1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even in the worst case scenario where Arbery is just a psychopathic trespasser who was potentially stealing stuff, and wasn't really jogging, and then was hostile to the point of blows being had between Ahmed and the two guy vigilantes....

Even in that situation the two white guy vigilantes STILL should have called the cops, and kept a distance from Ahmed. They had no right to stalk him and block him off, and ultimately create a confrontation that led to an unarmed black man losing his life.

Arbery does not need to be classified as either a saint or a thug in order to note that the two white guys with guns took the law in their hands in a way that was not necessary, and unnecessarily led to a young man losing his life who did not deserve a death sentence. At the very least these two need to be put in jail for the maximum manslaughter charges. With a full trial to flesh out all the details I feel confident it probably won't help creating motive for premeditated murder based on what I can see.

Yung-T and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Here the thing. No Burglary was reported. It wasn't their home or property. How would they know about any of his supposed criminal history? Hmmmm. This goes to their targeting of him because they had seen him jogging in the neighborhood before and had investigated him before (the one formerly in law enforcement did). They had NO right to stop him. That is the point. A Number of people had walked thru the house. The owner NEVER filed chargers.

They murdered him.....and they will pay for it.

Yung-T, Invisible Fan and FrontRunner like this.
  3. conquistador#11

Sister:
    [​IMG]

I'm now going to recuse myself from this 'debate'.

4. dobro1229

Just classic character assassination to muddy a jury before or during a trial. It's also a PR campaign to try and create a cloud to protect the state AG and others who need to be held accountable for their reaction to push this aside and bury the story before the video came out a couple weeks ago. I guarantee you all the character assassination information coming out is from the political arm of the state legislature for that reason.

Yung-T, FrontRunner, amaru and 3 others like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And I keep asking....how did they know he didn't have permission from the owner to be in the house at that time. Clearly in retrospect he didn't, but they didn't know that when they decided to confront him with guns.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are people continuing to reply to Dach and Trader, they are so obviously trolling.

Can we just discuss breaking news and ignore the obvious trolls, they don't care about the actual facts of the case.

Yung-T, Blatz, JuanValdez and 6 others like this.
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I haven't followed this thread or case too closely, as it just makes me sad reading the posts from people here jumping through hoops to defend the killers, and I'm too lazy to go back and read the post you're responding to, so what I'm about to say might be completely off-topic. If so, just ignore it. But if you're talking about the recently released video which shows the victim being detained and nearly tazed in another incident, I couldn't help but think of the leaked and doctored convenience store footage the prosecutor's office put out of Michael Brown shortly before he was shot by St .Louis police.

It's bad enough that unarmed men are shot and killed, but when you have government authorities conspiring to taint the jury pool and cover up misconduct... that's some kind of f'ed up.

I don't want to pretend to be perfect, but to be okay with that, not to mention being okay with unarmed blacks being shot and killed by police and goons with guns, is also some kind of f'ed up. I'm going to get out of this thread now for my own sanity. Sorry again if you were discussing something else.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's amazing that they thought this video besmirches Arbery, the cops clearly overreacted, especially the one that tried to tase him and he complied with all orders.

Did not know the MB video was doctored.

9. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Yeah, it came out months later that the D.A.'s office led the public to believe Brown was shoplifting when he had already paid the clerk. Or something to that effect. I don't remember the exact details, but I remember they purposely withheld several minutes of footage that painted a totally different picture of what happened before the shooting.

Yung-T, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You're using the Michael Brown shooting as defense? Did you not see the facts that came to light in that case? The witness (Dorian Johnson) was shown to have totally lied (hands up!....total lie as proven by the autopsy and many other witnesses). You need to educate yourself - the cop that killed Michael Brown wasn't even indicted due to the overwhelming evidence. But all you remember are the sensationalist news headlines pushed out by race baiters, even after they were shown to be false.

Yet another example of somebody (FrontRunner) who can't think for himself. His mind is controlled by his racial stereotypes and false media race baiting headlines. See my sig, the words of Dr. King.

11. dobro1229

Nope you got it. It’s a shame that at the highest levels of law enforcement there’s obvious attempts to taint the jury pool with character assassination attempts.

If the defense in a trial brings up “character traits” that relate to the prosecution that’s fine and the judge has the ability to mediate. But what always happens in these leaks that only could have come from law enforcement or politicians is a travesty to our “justice” system.

12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I see you zeroed in on the words Michael and Brown and completely missed everything else I said. I should have known your kind would jump at the opportunity to besmirch a dead guy.

I'm going to stop at that because it's not relevant to the matter at hand and because I know you're part of the reason why we have threads like this in the first place.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am glad you did not take the bait.

Yung-T, RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Oh I see you backpedaling. And rightly so. You tried to lazily extend your comments to all the "unarmed black men" getting killed out there. So you did mean to use the Michael Brown incident in your logic.

I suppose you can try to dance and then hurl the race card to try to avoid debate. Fine by me. I'm just trying to help you learn how to think.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You'r looking desperate for attention.

That's not a good look even for you.

Blatz, RayRay10, FrontRunner and 2 others like this.
  16. dobro1229

We all know where you go to learn how to think... it’s not here that’s for sure.

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm sorry I disappointed you. Especially after you announced to the world that I couldn't think for myself because I felt empathy for the families of dead black men. Because I agreed after hearing evidence, like the state of Georgia, that the assailants in this matter should have been charged much earlier. And because I don't feel sympathy, like you, for the morons that killed this kid.

I'm sorry, too, that I think things like gerrymandering and police and prosecutorial misconduct aren't cool, and that I want to see government officials held accountable for their actions.

Yeah, real sorry. Wish I could come around to your way of thinking...

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

19. amaru

amaru Member

Gotta love the smear campaign.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The bbs has this great tool called the ignore list. Sounds like the sort of thing that would be useful to you, you should check it out.

FrontRunner likes this.