1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Christian holding a Bible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2020.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

During a Trump campaign rally in Minnesota in October, Lt. Bob Kroll, president of the Minneapolis Police Union, attacked the Obama administration for "the handcuffing and oppression of the police" and praised President Trump for "letting the cops do their jobs."

Dude is also selling Cops for Trumps shirts...remember, he's the president of the Minneapolis police union...a job that probably shouldn't be political.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/10/07/minneapolis-police-union-sells-cops-for-trump-tshirts

[​IMG]

2. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...he's not scheming his way to power, in my estimation...not as much as he's scheming a way for him to survive...

...in whatever capacity that is (financially, publicly, and now, politically). It's what the Donald has always done.

Semantics, though, at this juncture. Doesn't really matter what his motives or his rationale (such as it is) happens to be.

Never thought that this was the way to make America great again...:confused::(

#82 mdrowe00, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think he's becoming more and more unhinged the closer we come to election time because he knows there is a potential he might be prosecuted once he leaves office.

I think he's scared shitless.

DVauthrin, Pbev99, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  4. marky :)

marky :) Member

Have you actually read Revelations 13? I don't care if it was Bill Clinton, Obama, Trump, Bush, or Barney the Dinosaur, what happened last night was blasphemy.

DVauthrin, Pbev99, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

kroll spoke at a trump campaign rally (wearing his shirt that he was trying to sell). kroll has had a number of complaints in his past including civil complaints involving wrongful arrest and excessive force. Also a 2007 lawsuit filed by four black officer involving complaints about conduct and actions.

DVauthrin, B-Bob, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

If you self identify as a libertarian and vote for trump you are just lying to yourself. He doesn’t care about small government and takes ***** all over personal freedoms. And now he’s attacking private business.

I still read Reason from time to time. The comment section is hilarious seeing all the fake libertarians calling the writers libtards.

B-Bob, RayRay10, ryan_98 and 2 others like this.
  10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...here's Uncle Joe, missing the point again...

...(that early onset of dementia that some people are pointing out, maybe?:p)...

...the Donald's a BABY Christian. Somebody's gotta teach a baby how to read. Babies imitate. So the Donald's only doing what he's seen everybody else who calls him/herself a Christian doing.

...uh...

...that is assuming, of course, that his "teachers" are able to read themselves....;):D

B-Bob, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  11. conquistador#11

Saw the poorly made propaganda video of the 'the church walk'. Obviously a unifying message was never the intention but it could have been the opportunity for one, a chance to talk to the peaceful prosters, something like:

"I just got off the phone with Stephen Jackson, a great friend of Mr. Floyds. He told me Mr. Floyds could have been a tremendous basketball player. I told him so could I. I was the Best rebounder in the Manhattan area. High school coaches had never seen anything like me. Guys that have this great posture can clear the boards, believe me. " .....rant goes on for an hour..... then he takes a knee with the protestors. The crowd parts like the red sea on his way to the church, he makes the holy cross sign. Now that would have shown unity and that you're no bunker boi. It would have also made for better propaganda.
    But a state of chaos works best for them.

#91 conquistador#11, Jun 2, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

so Trump was violating the curfew to do his photo opp?

St John's is an Episcopalian church. That is, a mainline church. Trump gets support from mainline Christians of course, and you're right he may lose some of those. But, it's the white evangelicals that are his real base. The bishop who criticized him is female. The big evangelical denominations don't believe women should be ordained at all. The Episcopalians are also one of the more prominent LGBT-friendly denominations in the country. He'll make divisions within the body of Christ worse by giving evangelicals more reasons to hate their brothers and sisters in the liberal churches (and probably vice versa). But he won't lose evangelicals. Evangelicals already think the liberal church is part of the problem.

13. Nook

Nook Member

While these are good points. I have spoken to several Evangelicals that are not at all happy with the press conference and video by the President. They told me it was pandering and sinful........ I wanted to say "what the hell do you think he has been doing for 4 years?" but I wanted to have a positive interaction. I do not doubt that their opinions may change but right now, there is some unhappiness.... which I did not expect.

jiggyfly, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I do my daily devotion as least 45 mins a day. I have lost track how many times I’ve read Revelation 13. What about you? You read the Bible everyday?

cml750 likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah I don't mean to tar all evangelicals. I go to an evangelical church. But the tension I describe between mainline and evangelical, especially on hot social topics like gender equality, abortion, and gay rights, is a real thing and I just expect that evangelicals inclined to support the president will not find it hard to minimize Trump's transgression on the church because of the identity of the particular church he did it to. It would have been a little harder if it was St John's First Baptist Church.

joshuaao, jiggyfly, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, Rashmon, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...you do know that Adolf once studied to become a priest, right?

...at any rate...somebody better teach the Donald how to properly handle one of those things...
    ...he doesn't get reelected, and he'll have to swear an oath on one...

...and I don't know off the top of my head how many dress rehearsals they give before court appearances...;):D

#97 mdrowe00, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

To match his tiny hands, he has incredibly tiny feet. Amazing he can stay upright.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

The concept of right and wrong is such a challenge for republicans... thune, you can say it... it was wrong.

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  20. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'll gladly admit I don't everyday but as someone who had to study the bible as part of Catholic school his whole life, I know enough to know what he did yesterday was garbage. Doesn't matter how many times you read it and if you do read the bible every day. You should be denouncing what Trump did yesterday. Do you not agree with that?

Edit: I apologize for the sarcastic question about "if you've actually read Revelations13" in my original response.

#100 marky :), Jun 2, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.