1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Rave for Steve Francis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by minnieme, May 20, 2002.

1. minnieme

minnieme Member

I don't know if anyone posted this yet .. but I read this in the Rants & Raves Section of Sportingnews.com

Good for Steve Francis. Something finally went right for the Rockets' guard. One of the game's great players and good guys, Francis had a year to forget with a foot injury, unexplained headaches and the Rockets' 28-54 record.

While representing the victorious Rockets at Sunday's draft lottery isn't going to diminish the disappointment of Francis' season, perhaps it represents a sign of better things to come. Of course, the question becomes: How can the Rockets benefit from the pick?

The best player in the draft, point guard Jay (Jason) Williams, plays the same position as Francis. Yao Ming isn't the kind of player who could be expected to help the Rockets in the immediate future. Drew Gooden plays the same position as Eddie Griffin.

Perhaps the Rockets will trade the pick, perhaps they will take Mike Dunleavy. Whatever they do with the pick, it was nice to see the ping pong balls fall in Francis' favor.

Just thought that I would share this .......

:)