1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 POST SEASON DEBACLE FANTASY DRAFT SUPER BREHS ALRIGHT!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LCAhmed, May 11, 2015.

?

Which Type of Draft

1. Current (2014-15 min 30 games played)

41.7%
  2. All Time Draft

16.7%
  3. 90s Draft

33.3%
  4. 80s Draft

33.3%
  5. All time International Players who played in the NBA only

8.3%
  6. Other

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Let's go back to the Dolph Schayes era

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's too powerful and would create a black hole. Dolph and Brian Cook are forbidden for eternity.

1 person likes this.
  3. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Effin Dolph Shayes

I had Clyde Drexler, Dr. j, Hakeem, Walt Frazier, w. unseld, Earl Monroe and Chris Mullin but all anybody will remember is the 8th man Dolph freaking Shayes

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think that with those AS game restrictions, teams won't become super powerful like in normal all-time drafts. If we have like 20 or even 30 AS game restriction, it means that most superstars won't even get picked. Like, Kareem alone is at 19 AS games. The AS game thing is much more limiting than decade restrictions.

Actually, I'd prefer to keep it more simple and not have to pick specific year for everyone. Maybe we could just simply pick anyone who played in 1980 or later, and judge his prime, not specific year. That would let people pick Walton (he played in 80s too) and many other major 1970s players.

The thing with specific years, who really knows how a certain player looked in 1982 compared to 1977 or 1986. People maybe have seen some old games and they have an impression of how good a certain player was in his prime, but specific years can get tricky. People can look at stats, but stats don't always tell the whole picture. Not so long ago, we had a debate where some people believed that Marc Gasol was great in 2010, others not, and that's just 5 years ago.

I think it would be simpler to draft if we took primes, and simpler to judge too. We kind of have a problem with judging, people often shy away from it, so I think if it gets too complicated, people might get even more silent during voting.

I like the overall idea a lot though. Basically I'd keep everything as it is, but instead of specific years for everyone, we could just name a decade for 3 players (one for 1980s, one for 1990s, one for 2000s), everyone else is simply prime. Each team can only have 1 player who was an all star in 2010s (2010-11 or later).

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Hey, my best ever team lost because people thought that Durant wasn't as good as Grant Hill, and Shaq was a low 1st round talent.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Alright, I like that. I think that solves most (if not all) of the problems with my proposal.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I still think that team lacked proper defense and shooting, except for Mullin everyone demands the ball. Except for Mullin, most of these guys are more or less slashers that want to take it inside, I really don't see them constantly having the space needed or the guys outside consistently knocking down 3s at a good level.

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Dolph ain't no Nate Robinson :grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

My team of John wall Jimmy butler Nic Batum Anthony Davis Roy hibbert lost. smh

10. Jamers

Jamers Member

my team of goran dragic, wade, deng, millsap and big couz lost smh.... :grin:

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

You had a Miami heat team with a lesser PF and a better center and made it to the finals.

Dragic
    Wade
    Deng
    Bosh
    Whiteside

Didnt make it into the playoffs,but....

Dragic
    Wade
    Deng
    Millsap
    Cousins

took it to the finals?

Clutchfans logic.

12. Jamers

Jamers Member

Adding arguably the best Center last season wouldn't hurt.. and they only got Dragic AFTER the trade deadline.. do you really think they can't make the playoffs with healthy Chris Bosh? :grin:

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I'm not trying to step on toes, agree to disagree

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

So, when are we doing the new draft (if at all)?

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm on my mobile and going to bed now, one of the brehs could start a thread.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Ok, I'll start the thread in a min. (But I won't do much else. :p)

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Actually, got busy for now, I'll do it in an hour or so.