1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jan 20, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cavs are an elite team, I mean they are at least top 4 after GSW, Houston and probably the Spurs.

Nobody is saying they are gonna be the champions with these roster changes but they are a lock for another Finals appearance whereas before they were in danger of not even making the playoffs (losing like 8-9 games or something).

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

People talking up the win over the Celtics.........................it wasn't that impressive, Boston are out of form and have won just 6 of the past 14 games

BigShasta and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was not sold on the Celtics when they needed to cheat to beat us
    I am listening to people prop them up when they barely beating alot of teams
    if not just losing
    but
    they want to whine when we 'only' beat the Mavericks by 7

Rocket River

BigShasta and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Keep sleeping on the raptors. They blew out the celtics too. Celtics are not good right now.

Raptors will win the east.

raptorsguy and BigShasta like this.
  5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

The Cavs become much better when all of the bums are replaced by good players? Who would have guessed?

6. Daddy Long Legs

We are like espn. Obsessed with talking cavs while pretending like teams like the raptors don’t exist.

Maybe the general public is the cause of BSPNs chitty coverage. Maybe they are right when they say most nba fans just want to hear warriors/lebron talk.

raptorsguy and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. BackdoorHarden

CAVS are back@

CAVS vs Rockets finals

BigShasta likes this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Didn’t say Top Tier (Rockets / Warriors)

But I’ll put them top 4. It will take a month to gel but the players they traded for are very good. I think all 4 can start on any team in the NBA. I’m actually rooting for Lebron to come out the East.

Pistons did one player change and yeah it helps but that’s not on the same level.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well Lebron was also playing bad. Since he is no longer the GM maybe he was playing bad to get those guys traded.

10. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Ding! Ding! Ding!

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm sick of hearing about the Cavs all the time, but they're gonna win the East barring injury. The Raptors are terrific this season, but they always manage to disappoint in the playoffs.

12. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

Cavs definitely seem more deadly after the trade, and am a little worried about the raptors as well, they always seem to have an edge over the rockets during regular season.

Credit to lakers for trading 2 impact players to the cavs just for a chance to sign lebron next year, honestly like they didn’t realize if the cavs improve a lot lebron might reconsider jumping ship next year, way to gamble... I have a feeling it’s going to backfire on them

BigO likes this.
  13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I was impressed with the W. 4 new guys, no practices, playing on the road at TD on PP jersey retirement night when the energy for the Celts would be unreal and they not only get the W but crush the Celts. They got help on D with Hill and Clarkson over IT and DRose who could stop no one and Nance is the shot blocker Frye isn't. Hood gets them another athletic shooter. The chemistry also seems there judging by how they were celebrating on the bench. Cedi Osman is a marginal NBA player, I don't care what JVG and MJ say about him, he goes back to the bench when KLove gets back and the Cavs get better.

14. Daddy Long Legs

I disagree. Im giving them a very realistic chance. Dig a little deeper and you’ll see that this team is different than past teams. They’ve never held the 1 seed at this point in the season and never been top 5 in offense and defense.

Rockets fans here that beg for respect from the media and the national nba audience are giving the raptors the same treatment. Most fans on reddit say “rockets disappoint in playoffs every year and barring injury the warriors are easily gonna win the west”

ESPN isnt the problem, its the NBA fanbase thats the problem. We are obsessed with warriors/cavs(lebron) talk and don’t care about other teams. We become close minded and label anyone that didnt win the championship a “choker”

Rocket River, SWTsig and raptorsguy like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he totally hamstrung the team
    Dan Gilbert tried to act on his own . . . LeBron showed him he was not free to do things without LeBron's blessing

Rocket River

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

And this is different from the rockets how exactly?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

The Raptors didn’t add Chris Paul in the off-season? I dunno ...

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

one team stayed exactly the same. the other didn't

19. ballscientist1

DeShawn Stevenson called LeBron overrated.

Are last year's Cavs a better team than Rockets?

Are new Cavs a younger and better team than Rockets?

Do new Cavs have a better chance to win the conference than Rockets?

Will LeBron sign a supermax contract with Rockets this summer?

Sign and Trade is not working because Dan Gilbert does not want to.

20. Daddy Long Legs

How do you feel about it