1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Qualifying Offer Decisions

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

XFIP does not look at HR rate which is what Gallardo has been able to limit. Not as familiar with Siera. I highly doubt Fister can maintain that ERA without some peripheral improving.

2. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

And a couple of miles per hour in his fastball

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

xFIP normalizes the HR/FB ratio (not HR rate), which was significantly down for Gallardo last year, but that hasn't been the norm for him.

SIERA is supposedly more predictive than xFIP, which is more predictive than FIP, which is clearly more predictive than ERA.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd like too retain Rasmus, Fister, Valbuena & Castro on 2-3 yr deals.

I believe in the idea that teams that stay together and learn to win throughout the minors and develop that chemistry is the best formula for winning World Series' like KC from last season and SF's succes.

Astros have very little in the pipeline at C. Castro's play calling and D are the value. He is a veteran leader on the team.

Rasmus & Fister are really no doubters.

Valbuena probably becomes a bench guy with Bregmann's promotion imminent and Moran, who could develop into an above average player. Valbuena's D, power and showing he can hit for average now. Valbuena could be a .275 10-15 hr guy off the bench. Valbuena and Marwin off the bench could compare with any reserves in the league talent wise.

Feldman's been worth the contract but this might be his final season. Devenski, Feliz & Brady Rodgers getting close.

5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

If I had to guess, I'd predict they bring in or resign 1 veteran OF (whether that's Gomez, Rasmus, a free agent, or a trade acquisition). That would leave 1 everyday OF spot, the DH, a backup corner infielder (or DH platoon partner), and 4th OF open for competition in the spring between these guys:

Tucker
    Singleton
    Kemp
    Marisnick
    Moran
    White
    Duffy
    Fisher
    Teoscar
    Aplin
    Kemmer
    Worth

I would go with a Tucker/white platoon at DH, with a Marisnick/Kemp platoon in the OF. Moran would be the opening day 3B until super two passes and they can promote Bregman.