1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A New App; I'm Dead Notification

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Dec 23, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

For your social media and message boards. Don't know how it would work since it would be activated after passing but some of the sudden missing in action of some members kind of affected me

Yung-T, RKREBORN and Astrodome like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

pepsi

Jontro likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When DD dies and we get 12 noti's

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's morbid but given how much of our lives are online this could be a good idea.

Yung-T, Nook and Xerobull like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sounds like the premise for a Black Mirror episode.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I’ve been dead for years.

Space Ghost likes this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Bot?

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Merry Christmas.

This thread topic popped in my head because of a random reason. I saw a post from a member I thought had gone away, not necessarily death. It caught my attention because he messaged me once through the board about a thread subject. He was just giving me some information. That message is still in my profile page, I really have only talked to a couple of people through messaging.

When I see that message, it's over ten years old I just wonder where he went. Then I saw a post from him that was recent and even though we formed no relationship, it was nice to see he is still around.

I was banned for some time and disappeared for five years and returned and didn't see another poster in particular that posted a couple of times about health issues. He would be I think in his early to mid seventies. He was a regular and I'm pretty sure he has passed on.

I get fired up and loose my temper and insult members sometimes and I'm really not proud of that. It's really about a childish need to have the last word in an argument.

I'm a D&D guy. I really need to come in the Hangout more often. Anyway one thing I do say in the D&D when things are heated is that some subjects really shouldn't cause so much tension. We are all gonna die one day, some topics are important like climate change in terms of lasting impacts and some aren't but I really am thinking more and more about how I'm remembered on the internet and in real life.

The internet is a part of most people's real lives now. I'm not a 99er but this the first message board I was a part and I really don't do any others. I don't do Facebook as much as I used to but since it's explosion of popularity I really think an App like my idea is relevant but maybe it's no big deal.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

where is swoley's d?

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I agree. I think it would be good to know if someone has passed on or is just moved on from posting. For example has it ever been confirmed that @CometsWin died?

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Not a bad idea, the one instance I`ve had with this subject is I got a message on Linkden on a lady I knew passed away the previous year.....it was one of those "Happy Work Anniversary"......kind of creepy

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I though this was a my chemical romance thread

Dark Rhino likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

@DaDakota - Get on this ., .. . STAT!!

Rocket River

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm not a software engineer but this seems like something pretty easy to make.

You would just have to link to your beneficiaries who would just have to tap a button when you pass and it would auto send "PERSON X has passed" to every platform you were ever active on. Maybe also auto send if the person is not active on their phone for a month (for the loners).

On the inside ?