1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 World Series Game 5 VS LA

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by seemoreroyals, Mar 28, 2018.

1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I am getting in the mood for some baseball by watching a replay of Game 5 of the WS against the Dodgers being rebroadcast on DTV. It is currently in the bottom of the 5th with the Astros behind 7-4. Keuchel has already been knocked out. Kershaw pitching for the Dodgers. It is a lot easier to watch this time around knowing that we are going to win the game and go on to win our first world series ever.

2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Just got to the part, bottom of the 5th where LA pulls Kershaw and brings in Kenta Maeda. Joe Buck goes on and on about the superiority of the LA bullpen fully expecting Altuve to be shut down. He promptly crushes a 3-2 pitch over the left center field wall for a 3 run home run to tie the game. What a game. I am glad I decided to watch it again without all the pressure.

Joshfast likes this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Didn’t realize how bad a decision that bunt attempt was by the Dodgers in the 7th…. just horrible.

Joshfast likes this.
  4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I have it on a little tape delay. I am still watching bottom of the 6th. Will be sure to look for that bunt when the 7th gets here. I have forgotten many of the things that happened in this game.

5. conquistador#11

come on, my friendos. use spoiler tags!

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m feeling good about this one.

desihooper likes this.
  7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Finally got to the bunt in the 7th. That was a damn good play by Peacock. And speaking of bad decisions just after that Springer dives for the ball that gets by him and goes all the way to the wall for a triple that I am sure he would like to have back giving LA a 8-7 lead. If memory is correct he makes up for it a little later on. He makes Joe Buck happy for the time being anyway.

8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Me too. Like the way Peacock got out of the top of the 7th without further damage.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And the decision to use Morrow for the 3rd straight day is basically what cost them the game... he was throwing batting practice in the 7th.

10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I had forgot how soon Springer made up for his mistake. Ist pitch crushed for a game tying HR. Love the way the Stros are dismantling the Dodgers vastly superior bullpen.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Will freakin Harris!

12. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Just got to the point where Correa hits the 2 run 1st row Crawford Box home run for a 11-8 lead that I remember at the time I thought would be enough.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

McCann added so much confidence and professionalism to this club.

14. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Our normal relief pitchers pretty well sucked the entire world series. I am hoping some of the additions we made during the off season will help. As for Harris and Giles they may have Brad Lidge syndrome the rest of their life. Their tendency to not be able to perform on the big stage put a lot of extra pressure on our pitching staff.

mick fry likes this.
  15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

where can one download the game? Only torrent i found is slow with few seeds

16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Hoping Devinski as well does not succumb to Lidge syndrome. That was an ugly ninth inning for him. As for where to download this game I have no idea. I am watching it on directtv.

17. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

His home run would turn out to be huge. You have to give LA credit. They got a lot of timely hits when they needed them. I can't believe early in the game Smoltz had the nerve to say that this was not a classic world series game. If it is not the best WS game it has to be up there with the best of them. And game 2 as well.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

The best playoff run to win the World Series ever.

19. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Finally caught up. Damn this is a long game. Just in time for Bregman to come through to win the game 13-12.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Not sure if you knew but these games are available on YouTube.

rockets1995 and kaleidosky like this.