1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by YOLO, Mar 17, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Refs will go free with no punishment while these kids careers are ended because of incompetence.

“Sometimes it happens”

Lmfao

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

[​IMG]

#382 Roscoe Arbuckle, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Raider17 and Jake Tower like this.
  3. Roscoe Arbuckle

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Texas Tech is in the national title game.

Some schools are just supposed to be competitive fodder that fill out the college sports landscape. They aren't supposed to actually win things, but here they are just one win away. And they haven't exactly gotten here through cream puffs and good draws, they earned this.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I saw this once before, Sheryl Swoopes dropped 47 points in the national championship game to beat Ohio State, 84–32. It's a time to celebrate the 4 time WNBA champion Houston Comets if you ask me. So I will root for Texas Tech and a parade.

Raider17, Jake Tower and Roc Paint like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

The double dribble call isn’t even the reason why auburn lost. It only became an issue because auburn beat themselves. You wouldn’t be using it as some scapegoat if doughty wasn’t dumb and made a terrible mistake that he cost his team. Auburn lost because he gifted Virginia 3 fts on a silver platter

7. Buck Turgidson

The missed double dribble was absolutely incompetence at its best. When I said "sometimes it happens" I was talking about horrible calls in relation to some sort of BS fantastical conspiracy theory. Sometimes refs make mistakes (we've all watched enough sports to know that), doesn't mean there's an ulterior motive.

It sucks, and yall got jobbed, and if I was an Auburn guy I'd be ****ing livid as well.

I will mention that if Auburn's 83% FT shooter hits his 2nd one with 7 seconds left the worst outcome is OT.

Easy, Jake Tower and YOLO like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don’t think there was some conspiracy. I think they were just incompetent and won’t be held accountable.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Like the Saints in the NFC playoffs, really sucks that we have to play "shouldabeen".

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anyone care about the women's title game, tonight? Baylor IS playing...

Any Bears fans in the house?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trash ass Texas Tech.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/riot-police-lubbock-texas-tech-final-four-win/
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ts-flip-cars-after-final-four-win/3392947002/
    https://www.si.com/college-basketba...k-students-crowd-take-streets-police-tear-gas

LOL

12. Buck Turgidson

All of those things are true, JR, and I dislike the Sand Aggies as much as anybody (for the reasons you just provided, and others), but I do love this hoops squad of theirs. And Beard is a UT guy and possibly my favorite coach in the NCAA, his interviews are incredible and you can't help but like him.

And my cousin and her husband are normal people who graduated from there, and huge sportsfans (Astros too, I made sure of that), and this would thrill them to no end. Think UT 2005 Rose Bowl.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Almost game time with no Connecticut. Than you!

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

You're the trash one here. Texas Tech defines College. I loved being there with my classmates, but by my senior year, it was time to go. My college ex-fiance was proposed to by a news anchor there live on TV (and I was the one everyone knew I had been engaged to. Long story)

Texas Tech is a great place to go to college. However, I'd never live in Lubbock. It's the Katy of Texas.

J.R. Take your petulant insults elsewhere. This should be about Tech and not about you.

#394 Roscoe Arbuckle, Apr 7, 2019
    Raider17 likes this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It could be argued that the player who double dribbled was fouled (jersey grabbed) immediately prior to the double dribble.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

I know UT...

[​IMG]

17. Buck Turgidson

Sorry that you suck, I'm still rooting for yall.

Wreck 'em Tech.

#397 Buck Turgidson, Apr 7, 2019
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Too many commercials..

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

TTU played too slow at the beginning. Speed Virginia up and they can win.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Someone threw a tortilla on the floor. That had be someone form TTU, lmao.

bacliff likes this.