1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 10, 2014.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Blackhawks vs Kings should be a very entertaining series , I believe last year the Hawks prevented the Kings from back to back cups. The Hawks obviously won few cups over the last few years. Two great champions going head to head.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Gotta say, I kinda feel sorry for Habs fans. Losing your goalie who was arguably your best player in these playoffs (can argue between him and PK) is tough. I really don't like their chances to advance anymore. The Rangers look like a team on a mission, and Lundvquist has been amazing.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Great physical game between the Rangers and Montreal right now. Tied up but I don't foresee OT with how these teams are attacking

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Not sure which tie you were talking about...but the second goals by each team was pretty interesting.

Glad Montreal is making a series of it now. Would love to see them pull even and force a best-of-three.

CHI/LA game 2...some really crappy calls against the Blackhawks. The too-many-men-on-the-ice was garbage and the no-whistle call when the puck apparently hit the netting was pretty bad also. I know you should never quit until you hear the whistle...but when the entire Blackhawk team looks up, sees the puck and then comes to a complete stop...pretty apparent the puck hit the netting. Refs missed that one.

Could see the WCF easily going seven games.

5. ItsMyFault

I think the Kings take this series at this point, in 6 most likely.

The Hawks haven't looked like they've wanted this for a while now dating back to game 2 of the Wild series. The Kings just look so much hungrier, and Crawford is now finally looking human again. Obviously anything can still happen, but I'd be surprised if a team like the Kings let this opportunity get way.

I can't be too disappointed as a Hawks fan, though this team is going to have to go through a roster change of some kind (not a major one, just a few pieces) in the offseason for any future cup runs.

6. Beavis Stiffler

It looks like we're headed to a LA-NY Stanley Cup finals matchup. The battle of the two biggest cities in USA.

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Who would have thought NY would go this far?

I remember attending one of their games in November against the Penguins (where they won) and talking to fans who said they we're only hoping to make the playoffs. And look at them now.

I really wish they go all the way!

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Montreal got the early score on the PP. Maybe the Habs can extend the series. I would like to see it because its been a good series and these teams are starting like each other less and less with each game that passes.

9. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

that habs rangers game was pretty awesome today. Hard hits, interesting goals, nice comebacks.

Lovely

10. ItsMyFault

The problem with Montreal is that they'd have to score 5-6 goals in each of the next two games to win because they have to use a back up goalie. I'm hoping that this series still somehow goes to 7, but I'm not sure if Montreal is capable of throwing up another 4 or 5+ goals against Lundvquist again.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The fact that they put up 7 was pretty nuts though

12. ItsMyFault

Definitely. I think it'd take a total team effort on defense and some of the same offensive magic in game 6 from Montreal for game 7. That crowd in Montreal would be crazy if there was a game 7. Hands down the best crowd in the playoffs IMO.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This Chicago vs LA game isn't too bad. Doesn't look like the Hawks are gonna repeat

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Another crazy ass NHL playoff game. Hope both series go to 7

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This is one intense f n hockey game. I say go Habs..I want game 7

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Patrick f'n Kane

18. ItsMyFault

Ditto.

I'm still nervous for game 7 though. The Kings are just one of those teams, they aren't dead until the final second. Something tells me it's going to be one of those classic OT games to finish off a series. Glad it's on Sunday too.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

HELL YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Really just started getting into the NHL for these playoffs. Very fun to watch! Surprised it took me this long.