1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

MLS isn't great, but it's not crap either. Things are moving up for them. I think it's better than plenty of leagues in Europe, and I don't mean Estonia and San Marino

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

But what about your contacts? Should we not underestimate them? :)

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't need validation from anyone and never asked for it in any form.

You're the one acting like someone you're not on CF in tons of posts, based on rep and accolades on an internet board that no one gives a sh.. about in the real world.

And if you think your soccer knowledge is upper echelon, you should revisit your posts here and in past threads.

Cute how you always try to attack other people and boost your self-esteem when someone disagrees with your opinion.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Reschke rumoredly in Madrid yesterday/today to talk about a Godin transfer, according to AS. Godin apparently has a 36mil buyout clause, would be a great transfer.

I'd be happy with Benatia, Godin and Laporte, so let's see.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I might agree with that but they need to make the American CL or some other international competition on regular basis so one can validate how good the league/teams are on international level.

They are buying some good old big name players from Europe.

Those national league rankings are BS when MLS ballclubs have little to no opportunities playing against European/South American/Latin American/African and Asian teams

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Did anyone see Fabregas' assist? Beautiful

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's called Copa Libertadores.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

For sure. The tough question is which was better- Fabregas' one touch assist or Hazards control. Goodness!

9. ferrari77

Is this your "expert opinion"? Just saying so I know if I should take it seriously or not.

Oh word? So because MLS teams aren't performing as well as they did in 2010 or 2012(or past years) that's proof that MLS is "at least 4 tiers away"? Is that "expert opinion" as well?

It's absurd you even decided to mention Yung-T in this. He wasn't even discussing the issue and you chose to drag him into it and insult him. Don't be a douche.

Regardless, we're glad it took you only 10 minutes to know what "American homers" refuse to acknowledge(Keep in mind I'm more English than you are and definitely not an American homer yet I have more respect for the MLS than a poser like you).

Stay snobbing, you do an "expert" job at that.

1 person likes this.
  10. ferrari77

Funny you and daywalker02 mentioned that. Reminded me that I read an article about MLS and the Libertadores a few days ago.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/conmebol-president-libertadores-28140/

Maybe sometime in the next couple of years they'll make it happen.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He always resorts to calling out posters and making no substance accusations when getting called out by more knowledgeable football fans, it's funny to read.
    Gets caught on his BS every time and still doesn't get off his high horse, it's lovely.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This should happen, and US need more berths in there. They should be ready

I think the contest with Mexican, Costa Rican teams is an adequate option too, isn't it?

13. smr6

smr6 Member

Oh wise one, please impart your upper echelon knowledge upon us poor uneducated folk.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Though I don't agree fully that MLS is rubbish the fact that AEG (essentially one man) can own both the Galaxy and Dynamo even after both team meet at a final make the the league suspect.

Btw about yesterday's game: I noticed Pique and Alves played very well. Hope they stay healthy and focused.

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Was going to post something about Moes comments but then read the replies he got and I think pretty much everything has been said. Actually, there's one more thing, I won't judge you for being relative new to the sport but I will judge for being condescendant with your Mr. know it all attitude. I'll go back to my Jeremy Lin status now and you can go enjoy/live/exploit your Hakeem's.

16. ferrari77

Alright back to important European Football matters y'all.

Spanish Super Cup 1st leg today.

Anyone picking Atletico Madrid to defeat(upset) Real?

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ok I'm very sorry I hurt everyone's fragile feelings. The MLS is a great league and The Seattle Sounders could definitely give Real Madrid a game. :rolleyes:

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Said nobody ever. All we're saying is that it is not this garbage 3rd division league in Honduras like you're making it out to be. It is still clearly behind the big Euro leagues...but improving by leaps and bounds every year. The MLS might never get to those levels. But it's not a league you can just blow off any more and over the next decade, you'll see more and more money poured in and bigger players coming over much earlier in their careers.

Now, I am expecting bigger things from Real Salt Lake in the playoffs and Champions League. They're playing some impressive ball right now. Just manhandled a pretty strong Sounders team (who had just beaten Chicago 5-0 in the Open Cup semis) 2-0 this past weekend.

#678 leroy, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ok I will backtrack, I would rather watch MLS than a lot of lower division leagues. They have some fine players, they have some guys I like to watch. I like to watch Seattle and see Dempsey and Yedlin, I would probably watch the Dynamo here and there if I could, it is just difficult for me to get into when there are other leagues with higher quality talent and more aesthetically pleasing football.

I apologize for sounding like a douche.

I also apologize to Yung-T for calling him out for no reason.

Lets hug it out brehs.

1 person likes this.
  20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Possibly. Haven't been impressed with Real. and James isn't playing today.