1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/23 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dkamberi25, Jul 26, 2022.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's laudable and all...but at the stage he's at, take the money and run. He's won all he's going to win and it doesn't prevent him from continuing to play for Croatia next year. If anything, it lessens the load a bit so he's more fresh once the Euros roll around.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seems like Kane really gave us the green light for a move and we submitted a first bid, really didn't expect this.
    Negotiations will be brutal though.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. leroy

I guess if he's going to leave Spurs and it's not going to be to United, I'd certainly prefer it's out of the EPL all together. Good luck getting their dips*** ownership to agree to a move.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Raz

Raz Member

Gonna take some patience, but it looks like it's happening.

I guess after a serious period of b****ing he'll finally agree, because he can't let Kane walk for free next summer, also if Levy won't sell this summer, he can't control his destination and Kane would be able to join any rival PL club he'd like.
    Spurs can have Mané, if they want.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Mane+Goretzka swap deal, who says no? :oops:

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Oh yes, please give them Mané. I really don't like him. I also think he is probably older than his official age.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I guess as long as he's not dealing with United he's agreeable. Such a b*stard that Levy. Plus, his hands are kind of tied now re. Kane. Either he agrees to where Kane wants now or he ends up with nothing for Harry next summer. I bet Levy is pushing for Bayern a lot. b*stard.
    I hate this. I mean, I like it for Bayern but I hate it for us-United supporters.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The time this ownership situation has taken is pretty ridiculous, I'm in a discord with some ManU fans and they are furious about this whole ordeal.

It's tough to sanction a budget and proper negotiations when the Glazers are taking so long with this ownership choice and seemingly want to milk the Qataris and Ratcliffe for the last penny, even if it means this transfer period ends up a failure.

BamBam likes this.
  9. leroy

Levy is almost as big of a piece of s*** as the Glazers. Not to say I don't enjoy a good Spurs joke but it's sad to see what he's doing to that club. Why Son or anyone would want to hang around is beyond me. Son should've seriously considered the Saudi offer he got...or at least demand a trade somewhere. He had a s*** season but I think he's still a very good player and would make any team better.

What the Glazers are doing to United is borderline criminal. They're holding the entire organization hostage, let alone the extremely large fan base who is not happy. Just f***ing do or say SOMETHING. What is the f***ing plan? Why have you dragged it completely unnecessarily into the summer where the transfer business has been completely hamstrung and it's going to f*** the team going into a huge season. The entire fan base is looking to take the next step back to where we should be and with so many pieces in place, there isn't that much work to do to get us to being a perennial challenger again. Get rid of the dead weight (sell Maguire, Martial, maybe Sancho. Release De Gea) and get some talent and depth in here. There's so much to be excited for but the Glazers are absolutely f***ing us. It's hard to tell if it's not intentional.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nice transfer, looked up some scouting reports and he seems a bit like Upamecano or Lucio.

Really aggressive at tackling and closing gaps, also was one of the fastest players in Serie A.
    Likes to go on forward runs and also great short&progressive passing statistics, only weakness are crosses.

11. Fantasma Negro

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. ferrari77

I detest Levy's strong-handed approach to getting everything out of a transfer but tbf to him, Spurs were going nowhere before he arrived. Middle of the pack at best. No major trophies since he took over but he's been at the helm for a CL final, PL top 3 finishes and other domestic cup finals. (1 League cup trophy) It's easy to forget Spurs weren't sniffing any of those things for ages before he arrived. Also, I don't even think he's the money man at Spurs, just the top exec. They don't have a sugar daddy. Just Levy trying to be shrewd with signings and transfers out. I don't like it when United are involved with him but I don't even think he's close to the Glazers. Those bastards are literally milking money out of United. Without putting a penny into the club. I'm gonna stop now because I get both angry and sad when I think of the Glazers. I hate those bastards.

leroy likes this.
  15. ferrari77

Bayern fans, wtf is up with this Florian Plettenberg fellow? Is he a Bayern front office media spokesman? Goodness. Every day it's something about Harry Kane and he writes/talks about it like he has special insight from Kane's camp or has talked to him. (Kane wants to move. Kane is ready to move. Kane won't say no to the move). I don't know much but I know that there are very few in the media with Harry Kane connections and that know what he wants. Also, if anything it will take a lot for him to force a move. I think the most we've seen him do is just sit out training for a little while. He doesn't seem like the type to stir up stuff or cause a ruckus.

16. leroy

I can't remember who said it recently but they were baffled at Kane wanting to allegedly leave the EPL (might've been Alan Shearer). He's so close to the record that it's insane for him to leave now...but also that he should force his way to one of that actual top clubs so that he has a real chance at hardware. It's not going to happen at Spurs. Yes, he will go down as a Spurs legend. But it's time to cement his legacy as an England and EPL legend and leaving for Bayer to win a pre-determined trophy is...well...weak sauce.

ferrari77 likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tbf most legit journalists have said the same regarding him agreeing to join Bayern, including Fabrizio Romano, Honigstein, Ornstein and several of the better English journalists.

Plettenberg is the best Bayern source atm and usually doesn't just make up stories, he always explicitly says when he doesn't have an info on something others are reporting about.

I fully agree with you in that Kane doesn't seem like the type to go on a strike or pout though, but he still has to be salty over that blocked Man City move (he could've been a treble winner by now).

AroundTheWorld and ferrari77 like this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

20. Raz

Raz Member

In other news, now that Kyle Walker is apparentely backing out again, I'd prefer him not to come. Would've been nice for Harry Kane to have a known face from the national team in his new club, but his indecisiveness is getting annoying. Don't see Walker's athletic value anyways, he would probably fail to acclimate just like Cancelo.
    Speaking of Kane, the way Bayern officials talk about him in public, his addition appears to be just a matter of time. We need this statement transfer.