1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Really well done:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7Ex1giS7ezc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

vitaly is definitely a highlight

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yeThbsErE2E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Ah yes, I forgot about the Vitaly sideshow. Saw him before the match, I knew immediately who he was and what he wanted to do, because he was already wearing the shirt like when he ran on the pitch (behind his neck). I'm actually surprised none of the security people caught that. We were waiting in the beer line together, and had to move from one stand to another, when the first stand ran out of beer before we got any. He told me there was only one reason for him to be there. I told my buddy who the guy was and we contemplated asking him to run to our friend on the pitch and say something to him that would immediately let him know that we "sent the guy to him". But then we were thinking that it might end up being too much of a distraction.

Dude seemed possibly a bit drunk or maybe a bit high, but he seemed like a cool guy. Not sure if he is fully out of puberty because he had some apparent skin issues still. Obviously, any attention means $$$ for him, so what he did was simply a business move. He was very confident that he would manage to get on the pitch; his main worry was whether someone else would manage to get on there before him, as he suspected that there might be other guys with the same plan. I told him about Jimmy Jump, the guy who has been doing this stuff a lot.

I didn't think about reporting him or whatever. I was curious if he would manage, but thought there was a good chance he would.

Here's the picture I promised:

[​IMG]

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/Mxln51QOrjw/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/Mxlwu9pAvvZ/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

another Asian looking fellow poster

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Eh? I don't get you.

Anyway back to football. Are you an Arsenal fan?

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

9. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Depressed it's over! Post-World Cup blues.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup. I am

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/world-cup-2014-german-hero-3863059
    http://instagram.com/p/qcxNVKQs3F/?modal=true

Forgive me for laughing at this, but I think the picture says: "Me and My B*tch" :grin:

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/qcxNVKQs3F/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

What a #$(*&#$ a$$h0l3. :mad:

I wished you wouldn't encourage him. But you're cool.

Congrats and celebrate it well, alemán!

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks. That's my buddy in the pic, by the way, not me. I understand that V. is an attention w****, and that he used the event for personal gain. But I just wanted to see if he'd make it or not. And of course, I was already planning to post it here ;).

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

on that German victory celebration video -- I have to say that German humor doesn't always translate that well to a US audience. Those coordinated dances kinda seem dorky, honestly. Maybe if our soccer team actually had won something they would seem less dorky since it would be the nation's heroes doing the dancing...

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8EGn_SNljH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Mario will end his career with at least one more world cup title than Messi. In fact, I think he will surpass him in all team accomplishments. He is just as elegant a player. He doesn't quite have Messi's speed and doesn't score quite as many goals, but he is incredibly talented with the ball. He does look a bit pudgy, though ;).

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: That HEAT video was NOT made by a black or Hispanic/Latino, was it...? I don't think it was. :eek: It's OFF BEAT.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Philipp Lahm stepped down from the German national team for good.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

The photo above shows the winner of the Golden Glove and the best player of the World Cup 2014 in Brazil.

To his right, Messi.