1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is the situation is not one sided.... come on, man.

There is a genuine Sino German packaged deal and friendship...... the thing is Merkel won't be caring about details but she made the deal and the DFB.

Merkel wants trade partnership, it aint that easy. You give them a football drill but they give you money in terms of trades in other areas back. That's how it works.

But recently smaller officials have been speaking, if they want the Packaged Deal to be annulled, Merkel hersel or the DFB honcho should come out and make an official statement.

Because you as citizen dun like it or I dun like it, Merkel isn't going to give up that deal. I can be wrong of course.

#861 daywalker02, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Another thing is, the situation isn't a big thing but it came into the media's focus unfortunately.

I counted a group of 5 people and half of them were white local people not even of Tibetan descent.

I think the Chinese players just refused to play and just 1 or 2 fans argued with them. What was the big deal actually?

The representatives and media made a spectacle out of nothing. Just my 2 cents.

And then the Chin. Football Association just re-arranged the rest of the matches.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The big deal was them refusing to play for half an hour, the Chinese government afterwards telling Germany to stop supporting "terrorist" propaganda and demanding changes.
    They're guests here and have no business interfering with German freedom of speech and laws, as Raz said.
    PS: You mentioned German car manufacturers operating in China, they would never have the balls to make political demands when it comes to China and threaten to stop production otherwise. China is clearly overstepping boundaries in a one-sided manner.

#863 Yung-T, Nov 25, 2017
    AroundTheWorld and Raz like this.
  4. Raz

Raz Member

To me, the situation is clear: If the Chinese want to come here and give their players better workouts than they could have at home - cool, especially if it helps our smaller clubs financially. But that doesn't mean we're gonna give up basic human rights or allow foreign governments to tell us how to do things. Our country, our rules. If China is not cool with that, good luck somewhere else. What am I missing?

Merkel has other things to worry about right now. But even if it's on her agenda, what should she do? Ban protests? Not gonna happen. The trade deals are just as important for the Chinese side as for the German, so even if they cancel the football deal, they won't kill any other trade deals.

The one thing I can think of now is playing the games with no audience, but then you'll see even more protesters around the stadium and more teams refusing to play the Chinese.

There was no arguing and the players weren't involved at all. It was a Chinese official who handled the situation terribly by telling his players to leave the court because of the flag. they didn't do it on their own behalf. The protesters were completely peaceful, no chanting or yelling, just the flag. Like I wrote: The media wouldn't even care if the Chinese just continued playing.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://www.dw.com/zh/中国u20德国首秀失利-比赛因藏独抗议中断/a-41438997?&zhongwen=simp

Deutsche Welle, Chin. Edition.

Also the German players argued with them. Oh yeah, there was argument.

Let's just say there is no way to make it away peacefully.

East Asian law and mind does not work like German minds. People dun care about laws and freedom of speech on a soccer pitch.

Dalai Lama is not Tibet, there are enough Tibetans living peacefully in China, who chose not to go to exile.

Keeping peace is an important essence, separatism does nothing.

It is just 1 FAMILY WITH FRIENDS doing this. If it's acceptable as you say, then why should it be NEWS?

Nothing really happened.

#865 daywalker02, Nov 25, 2017
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it's no big deal. It's a sensitive matter for China but Germany should not be pissed. Your law should be followed.

But it can be followed with angry faces as well. Can't make everyone content and satisfied.

I dun get why this is a big deal as the media made it out to be.

The Chinese go to a country with less Tibetan supporters.

Why do guests have no freedom all of a sudden?!!! They have the right to leave the game.

I dun get this dichotomy or this ambivalence.

Getting better at football should and must be the key at all legal and possible cost.

If you love the Tibetan folk and their culture, that's totally fine.

#866 daywalker02, Nov 25, 2017
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everyone should save their face and get on with soccer that is all.

Alright, the 'terrorist' name calling is a bit drastic but politicians can be drastic. They should talk it through during a meeting.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

But this isn't about "angry faces" or China just not being satisfied, the government openly DEMANDED that the league would prevent further Tibetan flags/protests, which directly interferes with German laws.

It's not about Tibet, any group could do this and we'd be pissed if a foreign government, especially one that itself has extremely questionable human rights policies, told us to directly screw our laws for the sake of their pride.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get your sentiment and your vow to follow law to the last syllable.

It's really just two goverments having 'culture shock' level of misunderstanding.

Yup, it aint good having government and Football associations under one roof, should be separated. Watch Peru for example, their new government might add the soccer bodies under their governance and FIFA is thinking about a possible suspension and even WC could be in danger.

We will see what happens next. I just dun want further escalations.

#869 daywalker02, Nov 25, 2017
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kind of ironic, when FIFA itself is completely dominated by politics and shady contracts with government figures. Guess they don't want governments preventing FIFA's behind the door deals.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, well another bedtime story at another time.

The whole U 20 games against German 4th or 5th division teams is marginally helpful at best. It should be viewed as sparring games nothing more.

I dun even recognize any of the players, on both sides.

They have opened a Youth Center in Prague with aid of Slavia Prague.

There will probably one in Spain and maybe Germany (doubtful).

12. Raz

Raz Member

You're right, I meant there was no argument from the protesters. The German players probably don't know anything about it and just wanted the game to continue.

Chinese and German football association should've handled this better from scratch. I especially blame the German side, because - like I wrote - they should've seen that coming and discuss it with the Chinese delegation beforehand.

Anyway, let's get back to what this thread should be about. Dortmund vs Schalke up now, a lot on the line.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I follow up with soccer news.

Messi officially re-signed till 2021.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah sure, last time I checked, The Tibetan Football association exists, obviously they did not went to their games to support.

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibet_national_football_team

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So many games to watch today, BVB-Schalke should be a good one for now.
    Bosz's lineup is pretty funny, could backfire like hell.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Oye it's turnin into BVB day.

17. Raz

Raz Member

3-0 after 20min. Dislike both teams, but the intensity is always great.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ouch. Go Burgstaller! Go.

19. Raz

Raz Member

4-0 at halftime. Nobody saw that coming. On the positive side, Bosz will still be the coach when BVB plays Bayern in the cup in four weeks.

20. Raz

Raz Member

2-4 Schalke. Please make it happen...

Yung-T likes this.