1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Little Message to the Doubters

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Actually we won but we still played like trash.

2. Game7

Game7 Member

The world crumbles after a loss. We cured cancer after a win. This is the mindset of a rockets fan. It’s a hell of a ride!!! Don’t forget your puke bag...this ride has no brakes.

Roomba, J Sizzle, Patience and 2 others like this.
  3. threepointshot3

Lol what? That was the best and most complete game of the year in both sides of the ball

4. vick

vick Member

Rockets are fixing to play the Sun's Let's see what happens. Just when Rockets have a good game they sh#t on themselves.

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

What happens in the game thread, stays in the game thread.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I rescind that trade offering, but I would support signing of DeMarcus cousins!

Championship or bust! This has got to be the year for the rockets but don't count on capaela coming back from injury more than you would count on cp3 rebounding from sore muscles.

#26 smoothie_king, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This is not actual

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I love how being realistic is being considered fake. This team isn't even close to the chamochampio team from last year. They are so so average I don't know who they can beat 4 out of 7 games.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

which would make you the dictionary definition of a "doubter" :D

theimpossibles1, HP3 and Batman Jones like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is like everyone with insecurities. Huge percentage.

11. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

This is an incredibly stupid sentiment.

Until the trade deadline and buyout process are complete, there is absolutely zero basis for this assessment. In order for Morey / Tillman to have torpedoed the team, they would have needed to put the roster into a position where their were no options. That's obviously not the case.

Morey's every move shows he is willing to lose some games in the short term in order to position the team in the best possible way for the playoffs.

All of the cost cutting moves that anti-Tillman people whine about as weakening the team to cut luxury tax also improve Morey's flexibility in terms of being able to add salary via Trade or Buyout.

Not offering House an immediate deal is an obvious move to keep the teams options open until after the Trade deadline so that they have more flexibility in the moves that are available to them. They can ALWAYS sign House to a better deal AFTER the trade / buyout deadline once Morey knows how everything has played out.

Since the start of the season, Morey has found a solid wing (House) for basically nothing, a solid backup PG (Rivers) for basically nothing and a solid backup C (Fareid) for basically nothing. He's saying all the right things about being very active in the trade market and we are reportedly in the mix for almost all of the desirable buyout candidates.

By March 1st, we could have a significantly better team than last year's playoff roster (more depth at Guard, more depth at Center and effective replacements for Ariza and LMAM + Harden taking a step forward and a healthy and rested CP3, Gordon and Capela).

Nothing has been torpedoed expect for possible your credibility as a rational poster.

D-rock, Batman Jones and xaos like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Genuinely confusing season.

Rockets consistently blow games to bad teams. Consistently competitive against good teams. Melo. MCW. House. Harden 1 man history.

Everything is weird this season. I have embraced the chaos.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

@rocpaint Checking in for a Rockets win tonight!
    @macan CP out? Rockets win!
    @Killatron 2000 Beating the Jazz is one of life's greatest pleasures. Go Rockets!
    @don grahamleone Juck the Fazz.
    @theimpossibles1 Easy win.
    @riko Harden is going to have a huge game like the one in. Golden state
    @mike2k132 am I the only one that thinks we win tonight.
    @topfive Call me crazy...we catch the Jazzholes off-guard...back into the win column... Harden with 47
    @Jake Tower Not one thing in the universe matters tonight except Rockets defeating Jazz
    @hakeem94 harden pls give us something for history!
    @ Losing 3 in a row is not an option, WIN.

The good.... we are all Rockets fans even if some of us think we win, or lose.

hakeem94, mike2k132, macan and 7 others like this.
  14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

There's a difference between a coach and fans and that's for a reason. It's a coach's job to be hard on their team when things aren't going well. A lot of Houston sports fans could take a lesson from the Utah crowd. Always full, always in the game, always propping up their team. That's why it's called a home court advantage. I'll always be anti-Jazz but I wish the Rockets had the advantage of an enthusiastic, never-say-die fan base like they do. Believing in your team matters.

15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets fanbase has a lot of self-styled "realists"...always expecting to be let down because of a history of heartbreak. It probably hurts less if you always expect the worst, but it sure makes for a crappy atmosphere sometimes (and the "I-told-you-so"ers don't help). I wish folks would be more optimistic, even if optimism can seem unwarranted. I'll always be expecting a win, even if I don't predict one :p

And besides, at this moment we have the best player on the world on our team. I was a little too young to fully appreciate the Hakeem years so I'm planning on enjoying every second of this.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

No more #’s on Fridays if the Rockets are on ;)

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure it's not wrong to voice complaints or concerns but most of the ones op copied arent any of those u mentioned. Theres a difference between concerns and b****ing the end is near. Just saying

theimpossibles1 and HP3 like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I will take double digit trash WINS especially when Harden can actually be sat down at end of games.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude.

Just take the L.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What was my L exactly boyo? Did you see OP quoting me in his original post?

You play for the Jazz last night bro with that L you just took?