1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Brett is pretty hopeful when analyzing. Smart kid though.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He didn't have many bad throws other than the INT. They weren't all perfect, but none were horrible or even bad.

He must've learned some footwork and mechanics quickly.

3. tmacfor35

Bobbythegreat said:
    Hopefully this looks different next pre-season. I'm not expecting Watson to ever be the best QB from this class, but it would be nice if he was top 3 by next season. Didn't take long to cross out that expectation.
    Bobbythegreat

Kendrick Lamar said:
    Leave it to Houston to draft the worst of the rookie qbs in round 1.
    This dude won't pan out. But do you feel like that today?

RudyT43 said:I am not sold one bit on Deshaun being "the guy" moving forward. So how do you feel now?

Mr. Clutch said:Why do you use two first round picks for a QB who can't throw the ball good? Sigh. Why did we use two first round picks on him?
    Mr. Clutch said:No one is saying Savage is any good either. We may have two QBs worse than Brock Osweiler.
    Mr. Clutch said:I just can't get passionate about defending either guy. They just don't have the ability to succeed. You might lack quality football knowledge.

Bennie Anders said:You trailer-trash are so ignorant you looked at film of Watson's entire college career, when he had no accuracy and regularly almost led the NCAA in interceptions per pass attempt. But you Cletuses went "woo hoo" when Rick Smith again showed he has no competence with first-round offense picks. Thoughts?

Texian said: Drops his eyes after first read/feeling pressure, tucks and runs.
    We drafted a really, really nice Johnny Manziel. I'm unsure if this is a compliment or not, but I don't like it.

@Bobbythegreat
    @Kendrick Lamar
    @RudyT43
    @Mr. Clutch
    @Bennie Anders

[​IMG]

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, I wasn't knocking him, just saying that he can make a persuasive case for anything.

Yeah, I know, he had a very good game, I was just pointing out an example of when things don't go well.

It doesn't take long at all to learn the right things to do, it takes a long time to drill them into your head to where they are second nature. Even though he put together a good game that is very encouraging, I don't think we should be busting out the "Mission Accomplished" signs just yet. I want to see him build on this good game and not have a relapse back into bad habits as the season goes on.

macho GRANDE and Nook like this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Based on college performance, questions about accuracy were nonsense

Two Sandwiches and macho GRANDE like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's when you start showing the receipts is when a thread crosses into another tier.

[​IMG]

8. Malaya

Malaya Member

He will. Next game.

I think he learned something valuable yesterday. Trust your instincts.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bobby DID say that Watson won't be good this season and stated that he had a LONG way to go and a LOT of work to do in order to be an Alex Smith level QB at some point in the future. That comparison alone was insulting to Watson. Alex Smith was horrible his first 3 seasons in the NFL. Watson in his 2nd start has already played better than Alex Smith did in any game his rookie season.

Even though Bobby never said that Watson won't ever be good, he set his NFL ceiling pretty low and stressed how difficult it would be for Watson to ever achieve that fairly low bar.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just for those who don't really know what's going on in the NFL

Alex Smith 7TD 0 INT 132.7 QB rating 258 yards per game

Cheifs undefeated with the 3rd most potent offense in the NFL

Carry on.

11. tmacfor35

They have yet to play a good defense in my opinion. I do like Alex Smith as a QB though. Hes been underrated.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A fair point, I was just showing that a QB being compared to Alex Smith wasn't an insult.....then again, I don't think that people who know about football would have thought it was to begin with, I just had to spell it out for those who don't know football.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The great thing is he seems to be getting better. I'm honestly excited to watch the QB play. Freaking making video game moves out there and looking more comfortable passing

macho GRANDE likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Such an insecure man you are. Nobody knows football but bobbay. We are not worthy. We are not worthy.

You brought up Alex Smith insinuating that Watson would hope to become a game manager at best. Alex Smith is playing better than a game manager atm. They're airing it out way more than year's past. Remember when he didn't throw a TD for like a whole season to a wide-out? I do.

Clever spin. We don't believe you. You need more people.

15. tmacfor35

Andy Reid's playbook is bezerk at this point. He truly runs a college offense in the NFL.
    Has to be the hardest offense to game plan for in the league.

Luckily, I think the Texans front 7 can give them issues.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Alex Smith's body of work is mediocre. It took him a LONG time to become above average. Bobby didn't say that Watson can become Alex Smiths career best year. He said he can become Alex Smith, which consists of many middling seasons, some really bad seasons, and maybe a couple of career years if you count 3 games this year.

sammy likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This.

sammy likes this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Pssh, still lacks arm velocity.... NEXT!

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lol really?

He’s having a career year through the first three games. You didn’t know he was going to play like that.

Lol does make your comparison better though huh

sammy likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That first video where he breaks about 5 tackles and still has the arm strength and accuracy to hit Foreman was just amazing. Vick, Cunningham, and possibly Steve Young only qbs ever would be athletic enough to make that play.