1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 POST SEASON DEBACLE FANTASY DRAFT SUPER BREHS ALRIGHT!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LCAhmed, May 11, 2015.

?

Which Type of Draft

1. Current (2014-15 min 30 games played)

41.7%
  2. All Time Draft

16.7%
  3. 90s Draft

33.3%
  4. 80s Draft

33.3%
  5. All time International Players who played in the NBA only

8.3%
  6. Other

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I wanted to check something on synergy, but it seems I don't have the link anymore to that page where you can search some of their player stats. Anyone has that link?

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Actually, nvm. Looks like nba.com has similar stats.

3. thething

thething Contributing Member

I can't pick against the team with Lebron unless he has no talent around him. Like this finals Cavs team I am picking the Warriors to win.

The only problem I have with Rednation's team is that I think Vucevic should start over Mozgov.

Other than Lebron, I think Jamers is better at every other position besides backup center. I don't see any problems with spacing--all his guys can shoot. It doesn't matter if they're not great at 3's.

So I pick the team with Lebron.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

3-3, let's let game 7 be decided on whether LeBron leads his team of scrubs and wins the championship.

5. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

If my team can't stop Lebron with team defenders such as then khawi, shumpert, ibaka, and Deandre then I don't know how a Lebron team can ever lose.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Is that a vote or sarcasm? I can't tell, so I won't count for now.

7. Jamers

Jamers Member

i just realize dfb didn't vote even once in my favor.. can i start a DFB fraud club?

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Interesting club. I have a couple friends who would like to join its voting panel. They've only registered today, names are minipumpkin and 123pacers.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I still love you breh. Pro bono

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Dfb...

With rumors of scola coming back, I'm curious as to how effective he was last year for Indy and what kind of impact you think he could still have?

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He was good. A nice backup for a contender, too bad we weren't that. Good on offense, we used him better than in his first year (more in the post), great hustle, solid on defense, even if he has limitations.

As to if he joins Houston next year, I don't know what happens. On one hand, playing on a team with offense might make him even better. Pacers had no offense, so I think his current numbers make him look a bit worse than he was.

But on the other hand, he'll be 36. There were games were he was really good, all hustle, and there were games were he looked like he had nothing left. Now he'll be a year older, playing on a faster team. You probably need to treat him like Popovich at this point, give him games off.

But this year I think he would've been a big upgrade over Jones for you.

1 person likes this.
  12. Jamers

Jamers Member

scola is too slow for average pf... but i want him to retire a rocket

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

You guys plan on doing another one of these anytime soon? It's been too long since I've done one. I'd like in on the next one if possible.

14. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

We need some fresh blood and fresh ideas for a new draft. I did enjoy the 1 legend rest current format.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, that format is much more interesting IMO than everyone having superteams.

It be interesting (albeit a bit more difficult) if we did something like the previous draft, but in the last decade (so the rosters and player skills would be around 2005). Considering most of the regulars seem to be all in their early to mid twenties, that's around the time when most of us probably started to really follow the NBA.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yuck. :p No, good idea, but I don't like 2005 NBA. Bad, bad memories.

Can you vote on this? We seem to be stuck.

RedNation

pg: Mike Conley
    sg: Danny Green
    sf: LeBron James
    pf:Kevin Love
    c: Timofey Mozgov

Bench:
    g: Nate Robinson
    f: Mike Dunleavy
    c: Nikola Vucevic

VS

Jamers

PG - Goran Dragic
    SG - Dwayne Wade
    SF - Loul Deng
    PF - Paul Milsap
    C - DeMarcus Cousins

Bench:
    G - Patrick Beverley
    F - Giannis Anteasdfajsdpo
    P/C - Gorgui Dieng

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Haha, okay. Just throwing stuff out and seeing what sticks to the wall.

Man- these teams look pretty even, but I think I give it to RedNation by a hair. Only because I don't think Jamers team has anyone that could really slow down Lebron (assuming he's playing on a level like he is in these finals). I'm a little concerned about the relative lack of shooting on Jamers' team, as well as the ages of the perimeter players. I think both Wade and Deng have lost too much of a step to handle Lebron on the perimeter, and I think Greek Freak is still a couple of years away of being able to do so. I also think that the disparity between the perimeter players on RedNation's team and Jamers is greater than the disparity between Jamers' frontcourt. That said, I changed my mind several times and it easily could have gone either way. Both of you did a really good job.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks da_juice, and we'd definitely like you to draft with us the next time.

Agree that we need to mix things up, these current drafts are just full of all-star teams and incredibly hard to vote. Would also like to draft from a past decade, am getting bit bored with the current players.

So I'd want to narrow it down to a draft that only spans over one or half a decade. Favourite would be the 80s and early 00s.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Ok! Congrats to RedNation, champion of the 2015 brehs second draft!!

[​IMG]

(PS: While I don't like specifically 2005 because of the Artest brawl and such, there are other years around that I don't mind)

20. Jamers

Jamers Member

nooooooooooooooooo