1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

______________________ needs to go NOW!!! (seriously!!!!11)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by msn, Oct 26, 2005.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

really?? when's the last time the Rockets won a playoff series?? it's easy to make the playoffs in a league where more teams make the playoffs than don't. a little harder to make when only 6 out of 30 teams even make the playoffs....and only 2 make it to the World Series. you're right...10 years ago the Rockets were awesome...and my hope is they will be again this year. but if you're comparing recent history...it ain't even close.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just last year. Oh wait, the year before that. Oh wait, the year before that. Nope, the year before that. I was wrong, it was the year before that. Actually, it was the year before that. Oops, my bad, it was the year before that. Now that I think of it, it was the year before that. Yeah, that's it.

3. Summer Song Giver

The Astros are like that really hot girl that always made you think you had a chance but in the end she always left you with a case of the blue balls. They have been good enough to win it all atleast three times since '95 yet they always manage to choke when it counts. Calling Biggio and Bagwell icons to the city is a fraking disgrace, sure they played hard and brought it every night and that I do appreciate but it doesn't negate the fact that they are two of the biggest chokers in sprts world history.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

just like that Barry Bonds guy...and Ted Williams....and Ernie Banks.

this is a basketball fan's mentality applied to baseball. it doesn't work.

but you're right about one thing...you should stop watching.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Oh, now we get it. You're just trolling.

Ignore him fellas. Don't feed the troll.

6. Summer Song Giver

I'll stop if for no other reason to prove I am not a troll, y'all enjoy the game tonight if you're lucky it will be the last. You can have my fan card, doubt I'll be asking for that one back but who knows. Later Stro fans, have fun

7. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

I respectfully disagree with you. Iconic status is not limited to championships. You got the first part of it right in saying that they played hard and brought it every night. That is what makes you an icon, not a title.

The proof is in the pudding. Nolan Ryan didn't win a World Series with the Astros. Are you going to say that he is not a Houston icon? Even if the Stros win it all this year, I'll still consider Nolan to be a bigger icon to the city than Bagwell. Even if Hakeem didn't deliver those two titles to Houston, he still would be every bit the Houston icon he is. He delivered every night for the Rockets. Hakeem put the Rockets on the map just like L. Nolan Ryan put the Stros on the map. Biggio and Bagwell are definitely Houston icons. End of story.

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

You obviously havent watched many games. Garner and his decisions are what have gotten us this far.

9. msn

msn Member

Hey, this is the longest thread I've ever started in my short and un-storied time here. Stop screwing it up! And by the way, your takes on the Astros here surpass idiocy and approach lunacy. Congratulations.

I'd like to add to the list (tongue-in-cheek of course):
    David Carr
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Yao
    YOF
    YOH
    Dom Capers
    Charlie Casserly

...there's got to be more. Nobody whines like Houston fans. Well, except Chicago fans.

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

The Astros will win 4 in a row. The Sox will be the choke artist and we'll be the symbol of inspiration.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

My World Series Tickets Game 5 need to go. :(

12. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you'll be asking for your fan card back by Thursday night.

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So the Astros win the NL and make it to the WS for the first time in their history and we want to break up the team?

I say add a bat next year and try again.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Bring in Brian Giles when Bagwell retires. That's all we need to do.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I called it Saturday and I'll say it today.

The guy who hit the grand salami Sunday will be wearing an Astros uniform next year. :)

16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Man would that be nice.

17. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

you can't blame it all one person, they had one hell of a season and i'm damn proud of this team to come back from a 15-30 record and make it all the way to the world series. we should have at least 2 wins in this series but we just don't have enough depth or fire power in that lineup. i think one person we need to dump is adam everett though. i don't think there could be a less clutch player than him.

going into next season we need to add another bat with power to the lineup and another stud in the bullpen. plus, if roger isn't coming back, another good starting pitcher.

regardless, i'm always going to be an astros fan. i'm never going to just give up on my team. whether they choke or not, they are my team. everyone should be dissapointed in our WS performance but proud at the same time that we made franchise history in making it to the WS, and this team battling from all types of adversity.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"HEY!!! YOU . . ._____ NEEDS TO GO THREAD . . . WE DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO THREADS ABOUT _______________ NEEDING TO GO"

"Now calm down Earl . . he ain't bothering no body"

Rocket River

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Let's see...

Since 1997, the Astros have been to the playoffs 6 times, winning 3 series and making it to their first World Series.

The Rockets have been to the playoffs 4 times, not winning 1 series.

Want to try that one again?

20. astroagg

astroagg Member

Last time I checked, the Astros were in the World Series, as CHAMPS of the National League. This series is not over until the last out is recorded.

I've been with the Astros since I was 5, and 27 years later I'm not going to abandon them. They could be 0-162, and I'd still proudly wear my gear. Why? Because I'm an Astros fan for life.

Besides, they've done a great job representing our city and state, and they haven't given up on us. I won't give up on them.

If anyone needs to go, it is the whiny fly-by-night bandwagon fans who only root when the home team is winning.