1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd Attempt: GOP/Trump Repeal & Replace ACA and Trump lie about pre-exist coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Take another L, dotard.

CometsWin and KingCheetah like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Collins -- No.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This bill is dead. The focus should be on fixing the ACA. If I was Dem leadership I would make the offer that bipartisan fix for the ACA be called "Trumpcare" so that way Trump and GOP can say they repealed and replaced "Obamacare" while the we don't throw millions from health insurance.

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

When will these fools learn that what there doing is not good for America fix the bill trying to replace the ACA is not good make changes.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... there has to be a special place in hell reserved for Gohmert... and maybe a place next door for tweeter in chief...

Gohmert wants Arizona voters to fire McCain so he can cope with cancer — and can't block Obamacare overhaul
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...-can-cope-brain-cancer-block-obamacare-repeal

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Sources say the Senate will not even vote on it. Graham-Cassidy is dead.

KingCheetah likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Very depressing that it had so much more support in the Senate than in the American public or in the world of professional healthcare organizations. But happy it seems to be dead, for now.

****ing zombie, this topic. Wish they would work on a real bipartisan fix. We need it.

eric.81 likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trump to go on another tirade in order to deflect attention away from this.

eric.81 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Interesting breaking news... Bob Corker, republican senator from TEN just announced he is retiring. Marsha Blackburn is eyed as a candidate for the open senate seat.

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I recall someone recently calling you the J.R. of the D&D (B-Bob?) -- great job with updates and posting brief summaries of the article -- well done.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dotard needs to stop trying to slick one in, and start working across the aisle...

DD

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It was me, and he certainly deserved the compliment. As for what he posted, it's shocking that such an unfeeling, despicable, and less than worthless human being, if that is possible, could be elected to Congress. Gohmert is an absolute *******. Actually, that's being too kind. I had already seen this, and I'm glad it was posted by NewRoxFan. Where are the Repubicans condemning this man? How can such behavior by an elected official be made without universal condemnation? A genuine American hero treated this way should be considered an outrage by everyone, regardless of party.

#1013 Deckard, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    el gnomo likes this.
  14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

The dotard could learn a little from this.

B-Bob, CometsWin and KingCheetah like this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Lol...

Satire from The Borowitz Report
    Trump Supporters Furious That They Still Have Health Care
    By Andy Borowitz
    [​IMG]

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—With a fury that could spell political trouble for Republicans in the midterm elections, Trump voters across the country on Friday expressed their outrage and anger that they still have health coverage.

“I went to bed Thursday night and slept like a baby, assuming that when I woke up I would have zero health insurance,” Carol Foyler, a Trump voter, said. “Instead, this nightmare.”

Harland Dorrinson, who voted for Trump “because he promised that he would take my health care away from me on Day 1,” said that he was “very upset” that he will still receive that benefit.

“I woke up this morning, and my family and I could still see a doctor,” he said. “This is a betrayal.”

Many Trump supporters said that congressional Republicans “gave up too soon” in their efforts to deprive ordinary Americans like them of their health care.

“They should not take August off,” Calvin Denoit, a Trump supporter, said. “They should stay in Washington and keep working until I totally lose my coverage.”

For Trump voters like Benoit, the abject disappointment of continuing to have health care raises fears about which other campaign promises might soon be broken.

“Now I don’t know what to believe,” he said. “Are we still going to get to pay billions of dollars in taxes for that wall?”

JeffB, el gnomo, dobro1229 and 3 others like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

KingCheetah and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Is he lying, or is he too dumb to know ? I honestly do not know. Either way, a portion of the public will be fooled and will believe this. Can't blame them (health care isn't easy to understand) and feel sorry for those that do need extensive care, then find out they aren't covered.

18. NewRoxFan

19. NewRoxFan

Hmm... I remember when trump was going to stop pharmaceutical costs from rising...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

#MAUA

Make America Unaffordable Again. Kind of has a Hawaiian lilt to it.

mdrowe00 and NewRoxFan like this.