1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, May 28, 2015.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This trade completely boils down to upside of Cooks whereas Green is already established as a low end WR1. Lacy and Charles seems like a wash. I'm not really seeing the point of this trade from the other guy's point of view unless he thinks Green is going to get injured again.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Tevin Coleman vs T.J. Yeldon
    .5 ppr

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Trying to decide on who will star at Rb2. Joseph Randle or Johnathan Stewart. Even being a Boys fan I can't get a good grip on what Randle is going to do. Leaning toward starting him but who knows. Stewart has always been a crappy fantasy guy but had some good games at the tail end of last season and Deangelo Williams and Kelvin Benjamin have been removed from the lineup.

Thoughts?

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Go with Stewart. His criticism has been his health, but he should be healthy for game 1. Also, the Jaguars should be a favorable matchup for him.

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

Hey guys, I am back again this year and I would like to get some opinions on my team. Drafted 9th in a 10 man league. Total noob/rookie here so don't be too harsh on me haha

QB Russell Wilson (4th)
    RB C.J Anderson (2nd)
    RB T.J Yeldon (5th)
    WR DeAndre Hopkins (3rd)
    WR DeSean Jackson (6th)
    Flex Keenan Allen (7th)
    K Steven Hauschka (9th)
    DEF Baltimore (10th)
    BN Ryan Matthews (11th) Colin Kaepernick (12th) Kendall Wright (13th) Pierre Garcon (14th) Heath Miller (15th)

Any suggestions on who to start this week? Will rep. Thanks!

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Oh. Forgot TE: Rob Gronkowski.

Sorry for the double post.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

who is your 1st round pick? a WR i'm assuming

8. The Stig

The Stig Member

Gronk was my first round pick. I forgot about him when I made the original post.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

While Foster and Bell are injured/suspended for me, who should be the 2 RB's i start out of this list:

TJ Yeldon (currently in starting)
    Ameer Abdullah (currently in starting)
    Ryan Matthews
    Andre Williams

or should I pick up a FA RB?

Notable FA:

Darren Sproles
    Ronnie Hillman
    Denard Robinson
    Terrance West
    Fred Jackson

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm high on Abdullah but it is clear he's part of a 3 back rotation which means limited touches. He'll have to really make the most of his touches to produce RB2 value in the short term.

Ryan Mathews might be a sneaky play against a horrid Atlanta defense Monday Night. He's going to get touches and probably at least one goalline opportunity.

1 person likes this.
  11. SK34

SK34 Member

Team RB: Ingram, Lacy, Crowell, Todd Gurley, and Joique Bell
    Team WR: Emmanuel Sanders, Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace, Marques Colston, Roddy White
    Teams TE: Owen Daniels and Antonio Gates

Starters:
    -Eli Manning
    -Lacy
    -Ingram
    -Sanders
    -Allen
    -Daniels
    -Mike Wallace...

Cannot decide between Wallace, Colston, and Crowell.

12. SK34

SK34 Member

I would start Ryan Matthews in any league I have. Atlanta run defense is trash.

13. SK34

SK34 Member

This team is from a 14 man league. The last 3 rounds were really trash. I had the 4th pick and took Lacy.

I took Crowell and Joique Bell in the last 5 rounds which was a steal to me.

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Owen Daniels or Larry Donnell

15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I would stay away from Crowell going against a stout, agressive run D.

Also I would lean away from Colston @ Arizona if for no other reason, they also have a good defense at home, starting QB back, they'll be pumped up.

Then I see Mike Wallace, big FA signing, playing against a completely turned over defense with a dumpster fire offense, I say it's a shot in the dark, but I lean slightly Mike Wallace if for nothing else he's got the highest floor IMO.

16. primtim24

Larry Donnell hasn't shown much since his big start last season. He may very well score 4 TD's this week, or he could record 0 receptions as well.

I think I would go with the high octane offense that loves to work the middle of the field in OD. You KNOW Kubiak loves Owen Daniels.

17. SK34

SK34 Member

Bell and white look like they'll be available come week 1 games.
    I know bell will split touches with Abdullah, and roddy white is coming off a minor surgery, are they a better option than Wallace?

18. primtim24

IMO all 3 of them are a toss-up together. I think a healthy Bell would be a no-brainer, but dude is coming off of knee and Achilles surgeries. But given what we know, I guess Roddy White MIGHT, and I stress MIGHT be a better play than Wallace. For the simple fact that Roddy White will be in a high-scoring game where they will pass a ton, and Mike Wallace will be in a potentially low-scoring game with the best RB on the planet.

I'd lean Roddy White, not sure if I would drop someone of superior talent to get him though...

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

There are conflicting reports in Detroit. On one hand you have Bell being projected to get the bulk of the carries, but then you have the OC saying that Abdullah is already a better receiver than Reggie Bush was and he's going to be "heavily involved" with the passing game.

At this point, I would assume that it will be a split duty situation and Bell will continue to handle the ball early in the game, as well as get goalline carries, which makes him more valuable in standard leagues.

Abdullah on the other hand will be in the Reggie Bush role, where he will see a lot of targets and a few carries which makes him more valuable in PPR formats.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

PPR

McFadden or Ivory