1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Formal Apology to Conservatives

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dandorotik, Feb 4, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

truly an embarrassing showing from Gladiato in a thread meant to be an olive branch from dandorotik

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

well it is san antonio! your step-son-in-law probably does not work in stone oak:)

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

not sure if scumbags are actually responsive to kindness and olive branches.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, you are absolutely right- but goes to show that sometimes, you have to be very vigilant not to stereotype.

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Truly an embarrassing showing from giddy, who chose to attack my stance on abortion in a thread meant to be an olive branch from dandorotik. Also an embarrassing showing from bigtexxx, who just can't seem to refrain from attacking in a thread meant to be an olive branch from dandorotik.

ROFL at the hypocrisy!

6. bigtexxx

Post 4 in this thread says it all. Just look at the tone of the thread up to that point, and then consider the absolute turd you pinched off in the punch bowl.

7. GladiatoRowdy

Every one of your posts is clearly indicative of your inability to engage in honest debate. The person I was describing in that post was YOU.

8. bigtexxx

You've lost control. I fear rage is driving you at this point. For your own benefit, I'd suggest tapping the brakes a bit to gather yourself.

9. GladiatoRowdy

ROFL!!! I'm as happy as a clam watching you try to make yourself look good in this thread. The sad fact is that you "lost control" years ago and it has been a long, slow, painful downward spiral for you since.

I just love how you actually think that I "rage" about you. Your narcissism is freaking HILARIOUS!!!

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I "attacked" your methods not your stance. Methods is EXACTLY what this thread is about...

11. GladiatoRowdy

Your attack was inaccurate, as I detailed above. I don't try and curtail discussion in any way, your protestations notwithstanding.

12. itstheyear3030

His experience is skewed because of population distribution. Nationwide, Hispanics have a lower domestic abuse rate than most other racial groups except Asians. Native American and African American are the highest, though I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that instances of domestic abuse in white families were far more likely to be fatal.

13. dandorotik

Yes, that's exactly what we discussed. Like I said, even if everyone but one in a group acts a certain way, out of respect to that one, you can't use the labels.

14. giddyup

You detailed nothing. You just protested. Is starting a thread and titling it "Another Idiotic Giddy Abortion Thread" really an attempt at furthering understanding, oh open-minded one?! :grin:

15. GladiatoRowdy

Given the context in which it was started (you derailing a different thread with idiotic abortion ranting), it seemed appropriate at the time.

As far as I recall, the productive, open minded discussions about abortion have been the ones in which MadMax participated. I am certainly closed minded about being referred to as a "baby killer" or in other disparaging ways, but if you attempt open, honest discussion, you will get the same from me in returne, every single time.

16. giddyup

You, sir, are a work. We've covered that ground. I did not derail that thread. I responded as did others.

You are just TOO IN LOVE without your own self. Just because you make a claim does not make it so. I posted the thread posts which validate my version of what was going on there and yet you just continue to scream this LIE about what went on.

Then you call my abortion thread IDIOTIC and then you do it again HERE.

Too rich!

Then I start a new thread on ABORTION and you won't even look at the video which is the basis of the thread. Is this more of your open-mindedness at work?!

17. GladiatoRowdy

IIRC, you responded to a thread where the topic was NOT abortion with discussion about abortion. After asking, repeatedly, for you to start an abortion thread to get that discussion in a proper thread, I started the "Idiotic" thread to poke you about it as you seemed to refuse to get the abortion discussion out of the off-topic thread.

No, I'm too in love WITH myself to be much of anything without myself.

You posted quotes from me? I didn't see quotes, just your claims about what I said and did, then you said you were going to go look it up, then you disappeared.

I explained my use of the word "idiotic" above.

It is a continuation of my open-mindedness, which does NOT extend to video from MSNBC, CNN, Fox, or YouTube video "evidence." Give me a written article and I will be certain to fact check it and respond. Give me a video and I will never take it as evidence of anything at all, unless it is being used as evidence of a crime in a trial.

18. giddyup

The topic was multi-issue... abortion being one of them. As I stated, I had made many posts about the other sub-topics as well. Not sure who made you King of Threads but my posts were in alignment with all the other posting that went on there. I cited them.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, someone else transitioned to Abortion and I joined in. I don't think I derailed the thread. That accusation is just one of your tactics like calling a YouTube video "random" or crowing that I can't "force my belief system" on anyone while you would do the same. Our beliefs are at the root of our values and laws... you just like to complain about it when it does't line up with yours.

okay....

I never said that I had posted quotes from you. You and I have had this exchange many, many times before so I go from memory. You HAVE said every one of those things to me REPEATEDLY.

I only said I might go look them up. Look that up!

There is never a good use for the word idiotic in a civil discussion.

That's not open-minded at all. Open-minded is to watch something and accept or dismiss it critically. You like to shut yourself off from the things that cause you conflict.

19. GladiatoRowdy

First, you didn't "cite" anything. As you admit below, you pulled some of what you THINK I said out of memory. I am also pulling out of memory because this silly discussion isn't important enough to get me to actually search for those threads.

If you say so. That is how I remember it and unless you feel like actually pulling up quotes, I will believe my recollection.

Actually, MY belief system doesn't require that others follow it at all. I would never choose abortion for another person, but your belief system would force others to comply with your moral judgments on abortion. I'm not forcing a thing, you're the one trying to shove your beliefs down other people's throats.

I'm not complaining at all about our values or laws, you're the one complaining that our laws don't match your values. In my opinion, the SCOTUS did exactly the right thing, resulting in choice being the law of the land for over four decades now.

Bullsh!t. Your memory fails you.

I will not go look them up, I trust that my memory of these conversations is accurate and will continue believing so until I see quotes that prove my opinion wrong.

In that instance, I wasn't trying to have a "civil" discussion, I was trying to get you to stop derailing a thread with off-topic conversation.

No, I expose myself to opinions and beliefs from across the spectrum of ideological thought (just not videos, television and YouTube are for entertainment, not evidence) and then decide for myself what rings true. On the topic of choice, I am pro-, with caveats.

20. dandorotik

So, like, this thread is turning out to be argumentative? Wow. It's all good, though. Everybody brings something to the table, and that's a good thing. Carry on, gentlemen (and ladies).