1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

a new generation of LOFs/YOFs ...

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by durvasa, Feb 16, 2018.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't agree with personal attacks against anyone who's just speaking their mind and not attacking others. To the extent tinman does that, I don't agree, even while I am sympathetic to his frustration with some of these members. Hence I wrote: "I may not agree with his methods of agitation". What further would you like me to add on that?

And if you want a distinction, it is this. Tinman is one guy against many. As such, he is easily ignored by anyone who doesn't like his posts.

This thread is about a mob mentality which I find reminiscent of past cases of "player only fans". As such, its not an issue that's easily "solved" with an ignore button. I created the thread to inquire if others see it as a problem, or if its just me. I got my answer.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Sounds like you are just slogging his nuts again, just another day on CF. Been making his nuts numb, ya numb nut?

Yung-T, daywalker02 and el gnomo like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dream is the greatest Rocket that's why Hakeem level was the top level spot.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Those who know the truth are the ones who survive the longest.
    If a thousand people jump off a cliff and 1 person doesn't, that 1 person knows the truth.

you know the truth, so let them jump off the cliff like the coyote

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No. It’s not “easily” ignored at all.

I’ve had tinman on ignore for years. Yet it’s impossible to be removed from it because that stupidity seeps into every crevice of these basketball forums.

I don’t blame some of these newer members having a “mob mentality” when people like tinman have been running amok on here for decades. All the while, apologists (read: cliquey older members) are always either defending him or turning a blind eye to his actions.

So how do you guys expect to police the newer members when an older member is given a blank check to do whatever he wants?

It’s completely illogical.

Everyone wonders why the GARM is soooo bad now. Take a look in the mirror. No one ever addresses the long term problem causers and then wonder why things spiral out of control.

People like: FTW, tinman, bobby, etc...

These guys contribute nothing to the board. All they’ve done is made it more divisive and annoying over the years.

You “may not agree with his method” but in general you’re fine with his trolling. That’s ridiculous. All the trolls and troublemakers should be held to one standard.

vlaurelio, J.R. and Yung-T like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dream was indeed the greatest but the top level spot on a forum can't hold a handle to the greatness of a real legend.

It's a minor achievement at best for keyboard gladiators. Nothing wrong with that.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not going any where potato head

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah there's a standard, and the 99ers set that standard
    you guys walk into Wakanda and we've been here for centuries

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It saddens me to see so many be fooled by something so evil.

@tinman -- the troll devil himself. Marked by the beast with the number 99 -- aka the year of the Pippen. This troll has spent nearly two decades trying to convince the great people of Clutchfans that he supports the Rockets, while simultaneously trolling the fans of every year's team. My friends of Clutchfans, please hear me -- he is no friend of the Houston Rockets. He was created in the image of Pippen losing the ball out of bounds. He is a troll demon so rooted in our BBS fabric that Paul Allen can no longer save us - only an exorcism from @Clutch can save us.

moestavern19 likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

99 is the number of the forces of good
    We live to destroy evil

12. Nook

Nook Member

Durvasa is a snowflake that has no real point.

Tinman took a lawn dart to the base of his skull in 1995 and has had long term cognitive issues or... is mentally ill.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I still know Michael Jordan is better than James Harden
    my CPU still works there

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL WBOF

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

That's equivalent to a human saying he knows better than peeing in a pool. I'm glad that your programming allows you to be aware for this basic truth. Truly a breakthrough in the AI industry.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t need to comment on his trolling. There are enough “snowflakes” on here complaining about it — why should I pile on? And, I’m not obliged to call out every individual by name you find annoying. I wasn’t wanting to call out any individuals in this thread, actually, until I was badgered into doing so by one very annoying poster.

I also totally disagree that all trolling is equally bad. There is no “logic” behind such a claim. If a group of people are not being rational on top of being combative and they are diminishing the quality of this board as a result, I’m not going to throw a fit if someone decides to go after them by mocking them. I know when a line is crossed, and if I think it appropriate I’ll report it. Otherwise, I’ll let the admins deal with that.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The irrational player only fans are annoying. However, I would say that the "mob mentality" goes both ways, imo. I saw a lot of mob mentality during the Lin time AGAINST Lin and his fans, and there are still residual skirmishes here and there. Thankfully the war is now largely confined to one single thread and most posters except a few have grown tired of the war and refrain from entering.

To me, I do not despise people who are fans of individual players. I don't think rooting for players is any less noble than rooting for teams -- as long as they are civil and the rooting is within the winning context. (If you are rooting for the player to help the team win, there isn't really any conflicts between the two.) It's the off the top irrational arguing together with personal attack that make these posters annoying.

Your complaint shouldn't be about player-fans. it should be about behaviors. To be honest, tinman's behavior is not much better than those so-called player-only-fans. It's just that he is for the cause of the team (or the team at a certain point of history) rather than a certain player.

DudeWah likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

You don't have to oblige to his wishes, you are a better poster than him not his dog, he should run around fetch your slippers.

if there was a basketball and rockets knowledge contest you'd destroy him with no effort.
    It use to be where we have logic in discussing the rockets, now it's all about player only fans and what the media says.

am I right? When was this dude's join date? DudeWhack can complain about me another 20 years and another 20 years until he's in the nursing home.

I'm not leaving Clutchfans. And I'll eat what ever cuisine I like and he can complain about it.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so who's the "snowflake" who created a thread simply to complain about tinman???

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Whiny Max Kellerman Clutchfans turned this thread from the true topic(Below). I'm just dedicated to the OFs destruction.
    a new generation of LOFs/YOFs