1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 "Harden why u do dis" Breh Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, May 31, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nah, wouldn't be fair to change it in the middle of the draft. But I'd appreciate if everyone at least explains their votes from now on, instead of just saying a name.

2. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

jmc
    Coach: Gregg Popovich

Pg Mike Bibby/Eric Bledsoe
    Sg Dwayne Wade/ Byron Scott
    Sf Tayshuan Prince/Corey Maggette
    Pf Tim Duncan/ Donyell Marshall
    C Rudy Gobert/Jusuf Nurkic

Horry33
    Coach: Phil Jackson

Mike Conley
    Kobe Bryant
    Scottie Pippen
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Hassan Whiteside

Jason Williams
    Steve Kerr
    Wesley Matthews
    Jae Crowder
    Danillo Gallinari

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

we throwing fisticuffs or na?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol I call deja vu on both.....

Bibby vs Conley
    Wade vs KB
    Prince vs Pippen
    Duncan vs KAT
    Gobert vs Whiteside

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah, I watch the Draft instead. hehe

LCAhmed likes this.
  6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't really understand the Redick move tbh, he will have to guard a quick point guard.

Also you don't seem to gain anything offensively. I mean, I think Redick is overall a better player than Beverly. But I think you really need a secondary ball handler. I think you need more ball handling, not less.

Gerald Wallace was a below average ball handler for a SF and Ibaka/Mutombo aren't ball handlers. Now you say Redick will be running around off screens waiting for a pass, so that means Jordan is pretty much ball handling full time. That's even harder for Jordan than it was.

I think a team needs a good point guard / multiple ball handlers, good passers to make such offensive system work.

I think your team has identity of a very high energy defensive team. Going all in with energy and defense. Kind of like Van Gundy Knicks or Iverson 76ers. Beverley is a high energy guy and a fine defender, he seems to fit in. I don't see a reason to start Redick especially when the matchup is Shroder, a quick point guard.

As for team CPU, I think they want to have a good defender on Jordan, so they will go small.

Mutombo/Ibaka/Wallace may take advantage of CPU lack of size, or maybe they won't, they weren't good post up players. Team CPU lineup for this matchup will look like this:

g Dennis Schroder
    g Tony Allen
    f James Harden
    f Kevin Durant
    c Tyson Chandler

bench:
    Jose Calderon
    Sarunas Marciulionis
    Demarre Carroll
    Luis Scola
    Kendrick Perkins

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Got a huge azz thunderstorm this afternoon and evening, don't want to endanger my computer haha.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

oh yeah, i hear thunderstorms are moving here too. looks nice right now but we are told not to leave our windows open or we might lose them tonight.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's kind of my biggest issue with me losing and it is harmful to future drafts imo. It's MJ surrounded with no ball handlers or real scorers.

Guys really think that kind of squad wins vs a team that has the best perimeter defenders of all time solely focusing on MJ plus Payton and Bird going against Hinrich and Ibaka. I had the best matchup possible in a MJ scenario, if people really see me losing 1-5, there's honestly no way any MJ team realistically ever loses in these drafts. I don't even want to see what kind of team wins vs lwqbulb in later rounds here, it would make absolutely no sense given that he won this matchup vs me.

Seeing how people treat MJ like an absolute demi-god here, we should think about not having him in future drafts, it makes people completely biased and not actually look at the rest of the roster.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's watch the Draft and enjoy ourselves!

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You mean watch Germany-Chile right now.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will pack the paint against Jontro and couple of guys will go to the perimeter.

Focus on McHale and Hayward and I dun let Majical Johnson penetrate too much.

I'll dare Rubio, Booker, Nene, Barnes, Parsons, Mirotic beat me with jumpshots, make them jumpshooters.

I want to see Wicky Wubio shoot like Larry Bird!! Mauri still be interested.

On Offense:

I want to use the tactic of the 2nd WW Blitz war attacks and attack his Defenses when they are not set.

Jerry West, Bradley, JR Rider, Kenny, Dennis Scott and Van Horn, attack with no mercy!

I could go smaller at times (15 minutes)

2 main ball handlers at the same time Jerry West and Kenny Smith
    Giannis and Hakeem will facilitate down low

I go small and I still got two almost 7fters or 6'11 guarding paint and perimeter. And have Nater fresh off the bench to rebound the misses.

Go small:
    Kenny Smith/Jerry West
    Jerry West/Isaiah Rider
    Bradley Beal/Dennis Scott/Van Horn
    Giannis Antetokounmpo/Porzingis
    Hakeem/Nater

Normal:
    West
    Beal
    Giannis
    Porzingis
    Hakeem

#1152 daywalker02, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  13. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I vote yung T

14. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I checked and Jordan didn't win in the last few drafts though so he is not so godlike as you all thought. And if cpu team is going small I believe Steve ker will make adjustments too and the lineup in the game most of the time will be like this:

PG: Beverly
    SG: Redick
    SF: Jordan
    PF: Wallace
    C: Mutumbo

Wallace at 4 is doable as he is a strong reobounder. He avg a double double Rebound and points during his all star season. It will come down to which coach who will make the adjustment first and Steve ker winning championships and 72 games is no fluke.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thx but Yung T already called his own defeat.

16. Jmcballer88

No he is tied

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Jmcballer88

This is disrespectful Im ashamed of all of you

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

but jontro will order operation 'sweep the leg' on giannis. let chandsome do that because he a douche in real life.

and then the monstars will come and take the powers away from the rest of daywalker's players until they become walking vegetables. probably lose a couple due to hakeem goating like cray. but ultimately a 4-2 sweep.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha I will call Muggsy Bogues and Shawn Bradley.