1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 POST SEASON DEBACLE FANTASY DRAFT SUPER BREHS ALRIGHT!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LCAhmed, May 11, 2015.

?

Which Type of Draft

1. Current (2014-15 min 30 games played)

41.7%
  2. All Time Draft

16.7%
  3. 90s Draft

33.3%
  4. 80s Draft

33.3%
  5. All time International Players who played in the NBA only

8.3%
  6. Other

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jamers

Jamers Member

you... da_juice... just destroyed my ultimate dream of having 3 consecutive championships.. you failed me.. *runs away crying*

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I have never gotten to the finals

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Hehe. Still a GOAT run.

4. Jamers

Jamers Member

^thread in hangout

wow man.. my parents left me for a little over month when i was 10 years old .. this is pure BS...

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I thought the 3 peat was sure to happen. Da juice saves us all

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Glad I could help.

I had another idea for a draft that should make it a lot harder. You draft an eight man rotation from a pool ranging from 1980-2015 with the following rules/limits:
    - You must have at least one player from each decade (with 2010-2015 being considered one decade).
    - You are limited to a certain number of total all star appearances on your team. For instance, if the limit is 20 and you were to pick Kareem Abdul Jabbar, the remaining seven players on your team may have only one all star appearance between them.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Very good ideas.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

The only thing we might have to adjust for is the guys this decade, who have played in a lot less all star games than their skill level accounts for. For instance, guys like Davis, Harden, Durant don't have as many all star appearances because they've only been in the league for five or six years. That could skew the balance of teams and unnecessarily force guys to draft younger, modern guys. We'd either have to ditch the current decade, or do some weird metric that adjusts for current players.

1 person likes this.
  9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I like this idea a lot.

1 person likes this.
  10. da_juice

da_juice Member

So, my proposal is this:
    - The pool of draftable players is anyone that has played in at least one NBA game from the 1980 season to now.
    - Pick 8 players.
    - Must have at least one player from every decade.
    - In addition, you may only have one player from the 2010-2015 season (this is to prevent teams from circumventing the all star limit rule by only picking young guys).
    - There is a limit (to be set and agreed upon by all participants) of how many cumulative all star appearances each team may have.
    - Team managers choose what year the player is from for the purposes of fulfilling the above rules. For instance, Lebron James could be considered either a player from this decade or the previous one. If a manager would to use Lebron from the year 2006, Lebron's skills and stats would be at the level it was at '06, and James would be considered a player from the 2000s.

I think that covers most of it. We'll vote on the winners like last time I suppose. What number do you guys think we should set for the all star appearances? Personally, I think the lower twenties is the absolute highest it should be.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This is great! I love the idea, I'm just not sure guys will wanna do all that homework, also judging will be biased based on timeframe since some people may not have seen the 80s or 90s players and think that there were only like 20 great players from the 80s and 90s combined. But hey, I'm down if participation rate goes way up. These things used to go 100+ pages and have trades, now it's lucky to break 40 pages and have 1 trade total.

12. Jmcballer88

I like it minus the all star thing

13. Jmcballer88

My knowledge of past decades is based on mostly all star players.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

The only reason I put in the all-star rule limit is because it prevents everyone from having ridiculously stacked teams - since we'd have multiple decades worth of superstars to choose from. I would imagine most of us have a limited knowledge of guys from the '80s and '90s, but if we set the all-star appearance limit to a good enough number, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

da_juice is the super breh.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

:cool::) You guys are too much.

1 person likes this.
  17. thething

thething Contributing Member

We can't go back to 1977? Bill Walton would be such a perfect first pick with only 2 all-star appearances with MVP level performance. Calvin Murphy becomes pickable too.

1 person likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There definitely are some cool 70s players, I agree. Maybe make the 80s-2k15 picks mandatory and the 70s one voluntary.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Adding the 70s waters things down.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

I didn't include the '70s because I figured most of us wouldn't know most players, and because the merger only occurred about halfway through the decade, and the three point line wasn't introduced until 1980. So the '70s, at least to me, isn't anywhere close to the modern NBA as far as play style and stuff goes.

But what does everyone else think? I'd be willing to let people pick from the '70s without making it mandatory, however I am a bit worried- like Maloe said- that it might make the teams too powerful.