1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Nov 13, 2015.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

MEX 0 - 0 HON
    halftime

FREAK just CrAzY injury for Houston Dynamo's and Honduran player Luis M. Garrido... broke leg... above the knee... just... ewww... :(

screenshot:
    :eek:

[​IMG]

Pic from game (more gruesome):
    [​IMG]

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Terrible injury, he can blame the ref and his own team for possibly ending his career.

3. SwoLy-D

Garrido's injury. :(

Gruesome.
    <iframe width="504" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N0ULtEgdGc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WTH? Why? Just a bad fall, man. :mad:

4. SwoLy-D

¡¡¡GOOOOOOOOOLAZOooOOoOOo!!!! J. Corona 67'

Honduras 0
    México 1

:cool:

5. SwoLy-D

¡¡¡GOOOOOLAZOooOOo!!!! J. Damm 70'

Honduras 0
    México 2

:eek:

6. ipaman

I swear the way you respond it's like you don't even watch the facking games man...

#26 ipaman, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I shouldn't have watched that.

For those that are wondering, the US game is on BeIn. Wish I had it...

8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ditto, anyone got a good stream?

9. SwoLy-D

What does it matter if I watch them or I don't watch them? Why BLAME people or even the ref for an injury? Why look to always make someone responsible for an unfortunate event like this? I don't answer or speak the way you do... what does this have to do with me? It was an accident, man. No one wanted for that to happen and no one was negligent.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Might be too late but the game is also on NBC Universo. in the 3000 channels on uverse.

11. leroy

Found it on there. 3009 on Uverse.

Many many missed chances. Should be winning this easily if Altidore and Zardes could finish.

Edit...finished 0-0. Always good to get points on the road but this should've been 3. Zardes hit the bar on what should've been an easy finish. Altidore choked on a cross that should've been an easy finish. The keeper got a thread of his glove on a Jones shot...just enough to redirect it into the bar.

4 points through 2 isn't bad and considering how they were playing previously, it's actually pretty good.

#31 leroy, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

welp. Should have started Bobby Wood with Jozy. When Jozy is the lone striker it seems like he disappears.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

USA in great shape to get through, win at home draw on the road and you win the group.

DD

14. ipaman

This post shows how wrong you are. Honduras did not come out to play football, they came out to kick and fight. In the end their player pushed Aquino from behind (drew the foul) right into Garrido's leg. Garrido's own dirty teammate who fouled Aquino put Garrido in that position. It WAS NOT an accident. An accident is during the run of normal play when a freak injury occurs. This was intentional dirty Honduran play and it back fired. Dirty football loses today and those stupid tactics might have ruined a young career in the process. Nothing the Hondurans did tonight was an accident. All part of their ****ty plan and it made for one of the most boring/ugliest games of football I've ever seen. That's NOT the way it should be played.

As for the ref, of course he is at blame because there should have been at least 4 yellows in the first half and there was 1. There should have been at least 1 red in the 2nd half and there was none, not even a yellow on the red play which was a scissors tackle from behind on Mexico's Jimenez. I'm a grade 7 USSF certified ref so I know, it's up to the ref to set the tone and control the game. He was ****.

15. SwoLy-D

The push from Crisanto wasn't even that bad to say it was for causing injury, man. Come on. Watch the video. There was a push, yes, but not to be blamed for such bad break for Garrido. NO WAY can you start inciting blame like that.

Just because you're a ref doesn't mean you should do that instigation and, I think it's all the more reason for you to stop asking for Garrido to blame people like that.

I've read the referee rules and though I'm grade nothing, I know not to start looking for people to blame.

16. SwoLy-D

:cool: Heads up:

Friday, March 25th, 2016 games:

Group A
    ESV vs HON (7pm San Salvador)
    CAN vs MEX (7pm Vancouver)

Group B
    JAM vs CRC (7pm Kingston)
    HAI vs PAN (7pm Port-Au-Prince)

Group C
    VIN vs TRI (3:30pm Port of Spain)
    GUA vs USA (8pm Columbus, OH)

17. desihooper

Supporting Member

USMNT roster was announced over the weekend:

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; WCQ Caps/Goals)
    GOALKEEPERS (4): David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa; 9/0), Tim Howard (Everton FC; 30/0), William Yarbrough (Club Leon; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (9): Ventura Alvarado (Club America; 0/0), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City; 8/0), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United; 0/0), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin; 0/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City; 15/1), Edgar Castillo (Monterrey; 4/0), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca; 8/0), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana; 4/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Sunderland; 0/0)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake; 6/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes FC; 3/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC; 26/5), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC; 3/0), Ethan Finlay (Columbus Crew SC; 0/0), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach; 11/1), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers FC; 2/0), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution; 0/0)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC; 28/12), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC; 34/13), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Bobby Wood (Union Berlin; 2/1), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy; 2/1)

And new kits
    [​IMG]

18. leroy

I think Morris would be here in place of Wondo had he not been placed on the Olympic Qualifying roster for the 2 game set against Colombia. At least, I'd like to think that.

Is it weird that I'm concerned about goalie? Guzan and Howard have had terrible years.

19. desihooper

Supporting Member

Also weird that neither Brooks nor Yedlin are on the Olympic Qualifying roster although they could get called in for the 2nd leg.

Wonder what kind of form Howard is in, Guzan hasn't lit it up by any means for AVFC. Need one of them to step up to be sure. Also, questions in midfield as to who will pair with Bradley and there is seemingly always a question as to who will score goals for the team....

20. leroy

Wood is in pretty fantastic form right now...which means he'll be the 4th option behind Dempsey (0 goals so far), Altidore (only 1 game played and 0 goals) and Wondo (3 games/3 goals).

I imagine the midfield will be made up of Bradley, Beckerman, Johnson, and Zardes.

EDIT: Forgot that Johnson recently injured his groin (and was called up anyway) and that Altidore is coming off yet another hamstring injury (and was called up anyway). I really don't understand what goes through the mind of Klinsmann.

#40 leroy, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016