1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

66 pounds in 8 to 9 months

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 17, 2010.

1. worzel gummidge

I've decided to try out for a sport in under a year's time. I had the opportunity to play this sport professionally many moons ago. Now I'm heading into this at an age where players are either late bloomers or retiring.

This isn't a fanciful career change. It'll be an one and done year if I can make it.

Anyhow, my goal now is gaining 66 pounds under 9 months. How much I can actually gain or keep isn't as important than improving my speed or stamina.

Are there any "older" posters here who bodybuild and run? I'm wondering how realistic these targets are for someone who is "older"?

2. Fatty FatBastard

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3zkkLckeyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3zkkLckeyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

3. Fatty FatBastard

I like this idea. We can do a worzel/fatty thing in 12 months.

Why am I still up? Oh yeah...

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What sport is that?

If you're the guy in the front, 66 pounds will not be enough...

[​IMG]

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

How tall are you? That's an insane amount of weight/muscle!

Also, is it hard for you to put on muscle?

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

66 lbs in 9 months is a lot and outside of obesity I'm not aware of anyone gaining that much weight in muscle that quickly. Just from my own observations of athletes who gain weight is that you will lose quickness and stamina. If your natural weight is 66 lbs lighter your frame might not be able to handle such a rapid weight gain.

If you are serious about this you should probably check with a doctor and get a professional trainer to monitor your progress and make sure there aren't any health issues.

7. ChievousFTFace

It really depends on your height and ability to put on muscle. If he's a hard gainer... there's no way.

If he is taller and puts on weight fast, then it's doable.

Would take a lot of explosive lifts. No sissy long distance running. Tons of anaerobic exercises, especially sprinting. Would have to train the legs super hard.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No one can gain 66 pounds in less than a year unless you have some serious hormone imbalance or you are artificially skinny. The most I've seen someone gain in a year is 40 pounds and that was only because you used to do some crazy things to lose weight for wrestling.

9. ChievousFTFace

I put on 25 lbs + of muslce in 3 months and I'm only 5'8.5 and 29 years old.

Went from 157 lbs and 13% body fat to 185 lbs and 10% body fat.

Smart use of multiple types of protein (casein and whey), explosive lifts and exercises (no isolating of muscles).

It really depends on genetics if it's possible or not.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Its possible just get on dat dere cell tech

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the problem with this is you won't keep getting the same return with added time, so the next 3 months you may only add 10 pounds and the 3 after that 5.

Worzel, what sport and how old are you? do you want 66 pounds of pure muscle? That's not likely to happen...66 lbs fat+muscle is definitely possible though, but i can't see how that's going to help unless you're on the line in football. To keep it simple, eat a lot, as much clean food as you can, and mostly due compound lifts, but sprinkle in some isolation to stimulate every possible muscle. Get adequate rest in between workouts.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Likely not possible even with steroids, a good workout routine and a perfect diet but you could definitely bulk up a good amount with all of the above.

14. worzel gummidge

I recall a player who gained something like 44 or 55 pounds in an off-season which was 3 to 5 months? He claimed a diet of 20 eggs per day but this was the mid-90s when creatine was the new fad and it could have been that. This guy didn't fail any drug tests during his career so maybe it's possible?

15. Yak

Yak Member

25+ lbs of lean muscle is IMPOSSIBLE to gain in simply 3 months.

Try one year. And that's if you're just starting. And you have the right body type. And you have a strict diet. And you follow a perfect routine.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Using this helps too.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

18. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I'm afraid that's all I can contribute to this conversation.

Good luck though :)

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Even if you used roids and hormones like insulin, GH, or test, you could not put on 66 pounds of muscle in less than 9 months.

Professional bodybuilders on roids could not get that kind of gain, if they were laid off from injury and tried to regain their muscle.

You initial weight gain could 5 lbs of water weight easily from increasing calories.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I reccommend searching for the anabolic or steriods forum to get better advice on gaining such mass. You will have many more experienced users that can give better advice.