you see him involved into this team? Do you see his emotions? Do you see him giving everything he got? Do you see anywhere close to what he was last year?

He can create shots for anyone, but do you see him do that every game?

I don't what it is, but he is just not what he can be.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe if you actually tried to discuss something rather than whining in every post about a single player, it might be different.

You are a one trick pony.

DD

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Maybe he isn't fully recovered or maybe he is having a hard time adjusting to coming off of the bench with these group of guys.

I seriously doubt he would play bad on purpose because that would cost him a lot of money. Playing good for the last 15 games of the year won't help him get the contract he hoped for coming into the season.

17. thething

thething Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks value is lower now than last season because of the injury. He will almost certainly be a Rocket next season. I expect him to get about an $8 million contract. But it could end up going down to midlevel at best, 10 million max. After that he would be overpaid, and then Morey would have to seriously consider not matching. But it won't happen and Brooks will be a Rocket.

Kyle Lowry, on the other hand, could get traded.

18. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

Wow. Look at all these whiners here. If Brooks is better than Lowry, how come he can't defend and seems to just jack up shots whenever now? If Lowry is better, how come he isn't shooting well like he did in dec and leading this team to more wins? If martin is better, how come he can't create his own shot and defends worse than the knicks? All of these guys have their short comings but when you are talking VALUE, you are not only talking about current talent, but also future talent, how long you pay, and how the player affects those around him. In that regard, the order is Martin (he will never defend but he will score for any team), Brooks (his potential talent may have been reached, may have not, starter or bench depending on team, can play SG), and lastly Lowry (yeah, his stats are better than brooks but he also could start or bench but stick him on any team, he can only be PG, he can't create a shot very well, and I don't see many teams using him as much as the rockets have.)
    All in all, our backcourt just isn't very good.

19. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I agree with you that he needs to play his best right now to get good contract. Even if he gets 16 minutes, he needs put his best in those 16 minutes. May be he has not recovered yet. He played great game against Boston and also Atlanta; so he is definitely capable.

When I saw a play at halftime in the game against Memphis. Everyone on the bench was cheering, and he looked disappointed. He is just not being a team guy right now. Which sucks, because he is my favorite player. He is an amazing talent.

20. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

I simply don't want us overpaying Brooks. He's a small PG who can't play defense and dribbles way too much and doesn't pass enough. Granted, he's probably our best closer at the moment, but that doesn't say much. We simply suck right now. I say include him in a trade package + our drafts picks to get Landry and hope for Cousins.