1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I saw recently he hits on a pace that would put him top 1/3 in the league. He's better than average with the draft and ufa's.

Chanmarr likes this.
  2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

better defenses- you are serious - the guy threw some beatiful touchdown passes. What else do you want.
    can you admit hes legit

Chanmarr likes this.
  3. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

dont worry - if you are a real Texans Fan- you can see that the kid is legit.. He beat the bengals with basically only 1 receiver and no tight ends. he went toe to toe with the defending champs in their stadium. Im just glad hes on our team

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Don't know what some of you want out of Bobby. He's admitted that he's excited about Watson now. He looked great yesterday, but plenty of players have looked good before there's more tape out there and their weaknesses get exposed. Nothing wrong with a wait and see approach to claiming he's the next great QB in the league.

Watson looked outstanding for the majority of the game yesterday, and no one here is acting like that isn't an encouraging sign of things to come.

5. showa13

showa13 Member

In his own Bobby way he essentially admitted he misjudged it, but people here want him to outright say he was wrong. I’m satisfied but I also don’t hate Bobby like many on here do.

As to Watson, I’ve rewatched the game and a lot of the issues he was having with footwork and accuracy, it’s kind of unreal how fast he fixed a good portion of it. His footwork slipped up a few times, especially that INT that was truly a terrible pass/decision. But after that it was very clean. Like it’s crazy how cleaned up his footwork got in 10 days. His deep ball accuracy was night and day as he was on target more often than not. His pocket presence was Rodgeresque yesterday as well as he stepped into it more and made some great throws along with his master evading skills. He’s still staring down receivers too much, like most of the time but he made better throws today so it didn’t hurt as much. When he did look off the safety he threw TD passes so he’s def improving on that front. And intangibles, it was beaten to the ground about him but I mean he just keeps showing them off. His ability to respond after each Patriots TD, he was the reason this game was close.

And let’s not forget, he’s barely 22, this was his 2nd start, against the defending champs and a coach who doesn’t lose to rookie QBs. And he did all he could to put the Texans in a position to win, and they should’ve won this game. He’s not close to where he could be as a QB, and that should excite the hell out of everyone. He has it.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Man, I think Fuller will be great for Watson. Fuller getting open late on long developing routes, or finding open space when Watson buys time and escapes the pocket...

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

On the first interception, was that a miscommunication on the route? what happened there. Honestly that was the only negative I saw from him.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He got hit as he threw.

Plain and simple, bad throw/decision in the heat of the moment.

pgabriel likes this.
  10. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I don't know if it was a miscommunication but he definitely threw off his back foot. Big no no in the NFL.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If only he'd had the guts to audible out of that 3rd and 1 call. :)

Nook and macho GRANDE like this.
  14. tmacfor35

Cam Newton won an MVP doing that the whole year.

15. tmacfor35

Man.....I think BoB is going to get to the point of trusting Watson enough to allow him to do it.

This is the first QB I think BOB is going to let it loose with.

16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Great story but that makes it okay? You want him doing that every play? Yeah that's what I thought.

Don't get hyper-defensive at the slightest criticism towards Watson. You are going to burn yourself out. He played great yesterday but that was a bad throw.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

'He look okay'.

Does excellent extending plays and avoiding the rush and throwing well enough so far.

Hope he stays healthy. He has a way of avoiding big hits, so hoping that continues.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  18. tmacfor35

I'm not being defensive. I'm just pointing out that some guys can be successful doing that.

Aaron Rodgers is another guy who throws a back foot ball quite often.

I'd prefer he not do it, hence the first pick.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Watson has a history of making Bobby look foolish. Last year Bobby said there was NO WAY Watson would throw for 400 yards back to back against Bama...

When Bobby starts thinking that Watson is good, that's when I'll get worried. When it comes to Watson, Bobby is pretty much Pancakes level, where everything he says, the opposite ends up happening.

Htownballer38 and T for 3 like this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I've never been unfair to Watson, why would I start now? That was an absolutely amazing throw perfectly between 2 defenders down the field. Anyone who can't credit Watson for that one is selling something.