1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

4-6 with 6 games left, How will Texans end up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Perrin, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Perrin

Perrin Member

here is the remaining schedule:

New England
    Atlanta
    at Jacksonville
    at Tampa Bay
    Tennessee
    Indianapolis

Atlanta, at Jacksonville both look like the next games we should win

Tampa Bay is not playing well, especially their run defense, Davis could bust out in that game giving us a win

NE, Tenn, Indy are all top notch SB contenders...each should handle us with ease..

I say we end up 7-9 with 8-8 being best case scenario

but 3 more wins is not out of the question

Go Texans!

p.s.

Will Davis & Johnson both get to 1000 yards and become the first rookie teammates to accomplish that ?

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I agree with your scenario... I did predict 8-8 at the start of the season (and I said maybe we make the playoffs off a wierd 7-9 scenario) -and most scoffed and mocked saying "no way" and "win six at best..."

Well odds are still probably in favor of at least 7!

And I think the rookie Dynamic Domanick and 'Dre Duo will get their amazing 1000 yard seasons!

Too cool.

3. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

I did not think the Texans would manage any more than 4 wins all season. They have really played well enought to stay in games and pull some out at the end. As far as Perrin's assessment, I can see the Texans having a chance to win in the Falcons and Jacksonville games, but with Vick scheduled to be back for the game I will not take that win for granted.

4. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Texans will finish the season 10-6 and go on to win the Superbowl in hometown Houston, preventing every postseason opponent from scoring even once.

*Goes off to cry somewhere.*

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if this team wins 7 games, it would be an amazing feat. man, i love this team!

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Wouldn't 10-6 be best case scenario? :)

7. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Not if you want a shot at Sean Taylor to shore up the secondary.

8. Remix

Remix Member

Mike Vick comes on the field for the first time aganist us. I think he will be anxious and will probaly make 4-5 highlight plays and demolish our defense.

After seeing the Titans and Jags game yesterday, and last time if Leftwhich didnt fumble the ball we would of probaly lost, it will be a tough game for us.

The Ne, Ten, and Indy games look like blowouts.

I think we might have a chance vs Tampa by the way there playing.

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Uh, yeah, and if we had only stopped the Jets from scoring at the end of that game, we'd be 5-5 right now. Wait! Check that! If we only had a defensive answer for Rudi Johnson in the Bengals game, we'd be 6-4 now. Etc. Etc. What's your point?

I do agree that the NEXT time we play the Jags, the game might be a little tougher to win. They'll have Jimmy Smith and Kevin Johnson available the next go-round (plus a more experienced Leftwich).

Personally, I think the Texans will eek out another 2 wins and finish with a respectable 6-10 record.

10. Remix

Remix Member

My point is, the other games we lost. During the Jaggs game they were up by 6 or something, there possesion with like 1:38 left on the clock. They were running down the clock and Leftwich on like a second down runs gets hit and fumbles. Then the heroic move my Carr and Capers call whens the game.

I said this cause we are going to play the jags again, and merly stated that to prove that game was a close one and if not by Leftwich rookie mistake we woulnt be 4-6 right now.

11. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

No one expected us to win against Miami. No one expected us to beat Carolina. There are a lot of games that look like blowouts coming up in the schedule that I say we have a very good chance of winning. Then the JaxJags game will be close, like last time. The Falcons game should be close as well, but I think we can pull through, with Vick being a little rusty. I say we end up at 7-9 (like most people have been saying) but even 8-8 is feasible.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I say we end up at 6-10 by beating Atl and winning one of the last three games. I just got to think the Jags are tired of being our b****es and will get out a microscope long enough to locate their balls and squeak by with a win.

All in all I think it's been a successful season. On offense we've played with Carr missing a lot of time and two rookies looking like vets and still haven't scratched the surface yet. The O-line is much improved.

On defense we've started the year with zero depth to begin with and then promptly all of our top players lose significant amounts of time. (Payne, Walker, Coleman, Glenn, Clemens, Peek, etc.)

Couple all of that, and don't forget we've been playing like the third toughest schedule in the leaue or something rediculous like that, and we've still been competitive in every game and only half the teams in the league have a better record than us.

13. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Given how banged up the defense has been, a 6-10 record would be more than acceptable to me. The offense has improved significantly over last year. Given that this is almost surely not a playoff team, the final record is less important than the improvement shown on the field.

That said, I'm still rooting for 10-6.

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Gonna be hard with Carr out at least one game, maybe more.

15. rockets688

rockets688 Member

We'll win five, beating the Falcons at home...

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

3 INT's and 2 fumbles.:p

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

2-0 without him! :)

18. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Good point. Tony Banks has been pretty soild this season. He really has developed a connection with AJ.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm sticking to my preseason prediction of 6-10. With last years defense and this years offense, we coulda been a contenda!

Lets draft all defense for next year and make a playoff run.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

well, no offense to tony, but he's throwing five yard out to him. i'm pretty certain tyra banks could do that... in fact, i think i'd much prefer to see that....