1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Agger is a friggin defensive boss. He's a leader and doesn't make schitty mistakes like Skrtel. He passes well and can start an attack... although sometimes gets a little lost when he's in the on the enemy's half. Only knock on him is that he's made of glass. If he doesn't get injured so much, I'm sure he'd go for a lot higher than 12 mil.

Other than that, any team will be lucky to have him lead their back line.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

So Liverpool is now gunning for Balotelli, with Arsenal as their main EPL competition. If it does come down to only these 2 teams, money aside, I wonder who Balotelli would pick.

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

probably Arsenal and living in London

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

About to watch the new guys play.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not in the World cup, not in the WC, Jontro.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Neymar is a nice guy and likes to party...that's all.

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

From what I read he was openly pushing for a move to the gunners but hos salary demands cooled things off with them. So I think he'd pick Arsenal with all things equal but Liverpool might be more willing to meet his demands. Would love to have him on Arsenal but I am not counting on it.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well forget I even brought it up. Rodgers just came out and told the media that he won't be going for Balotelli.

Oh well, I should have known. Rodgers doesn't like established superstars. He likes them with potential, relatively unknown, mediocre, and expensive.

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Thanks breh! it looks like we are after vermalen now. Well see how it plays out. Rather have a cb isn't isn't in prone, tbh!

Ummmmm details?

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

United - Liverpool to start here shortly.

It's just a friendly but no United - Liverpool game is really a friendly. Looking forward to it.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You could probably do an Instagram search for Neymar Ibiza or something and find some fan selfies...

12. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

ahhhhhhhhh had seen the one with Paris but hadn't seen the ones with Basti... nice lol

1 person likes this.
  13. The Stig

The Stig Member

It may be pre-season, but United has looked very good adapting to this new system LVG has installed. Still need to get a CB and DM to round out the squad and get back in to the Champions League.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good performance by United. The way the team turned it around in the 2nd half was impressive.

A big area of concern is the 3 defenders esp. in the 3-5-2 system. They looked a bit shaky and none of them seemed confident on the ball.

When you play a 3-5-2 you need some ball playing defenders. Rio in his prime would have excelled in this sytem even more.

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

Blackett has been the most impressive of all the defenders I've seen on this tour. LVG likes to play youth so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run out on opening day. Everyone else wasn't terrible (except maybe Jones). LVG's systems are really flexible so this can be turned into a 4-5 man system so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Depth wise, United need to get more players because they currently only have Jones, Smalling, and Evans playing in the first team last year.

Still holding out for Hummels but that's looking less and less likely now. Vermaelen is supposedly on our radar but meh...

1 person likes this.
  16. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Paging ATW & Yung-T... Anything in the German papers in regards to Boateng? Radio Marca was publishing that we were after him, let me say clearly that I highly doubt there's any truth to this as it doesn't make any sense at all for Bayern but just in case, is there a chance??? :)

[​IMG]

17. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Get in line guys... we got first dibs on any CBs on the market ;)
    But seriously, I'm glad Man U has been playing well during the pre-season. hopefully it translates to the regular season as ECL w.o United seems a bit empty.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Marca is the only paper talking about it and Rummenigge said it's complete rubbish.
    Whenever you hear rumors about a key player from Bayern joining another team, they're complete garbage. We would never sell key guys that are under contract for more than year and want to stay. Kroos and Mandzukic were the only guys that wanted to leave and are replaceable, the rest won't leave.
    And love the rumored transfer sums, if Luiz gets sold for 60mil Boateng is worth 150mil.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Exactly.

20. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Looks like City are going to complete the transfer with Mangala this week. With Mangala in the fold Kompany will enjoy playing with what should be his best partner in central defense ever since his early days of starting in City with Kolo Toure. City have always been a good defensive team ranking consistently in the top of the EPL in goals against and now with Mangala it should only get tougher for teams to score against City. While City haven't made major splashes in the midfield or up front they are already loaded there with the likes of Aguero, Dzeko, Negrado, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Navas and Milner. While the other English clubs have reloaded City has become somewhat forgotten but now with Mangala all but on the squad I think City are still the team to beat.