1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 28, 2018.

?

2018 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 1, 2018.
  1. Warriors in 4

36.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

36.0%
  3. Warriors in 6

8.8%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.2%
  5. Cavs in 7

4.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

4.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.8%
  8. Cavs in 4

4.0%
  9. I'm not watching the NBA Finals

2.4%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also ran.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He'll be top 10 but his cowardice is hard to shake. It'll always be a knock on his legacy.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. fiersdownbelow

This. The NBA is honestly r****ded. They can't even rig this **** correctly to allow for more profits. Could've easily given Game 1 to the Cavs with one right call and given us more of a series...could've easily given Rockets game 7 by calling the game correctly and giving us perhaps a better Finals...give me a job Silver I'll help you "rig" this better i.e. call the **** correctly and stop trying to help a team that is already unbeatable and should've never been allowed to exist in the first place. ZZZZZZZZZZ

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I haven’t analyzed it until now, is Lebron supposed to beat GSW with Simmons and Embiid? Lmao. They wouldn’t even get passed Boston. Is the plan for them to acquire another star or..? LBJ, George and Boogie in LA wouldn’t beat the Warriors, either.

If i’m Bron i’m looking at it realistically, as. it. is. There are two teams you can join, other than GSW, that will win you more championships right now, Boston and Houston. That’s it. There’s no time for him to expirement and see if it works in LA ala the Thunder this year, he’s 33. Obviously Boston is out of the question because Kyrie. So logically, which often doesn’t equate to result, in the NBA, I don’t know what Lebron has to “think about”.

6. Mr. Space City

this is what silver wants.

he wants golden state to go on some crazy run like 4-5 straight titles and market golden state as not only the greatest nba team of all-time but one of the greatest sports teams of all-time and bank on the casuals tuning in to see the GOAT team.

basically what the uconn womens team did for womens college basketball. nobody cared about all the other teams and tuned in to just see uconn dominate.

i mean it is what it is, but for me it's not fun seeing a team not get challenged at all and when they do, the league rigs it for them to still win.

club soccer is more interesting right now.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

ESPN/ABC aka Disney controls a lot of NBA revenue. Disney absolutely wanted the Warriors in the Finals to represent the NBA. Warriors are "wholesome" compared to the Rockets...Curry is practically a cartoon character that appeals to families and the young crowd. A prepubescent boy who shoots a lot of 3s. They play "team ball", the supposed right way. That's the image they want to promote. Also sure a lot of powerful Silicon Valley dudes from the Bay Area have a lot of money locked up in the success of the Warriors.

Sajan and fiersdownbelow like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

You do realize the bulls won 6 titles in the 90s? The Lakers won 5 titles in the 80s? The Lakers won 5 titles from 2000-10?

Why are people still acting like a dominant extented run is something that Adam Silver came up with.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. Mr. Space City

i don't have a problem with dominate teams. i have a problem with the most dominate team of all time needing the league to rig a game 7 for them because they don't like the way the other team plays and because they're not as marketable.

11. BackdoorHarden

Welcome Lebron to Houston

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Lakers should've lost to the Kings in 2002. A rigged Game 6 prevented that. The same thing happened this postseason in Game 7 of the WCF.

hakeem94 and Sajan like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This could very well be the most uninteresting NBA Finals of our lifetime. Like...is there a single person interested by this?

14. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Maybe so. But what about the 90s bulls? The 80s Lakers? The point is the history of the league is full of seemingly unbeatable dynasties. This time it’s the warriors. They will fall off at some point just like all the other dominant teams and then a new alpha dog will take their place.

15. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

2002 Lakers vs nets was worse

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'd watch that again over this.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Yeah Shaq was unstoppable back then.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was about to say the exact same thing. They say the ratings aren't significantly down, but I can't imagine why they aren't. I haven't watched a second of this finals and can't imagine why anyone outside of Warriors fans would want to. There's just nothing interesting about it at all. The WCF was the championship.

amaru likes this.