1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Nov 13, 2015.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for validating! I never deal in absolutes ;)

Go Go USA!!

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I hate Klinsmann more and more with each passing day, and it's pretty obvious the players do too. He needs to be fired, but Gulati might be just as much of a problem as Klinsmann.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

3/29/2016 CONCACAF Round 4 Matchday 4
    Group A
    HON vs SLV (8pm San Pedro Sula)
    MEX vs CAN (9:30pm Mexico City)
    Group B
    CRC vs JAM (9pm San José)
    PAN vs. HAI (8:30pm Panamá City)
    Group C
    TRI vs. VIN (6pm Port of Spain)
    GUA vs USA (6:25pm Columbus)

Well, thanks for asking, but... no, Copa America only is about celebrating the Centennial anniversary. And the winners only get a big hug.

LOLs. "will"? Why do you sound so sure, Nostradamus? :grin:

Hopefully y'all get your act together, U.S.A.

It won't benefit the region to have the big two out of the Cup. I'll be laughing, but... it's not good.

Fyreball, it's too late into this stage to be firing a coach. If they win, it's going to help him stay. If they lose, it would be too late. Better wait until this round ends and hope they make it out. If they make it out, then yes, fire him.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Dempsey hits net!! Early goal massive.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Much better today. Playing as the favorites should. Need to keep the shutout, have someone run on to the field and kick Carlos Ruiz in the balls, and get Pulisic a couple of minutes.

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Don't be sad. Two out of three ain't bad.

Nice game.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Loved that game, we pressed all over the field and looked dangerous - and players played their normal positions.

DD

9. leroy

I'd have taken giving up a goal if it meant someone punching Carlos Ruiz in the balls. No one in international soccer deserves it more.

Not looking good for the U-23s. Down 2-1 to Colombia in the 2nd half of the 2nd game. Currently down 3-2 on aggregate and 2 away goals to 1. Have to score 2 to get through to Rio when we've barely had possession. Having to push more leaves things open for the more dangerous Colombian players.

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The ref of the USA-Colombia game completely lost control - embarrassing. But frankly, our U-23 team is not very good. No possession and porous defense.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How can you miss the Olympics twice in a row!? That's shameful! I guess another lost generation. MNT getting old as hell.

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I think calling this another lost generation when Olympic cycles only last four years is an overreaction. Granted, your complaint about lack of young talent is largely valid. Now maybe I'm overreacting, but I really like the skill and composure of Christian Pulisic. The kid's 17 years old and already gets playing time with Borussia Dortmund. And after seeing the way he continued the US attack off the bench late tonight, it's hard not to be a little excited.

13. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i don't consider it that you are picking on me, your opinion is welcomed...

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Klinsmann is the worst "coach" Bayern has ever had. The funny thing is that we might have won the 2006 world cup if this moron had not been our coach.

15. DaDakota

I recall you warning us about him, you were right all along.

DD

16. leroy

Yep. He'll do just enough to qualify and maybe another 2nd round appearance...allowing him to step away on his own terms...all the while we will be in exactly the same place we've been since he was hired.

17. DaDakota

We need to have a US coach that knows our culture and builds the team based upon that.

A culture that is tough minded, and not afraid to take risks.

I liked Bradley but his pack it in approach was cowardly, we need to move it forward to advance as a soccer nation.

Attack, attack, attack.

DD

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Only a stupid coach would ask his team to do something they aren't capable of.

When the USA attacked, attacked, attacked, against Mexico in the 2011 Gold Cup final they took a lead 2-0 and kept the aggressive attack and proceeded to give up 4 goals leading to an eventual 4-2 loss. It cost Bradley his job.

But in 2009 Bradley's bend but don't break so we snatch a goal approach nearly won the US a Confeds Cup title.

A good coach looks at his player pool and fits a system and style around it. For this every reason, Klinsy is not a good coach because of his constant proclamations of style of play he desires. But he's a hypocrite too, constantly proclaiming his vision/style but reverting back to bunker tactics. He'll select weaker players because they can play possession style all the while forgetting the most important fact that they are weaker players. HELLO?!?!

I never thought US fans appreciated Bradley. He did more than Klinsy and Klinsy has a better MLS and tons of dual nationals to choose from.

19. leroy

US @ St. Vincent on right now on BeIn.

20. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Are BeIn cameras from the 90's?