1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

8 year girl shot dead near the burnt down Wendy's in Atlanta

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I am all for different opinions being voiced..... the problem in this case is that what the mission statement says is different than what he seems to think it says.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

**** like this happens every single weekend, several times in Chicago.

What needs to happen is we need to keep AK-47's, AR's and handguns out of the hands of children.......

But we won't do that.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I finally watched that and basically he is saying you cannot have a 2 parent household without it being a woman and a man.

He does not realize that those numbers are that way because of economics more than 2 parents being in the household or a man.

It's also very telling that he used that one thing to criticize the whole movement.

Seems like he is trying to be Whitlock lite, I have no issue with the way he feels but yes his argument was severely lacking IMO.

Nook likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This happened specifically because people burned down that Wendy's in Atlanta, then for some illogical reason, groups of armed men are 'protecting' a burnt out Wendy's and an empty parking lot.

Because her mother decided to drive in that direction to go home, her car was shot up.

There's plenty of Wendy's in bad parts of town and they aren't burned down. Nobody is out there protecting it like it's a drug lord's house.

ROXRAN and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

He worded it in such a way as to say that BLM is claiming that it cannot be a man and a woman......... and that isn't the case at all. What they are saying is that it should not be required to be a man and a woman. It can be two men, two women etc. BLM does not want to take away rights in this case, but expand rights to marginalized groups.

If his position is that a man and woman arrangement should be the only way a family should operate, then he needs to just come out and say it..... instead he goes on a rambling fit about how BLM doesn't want a family structure to include a man and a woman...... which isn't accurate.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

She is dead because people were walking down Atlanta with an AR (in this case) and an accident happened....... it happens all the damn time in Chicago.

When you have young men walking around strapped, shootings happen and innocent people get stuck in the cross hairs.

tinman likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

I understand your point, but my thread is very specific to this incident.
    Or at least i would like it to be.

Atlanta Police and the city knew this would be a problem.

they cleared this area too late.

apparently people were camping there too. why the hell are these people hanging out there?

Nook likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Fair enough.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am pretty sure from his tangent was based on a man being in the home as the prescribed nuclear family but he used a strawman to go in on BLM.

I am sure its because somebody with BLM in thier twitter went in on him.:D

Nook likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

I did make a thread about Chicago crime, and think you posted in it.

apparently nobody here cares about crime, just politics

Astrodome, Nook and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

tinman likes this.
  12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

From that video link , I see black officers and this is a great thing to see, give blacks officer positions then the Marxist BLM movement looks like hypocrites if they go after these black men. Kill the movement from their own with good people that are about law and order and then we can have justice and peace. . .

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It’s all about getting rid of Trump. We didn’t need to close business, if Lowe’s can stay open then every business could have stayed open. Just have the businesses hand out masks like trick or treat candy and reminders about two arms length apart and every business could have stayed open.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Said the guy who just started posting regularly in the D&D.

Did you miss the Arbury thread?

Or the thread about the shootout with Houston cops?

Stop being a snowflake starving for attention.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    I notice people who don’t talk about the topic and like to talk about me
    The jealousy is insane
    Now I know how Harden feels like

@Ziggy
    Everyone wants to be 99ers
    But mortals can’t be gods

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, I've never noticed that before. something new here.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Now I know how Max Kellerman feels like

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

That article says he wasn't suspended.

I read his Wiki and he was actually suspended for mocking the woke king, LeBron James.

It makes sense when you take a long view of it. Hill was turning off too many people. People that could eventually come around.

Another possible reason for her departure: people just didn't like her. Talented, but for whatever reason, people don't like her.

We have to define "politics." To some, their undying support of BLM is political. They still allow low-key digs at Trump, especially from Kellerman. Lately, they have been pushing "vote" type stuff. And just yesterday they allowed all types of shade to be thrown at some senator lady who doesn't agree that BLM should be a part of the WNBA's season.

I know you don't think those things should be political, but they are. They lose the viewers who view those things as political, but they obviously don't care.

They are perfectly fine with political talk so long as their talk aligns with what they believe in and it isn't crazy extreme.

I dunno. I just know that ESPN is not benign since lots of people are getting turned off by what they're doing.

Os Trigonum and jiggyfly like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you have no basis for claiming ESPN has a woke agenda and ignore all evidence to the contrary because a lot of people are turned off?

Seems legit.

And this is actually why he was suspended about Lebron and it had nothing to do with being woke.

LeBron James billboards[edit]
    On August 7, 2014, Le Batard was suspended for two days from his duties at ESPN for allegedly taking out a billboard in Akron, Ohio which read "You're Welcome, Lebron. Love, Miami" and pictured two NBA championship rings. The billboard referred to LeBron James' departure from the Miami Heat and return to the Cleveland Cavaliers.[11] On August 11, 2014, Dan Le Batard addressed his two days off-air was not because of the billboards, but because he was going to fly a plane banner with the (You're Welcome) banner at the homecoming of LeBron Friday (August 9) and do a live radio transmission to "mock the homecoming."

It's amazing how you tried to spin that.

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What evidence? You brought up Jamelle Hill. I said that she was too woke and possibly unlikable. I didn't ignore her. You brought up Bill Simmons. I said that he needed to be on his own and that he possibly isn't as woke as you think he is. I don't know what woke stuff got him in trouble at ESPN. Can you tell me? You brought up Lebetard. I said I didn't know much about him, found out he missed a day of work after criticizing Trump, but apparently wasn't suspended. And...

I think this is just miscommunication.

From what I read in the article you linked, he wasn't officially suspended for criticizing Trump, but he did have to talk to his boss. So, he wasn't suspended for wokeness.

However, he was suspended at another time for mocking LeBron James, the woke king. The way I said it made it seem like I said he was actually suspended for mocking LeBron and not criticizing Trump. At least I think that's what's happening.

Point is, being woke and criticizing Trump maybe didn't earn him a suspension, it isn't clear, but mocking LeBron clearly did.