1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5th perimeter player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StrawberryJamm, Jul 30, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who is the 5th perimeter player?

1. Brewer

21 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. McDaniels

27 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Prigioni

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Dekker

26 vote(s)
    30.6%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. StrawberryJamm

As is we're 4 deep on the perimeter with Harden, Gordon, Ariza, and Beverly for 144 minutes of PG, SG, and SF. That's an average of 36 minutes per game per player, not to mention Ariza possibly getting minutes at PF.

Assuming no other moves are made, someone else is going to need to provide 20 minutes off the bench. Who is the best option?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Whoever works.

Hoping Dekker takes a step forward and turns into a quality rotation player.

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Lou Williams :eek:;)

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

please no more brewer. wasted minutes on guys that could have needed it last season.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Someone not on this team as of yet. Where are the trades?

6. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

7. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

We need to make this poll public so we know who's voting for Brewer.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

9. CertifiedTroll

I voted Brewer. I am not proud that I selected that option.

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I think we would do better with a 5th dimensional player, who would be unguardable in space and time. Plus, they come with cool music:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oPK7ZF6jfJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Old Man P

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Would vote paulwtfk, but breh is a 1st option.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hwo about dekker? he's good at pointing forward. i bet he can translate that into being a point forward nba player. cant make harden do all the work on offense for 3 straight ****in years.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know if Prigs can handle 20 minutes but if he could that would be good. I'd like to see more Harden at the 3.

15. StrawberryJamm

McDaniels and Brewer are similar, below average 3 point shooters, mistake prone, but good speed on the break, get dunks off cuts, and be disruptive on D. I'd go with KJ based on fit not necessarily the best player but adds things we lack: athleticism, chase down blocks, ability to guard opposing PG's if playing with Harden and Gordon, and he seems to understand he's the 5th option unlike Brewer.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Can't see McDaniels being any worse than Brew was last year. With Ryan Anderson on the floor, we should be able to get away with his poor shooting. Turn him into a bigger Tony Allen.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

srs it should be kj. u dont commit 10m for a young untapped player to rot on the bench unless you're stupid as hell. in the new cba u should take full advantage of any talented player on your team who's on a cheap contract.

cuz of his talent and contract he can be invaluable to the team on defense and cutting to the rim for easy buckets. he can defend pgs so instead of playing 40 year old priggs 20mpg, just have kj guard the pgs when bev is on the bench. cant play him 20mpg till he proves it so split the minutes with priggs till he gels with the team.

the bench offense is fine with beasley, gordon, dmo and nene. just get guys who can defend so thats kj and harrel

he already brings the best perimeter d after the brick bros. dont need help with scoring. put him in there and see if he can keep up. if not there's always brewer :(

too bad that priggs and brewer are prolly gonna get those minutes.