1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. Fantasma Negro

Really? You found nothing wrong with LeBron "injustice anywhere but China" James said? We are being hunted? Simple minded fear mongering. A man was shot in cold blood, instead of using his influence to put pressure on the district attorney and court system to lock those pieces of **** up Xi James decided to sprinkle fear and wokeness down from his castle towers to his nieve, impressionable followers. **** LeBron

Astrodome likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

On the other hand if you are a white guy can escape prison and pretend to be a jogger

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

A 25-year old dying is a tragedy any way you look at it, but it's also wrong to assume that the white men had evil in their hearts without knowing the facts. In almost all of these circumstances over the years, there is always more to the story.

I don't believe these white men intended to kill the black man - only to slow him from fleeing on foot and to apprehend him. When the black man went for the gun, then there's no choice but to use deadly force. It's either kill or be killed at that point. This turns into a George Zimmerman situation at that point - and as we know, he was acquitted in a court of law.

Did the white men err in assuming that the black man was the burglary suspect? We don't know yet. I still can't reconcile why the black man attacked the white men with guns. Why not just outrun them and diffuse the situation by avoiding a physical confrontation? If this man were a regular jogger, as some have suggested, then outrunning these two men would be quite easy.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Outrun 2 men with trucks? Do u even hear the dumb sh*t you’re saying?

It’s called a fight or flight response for a reason u fool. U can either flee on foot from some rednecks in trucks with guns and probably get shot in the back, or fight and try to wrestle the gun away from your attacker.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah and he was hunted because of the color of his skin

Ubiquitin and edwardc like this.
  6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Troll much this man was minding his on self business when these 2 in the white truck approached him and started the confrontation. This all seems so close to what happened in Florida wow it just like in that case a white person didn't get arrested then and may not get arrested in this case.

Rocket River and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

No, he was TARGETED because he was black. If black people are hunted by anyone its by black people. LeBron only speaks when it feeds narrative, there was gang shooting in Los Angeles yesterday, two black men were killed but LeBron didn't say **** about that because it was black gang members killing rival black gang members. Some dude got killed on his porch in Chicago last night but it was black on black so it doesn't matter right? Smh, live in fear all you want, there are pieces of **** everywhere, we know for sure that there are two pieces of **** in Georgia that should be in cuffs

VooDooPope likes this.
  8. edwardc

edwardc Member

You are right about one thing they did err in assuming that he was a burglary suspect which if they didn't know pick up the phone and get local PD to come and see follow him if needed but don't attack the man like they did.There was no reason for him to need to outrun them he wasn't doing anything wrong but jogging while black again you have no proof that he attacked them but there is proof of him merely minding his on business jogging down the street .

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

targeted and hunted are pretty much synonymous

would you have felt totally okay if Lebron said "We are Targeted?"

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

Bro do you actually feel like that? Like seriously, you feel like you're being targeted all day everyday to be killed by white people and police officers everywhere you go?

11. vlaurelio

you the one who said "he was TARGETED because he was black"

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to get too far rehashing the Trayvon Martin case but yes it was the wrong charge and an overreach by the DA. That said it's is established law and something that is frequently brought up in martial arts about looking for trouble. The frequent example is the "you want to take this outside?" Once you invite trouble, or in the case of the Zimmerman and this situation go looking for it, you're throwing self-defense out the door.

I will point out that Stand Your Ground should work for the other side too. Both Martin and Arbery under stand your ground have the right to defend themselves and not retreat also.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When someone’s pulls a gun on you, it’s always suppose to be with the intent to kill. If you don’t have that intent to kill, the gun should never be drawn, these are the rules.

These people are not cops, obeying demands doesn’t guarantee a peaceful outcome in anyway, these people are not being lawful, these people intend to kill you, you have the right to kill them.

You can fight, flight, or give up. This dudes instinct was to fight, so he charged the guy and tried get the gun.

Picture this

Tell me where you are right now, I will pull up on you right now, pointing a gun at your head for absolutely no reason outside of mental illness and hysteria, you naturally are in fear of your life, (you are unarmed but if I saw you draw I would kill you), you instead throw a punch, try to grab me, try to grab the gun away from me, I shoot you in the head and you die.

Who’s in the wrong? Legal self defense for me?

joshuaao, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Sorry if I missed it in earlier replies, but did it ever come out why the person was filming? It almost felt like a fake video (I know it's not!) the way the camera/car turned right before the confrontation then comes back with them fighting over the shotgun.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just when I thought Whitlock could not be a bigger ******* and attention seeker.

Yes what Lebron tweeted was using a bit of hyperbole but its more true than not but Whitlock is just being the ultimate contrarian and nitpicking what Lebron for attention.

He probably wants to get some of that sweet fox news money to be another token black talking head.

**** him.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He did try and outrun them they tried to stop him twice.

I mean really dude.

dmoneybangbang and edwardc like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Endorsing a lynching is a welcome respite from Endorsing 20% unemployment and 200,000 dead for the Trumpist crowd it appears!i Maybe it's a side effect of the bleach injections.

RayRay10, Rocket River and vlaurelio like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IT is only mildly amusing to see the Racist turn into pretzels trying to justify this

Rocket River

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

@Trader_Jorge Zimmerman has already made his mind on this

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Disgusting. I think an appropriate punishment for both McMichael’s would be to line them both up and execute them with the rifle they used to kill Arbery.