1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610am morning show calling for Morey to get fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

The worst thing to happen to Houston sports has been the proliferation of sports talk stations. They all vie for listeners so they feel the need to make outrageous claims to create controversy. It also doesn't help that with so many stations, the talent pool is stretched woefully thin.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I see 610am are still butthurt that the Rockets left their awful station for the much much much better 790am.

Personally, if they didn't have the Texans' broadcasting rights they would probably totally sink as a station. I refuse to listen to their horrible lineup.

3. TheresTheDagger

610 makes money through ratings. Having recently lost the Rockets, they have decided to become the "controversial" station by bashing them and stirring things up with the hopes of attracting more listeners through the controversy's.

I haven't listened to 610 in years. I don't know why others do. 1560 is out there if you need something during the commercial breaks...

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. I cannot reconcile the trade in my mind other than to say either they like Afflalo (vs Martin) and Moe Harkless more than we think, or someone, for some reason, (either ORL or LA) refused to include us in the deal. Who knows: LA might have preferred sending Bynum to the East enough to scour the league for different trading partners.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I know everyone want to be optimistic going forward with rookies potential. But looking from the outside, the Rockets are not doing enough...they simply fail to entice a superstar to come knowing there is plenty of assets. That's the hard part to swallow...that they have more assets than anybody can yet not able to get Bynum or Howard.

Everyone looking outside know the Rockets will be one of the worst teams in the entire league w/o someone like Howard or Bynum.

On the other hands, being a Lin fan, i am looking forward to the season.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Aron Afflalo. LOL.

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

That's what plants crave.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

610 is always going to be #1 as long as they have the Texans. And they are always going to have the Texans because they are always going to be #1.

Also, most people who consistently listen to 610 still think it's the only sports talk radio station in town. Maybe that will change now that the Rockets are moving to 790. But probably not, since the Rockets have sucked on ice for the last 3 years and will again this year.

Most casual 610 listeners (their bread and butter) don't even know 790, 1560 or 97.5 even exist.

610 is going to stick with their wanna-be Howard Stern fratboy format until the ratings change. And that's never going to happen as long as they have the Texans.

9. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

So Mike Metlzer mentioned this on the show swapover and said he is a active clutch fanner and that he really really like this BBS. They joked his name is Morey Lover on here.. But to be truthful.. They say things for the sake of arguement and guess what it does that just that. Apparently all of this came from a SI article. Seems like this BBS is just made because SR 610 is realistic about the Rockets and they are not homers. BTW I'm not a big Nick Wright fan.

10. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Morey has turned over the roster and it looks like the rockets are headed for another 12-14 draft pick. Yall bash 610 for telling the truth. Morey went on there and whined like a high school girl, it was pathetic. I lost all respect for him. A GM should be above that, but he has shown that he is not. Morey's activity has not produced to this point so criticism is justified. If you don't see that you are dillusional. I don't understand the praise for this guy. What has he done? He has an eye for mediocre talent. I keep hearing, if he went to a team that had a superstar he would succeed. REALLY? all he needs is a team that is prebuilt for him, is that it. Geez. 610 Killed the Texans a couple of years ago when they sucked. They sound like fans, and that is what i want to listed to. Fans don't have to be dillusional an be in love when a team sucks, they need to be angry that their team sucks and want them to get better.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Funny, their not homers "AFTER" the Rockets bailed on them...
    BTW I'm not a Nick Wright fan either!

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The interview with Morey wasn't groundbreaking, poignant questions weren't asked - it was unprofessional fratboy drivel. Of course Morey doesn't have time for that schtick - who would?

If you think they're telling the truth - fair enough. But look at how they backup their argument. There's nothing of substance to it. Absolutely nothing. I've heard their statements, that's all they are, statements, there isn't a single host at 610 that can provide insightful commentary or fact based assessments. It's a bunch of 6th graders yelling. It's weak.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is true. And even if they didn't have the Texans people like my dad would still think that only 610 existed. He has no clue there are other options out there. The average sports fan doesn't know anything other than 610 and a lot of folks around during the post-Oilers/pre-Texans days seems to only know about 610 (not me).

14. BamBam

Josh Inness????

15. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Actually the most annoying on there is Barry Warner.

They admit that what they do is more entertainment and less informative. Those of us that want sports information are the ones frustrated about it. I remember some time back Josh Innes was talking about first sexual experiences I was getting upset that they would they think listeners cared about that. Who cares??? But people started calling wanting to share their first sexual experiences on the air. WTFreak!!!!! The problem is that they have a lot of Houston listeners who do want to be entertained with a light sport twist. Unfortunately, there are more people that want that than want straight sports talk. That's why they win the ratings and that's why they love their hosts. All we can do is just change the station.

I personally usually just rotate between music CDs, 610, 790, and silence.

17. rednation98

rednation98 Member

So theyre saying that morey should b fired for not getting Dwight. Dwight doesnt even like houston! even if he goes to houston, he will only stay for one season. That radio station is terrible!

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

19. BamBam

Which is Nick Wright?

20. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Wait wait wait, it was Morey who pushed Innes, Not the other way around. It was unproffesional for a GM and not a good look. They asked him softball questions and he challenged them to ask harder ones, and when they did he gave BS answers holding on to success the franchise had 20 years ago that he was never a part of.