1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6-0 Finish before ASB?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jboslett, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jboslett

jboslett Member

Saturday, February 2nd- At Milwaukee
    Monday, February 4th- At Minnesota
    Thursday, February 7th- Home vs. Cleveland
    Saturday, February 9th- Home vs. Atlanta
    Monday, February 11th- Home vs. Portland
    Wednesday, February 13th- Home vs. Sacramento

Now I don't want to get ahead of myself but we could very plausibly go 6-0 in the remaining 6 games before the All-Star break. Obviously tough games include Cleveland and Portland and perhaps even Sacramento who just got healthy.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

could happen if they can prevent playing down to their scrappy-scrub opponents.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'll take two of those plz. Most preferably toasted, buttered, and made into a sandwich with the ASB in the middle.

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

No if they play like tonight.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At the very least, we need to go 4-2, but I think 5-1 would be more ideal.

That would put us at 31-21, or 10 games over .500, just where I hoped for at the end of december. But 5-1 is not easy.

We will need to take 2 of 3 from Portland, Atlanta, and Cleveland - all tough games. And sweep the rest.

6. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

we'd better not lose to any of those teams. Not with the way the West is right now. Till the end of the season we're fighting for our playoff lives.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

we shouldn't lose any and we can't lose any. we are fighting for 2 spots in the west. it is sickening how top heavy the west is.

8. MONON

MONON Member

The West this year doesn't have a superior group of 3 or 4 teams. The Rockets are in 10th place, 6.5 games out of 1st. All 10 of these teams are fighting for their playoff lives. A short loosing streak could knock you out of the playoff picture altogether.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think this is when the rockets make thier run.

we will be on a 10 game winning streak by the time we face the hornets again.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, we've won our last two. So if we win the next six, wouldn't that be an 8-0 finish?

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Isn't Minnesota showing some life now? The Rox beat them down in Houston last time--I think they're going to be looking for revenge.

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

That's why play like the game tonight against Indianapolis is so worrying. They're coming up on a critical juncture and they played like ass.

13. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Current standings are we're 2 1/2 back from 4th seed and 6 1/2 back of 1. If we play like we have the last 3 or 4 weeks we could end up No. 1 but even if that doesn't happen we should definately get a top 4 seed. If you told me that a month ago I would have said "Shuuutup!"

14. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

Watch out for Sacramento..

15. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

If we play like we did tonight against Indiana or are relaxed only because 6 of 2 are under .500 then we will go 4-2 if we come out strong which is rarely seen by Rockets this season then we will win.

To win these games...

1) Start Scola in all games - brings energy with offense and rebound
    2) Come with purpose - requires motivation which this team has lacked it seems.
    3) Play reserves more - get everyone on regular rotation active which means t mac with less minutes (except for 4th quarter)
    4) Motion - PASS PASS PASS need 26+ assists in every game.
    5) Less Shots - Tmac needs to take maximum of 15 shots a game (unless he is hot) and drive in a lot more! By him taking less shots it will give others to take shots and get comfortable and built confidence, I can't stand to see T mac start off 2-10 or something horrible over and over again and we complain about Rafer.

16. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I think we have a legit chance to take all three
    We have been matching up well with Atlanta and Cleveland
    as for Portland, I am pretty sure Yao will somehow manage to win that game by himself. He has a lot to prove against that team, and he is capable of doing that