1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

a new generation of LOFs/YOFs ...

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by durvasa, Feb 16, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The first "b****" has been thrown.

[​IMG]

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Nothing Morey or CP3 has said has anything to do with the topic of this thread. Believing Harden is the MVP is not the issue here. Last I checked, they weren’t personally attacking people for having a difference of opinion.

This is a Feedback topic. I’ve said quite enough in the GARM about what I think of your arguments.

And thanks for helping to make my point for me.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

isn't this thread attack on people who truly believe harden was teh MVP robbed by the media last year and about to be robbed again this year?

you attack people who hold the same opinion as morey and cp3

then whine and cry like a little b!tch when you are called out for it???

what are you defending then? your belief that westbrook was last year's true MVP?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. durvasa

No it is not.

I am not attacking anyone for an opinion they hold. I’m pointing out a problem in which a particular group of posters are attacking others for their differing opinion.

No.

Look, I can’t help you if you’re still confused over what this thread is about. I’m sorry, but I’m not interested in explaining it to you any further. I only have so much patience with individuals like yourself, and you’ve now exhausted that supply.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dont bother bro.

@durvasa is probably the most condescending poster on the bbs. He pumps bs contrarian takes and then claims he is smarter than you.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When people start insulting the Clutch City Rockets, that's insulting all of humanity

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

stop the hyperbole...

I don’t get why people keep posting the opinions of Max Kellerman, Skip, and other clowns on the GARM, but do u honestly believe that there are people who would rather have respect from those fools than championships?

tinman likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And this post marks the first time someone has changed their member Title as part of a response to an opening post. Subtle and nicely played by a '99er who doesn't post much.

Look forward to that posting technique used more often ... or maybe not.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes
    I believe there a population of fans who do.

Someone just said championships don’t matter in the Jordan vs Harden thread

The fact we have a Jordan vs Harden thread shows that the delusion train is going choo choo

10. durvasa

I respect posters who engage with others who have a difference of opinion without resorting to insults. I'm here to have discussions with those people, find common ground with them where possible, and accept the differing perspectives otherwise with no ill will.

When posters become overly hostile and insulting towards others that express a difference in opinion, they lose the privilege of being treated respectfully though I try not to throw around personal insults in any case. Take it as condescension -- I have no problem with condescending to the likes of you and your BBS bros.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Harden vs. Jordan is extremely embarrassing, I’ll give u that

12. vlaurelio

so WB is your MVP last year and you need to be condescending to people who disagree with that?

13. durvasa

No and no. Quote me if you want to claim otherwise.

14. vlaurelio

so who was your MVP last year and this year so far?

15. durvasa

I will answer your questions, but no more discussion on here for who should be the MVP. That's not the purpose of this forum.

Harden is most deserving if the season ended today.

Last year, no single player was more deserving than the rest, in my opinion. There were a handful of players who had legit cases, which historically is unusual. Just as I rooted for Harden's team to win the all-star game last weekend for no particular reason other than being a fan of the Rockets, I would have been happy to see him win the MVP last year and get that recognition. That doesn't mean I think he was clearly the most deserving. Similarly, I didn't think any other player was clearly more deserving than him. There's too many different ways of understanding what an MVP means.

As Morey said (with respect to Harden and Westbrook) while making his best case (based on historical voting patterns) for Harden on a TV program last year: "Obviously both guys have had unbelievable seasons and you really can't go wrong". I agreed with that.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

was it not long ago when we had good debates about teams?

well....

17. vlaurelio

so what does MVP mean to you?

for me and most like Morey and Cp3 it would be

1. Success - Wins
    2. Heaviest burden by 1 superstar/franchise player to carry his team to most success/wins

Does stat padding/chasing without team success/wins like uncontested rebounds carry majority of the weight for you for determining MVP?

18. durvasa

If you really want to continue this discussion, put your post here and I'll respond to it later.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/what-should-mvp-mean-to-voters.287122/

Like I said, the Feedback forum is not the place for it.

19. vlaurelio

20. durvasa

Your incessant badgering in this thread is evidence enough of the sickness I was describing. I don't need to post anything.

Please, continue.