1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

4-Man Rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RocketManJosh, Sep 10, 2004.

1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I was looking at the schedule and since we have 2 off days coming up, we could go with a 4-Man rotation (Oswalt, Clemens, Backe, and Hernandez Or Munro) all the way until September 25th and only Clemens and (Hernandez or Munro) would have to go once on 4-days rest.

I think this would be a good move as I just don't trust throwing Pete Munro and Carlos Hernandez out there back to back consistently while in a tight race for the wild card.

I would be for going with a 4-Man rotation the rest of the way, but that would mean each pitcher would have to go at least twice on 4-Days rest. I don't know if that is something they are capable of doing in back to back starts. The last thing we want to do is get them injured.

At a minimum I think we should go with the 4-Man rotation until the 25th of September just to get Oswalt and Clemens an extra start or two .. We really need to take advantage of the luxury of the off days, which the Cubs and Marlins really don't have.

Do yall think there is any chance of Garner switching to this?

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I really wouldn't want Clemens going on just four days rest, but that's just me. I say we address this if and when they give us a reason to.

3. spence99

spence99 Member

Wouldn't want Clemens going on 4 days rest? He's been pitching on 4 days rest all season. With a 5 man rotation, you get 4 days off inbetween. I think it would be a good idea to go to the 4 man rotation. The hard part is who do you cut out? We don't have a clear #5 right now.

4. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Which 2 pitchers have the best stuff; Hernandez, Backe and Munro. The odd man out IMO would have to be Munro.

5. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

See ya later Pete

6. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Munro will still be on the team for long inning relief or spot starts, much like Ron Villone used to do.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I won't happen unless it's absolutely necessary. It doesn't matter how well the pitchers do if the offense only scores 1 run.

8. MONON

MONON Member

I would do a 4 man rotation through the Giants & Cards series.

9. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I'd rather see Redding as the 4th man.

10. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Cubs Fan?

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

:D :D :D

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't care. Either way we are going to win this thing. Everybody is just going to have to step it up.

13. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Redding > Hernadez > Munro

14. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Indeed

:mad:

Redding is "the" blackhole. If only Pete Munro had Reddings stuff.

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

X

#15 Fegwu, Sep 13, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2004