1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd Attempt: GOP/Trump Repeal & Replace ACA and Trump lie about pre-exist coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The GOP has a majority they could pass it through. Most republican seats aren't up in 2018.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They actually voted to remove the exemption so we don't get to use that ammo.

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Oh and fun fact from this bill. Group plans can operate out of any state. I currently purchase through my employer that has a group plan from Florida. So even though I live in a blue state that wouldn't opt out of ACA rules, my employer coverage still can!

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

So happy right now.

5. geeimsobored

Not in the bill that passed. It's still there.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't understand what your response has to do with my post?

7. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

This is a momentum vote for Mr Trump and the Republicans. This bill will be tweaked, it is far from perfect, give it sometimes before you try to kill it. Healthcare is a complicated issue, Obama and his minions tried their best to have their way with a path towards universal healthcare and fortunately for America, they failed miserably. I can guarantee you guys something: the Democrats will never work with the Republicans on this or anything else that is important to this country, so I say...screw them.

8. Major

Major Member

You're so happy that the House passed meaningless legislation that is dead on arrival in the Senate?

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. justtxyank

I mean seriously. A big carrot to get moderate Republicans to vote on this bill was the promise that it would die in the Senate lol. What's to be happy about? Even if you think this is the best bill ever it won't become law.

11. geeimsobored

That's a separate bill. I realize they split it for budgetary reasons but its still in the AHCA which means they'll still get killed in ads for it.

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's see how you feel when you get sick.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Being in Russia, it really doesn't affect you much.

mtbrays, justtxyank and B-Bob like this.
  14. justtxyank

Probably won't feel that well. ;)

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

16. Anticope

Anticope Member

But you're going to lose your mental health coverage... :(

Nook likes this.
  17. justtxyank

Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There isn't anything about the bill I think is any better. It doesn't matter anyway, since it won't look the same coming out of the Senate. I said I like this process better.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its not necessarily "Free Stuff". Even you can be more honest about this.

Lets be honest about what Obamacare is. Its IS re-distribution of wealth. This whole repeal is about nothing more than the GOP getting the tax break to their wealthy donors and corporate America. The mandates are what pay for Obamacare. Its not free healthcare. Someone is paying for it.

This is a philosophical debate about whether we want a country where the wealthy pay taxes that help the poor, & the lower middle class, or do we want a society that continues further down the road of wealth disparity with the hope of Trickle Down Economics. We have been fortunate enough to live in a Capitalist Democracy that, while not perfect, has allowed in the past for a true middle class.

No matter which side of the philosophical debate you stand on, nobody can sit here with a straight face, and say that the rate that the rich keep getting richer, and the middle class keeps decreasing isn't a problem for the future of the country.

Whether you like, love, or hate Obamacare doesn't matter. The fact is today we are a step closer to putting more money in the pockets of the wealthy while the middle class, and especially the lower middle class will continue to take a bigger hit as we move further towards an Oligarchy.

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member