1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013/2014 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 13, 2013.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

Well that was cool, my stream crapped out right at the start of penalties. Missed every single one of them. Finally got it back to see Sevilla celebrating.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Damn breh, that sucks. That's like an unwritten law for streams, perfect for the whole game and crappin out right before something important happens.

3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

4 words.. Més que un club

You can root for these guys, but only when not playing against Barca or Boca Juniors (hardly ever)

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Should we steer him towards the good guys!? :grin:

What do you consider good matched though? There are folks in here that enjoy Catenaccio styles, others the tiki-taka of Barca and Bayern (to an extent), or the fast pace of the most EPL teams?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I appreciate fluidity of movement, passing skill, and goal scoring acumen. As a newer fan, I do joy the pace of the Premier League. After a rousing Saturday of English football, the MLS makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Funnily enough I bet many a La Liga fan would call you insane for describing English Football and its top flight as having those attributes when the Spanish League is supposed to be the prime example of all the things you mentioned.

The MLS is nothing spectacular and still a work in progress but I must ask, how often do you watch or have you attempted to watch MLS matches?
    Perhaps you should watch certain teams instead of just whichever match is on or else that will give you an even worse opinion of the league.

Regardless of how you feel about the MLS, it still has a way to go and support is needed in an effort for the league to keep increasing revenue and bringing in younger and better talent from overseas (and hopefully better coaching from outside of the USA as well) in order to make the match viewing experience a little better for fans of top European leagues like yourself and some others on here.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Thou shalt not regret:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Stop fooling him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. smr6

smr6 Member

The last time they won a league was the year I was born. Sounds like a lifetime of regret to me!

JK, I've enjoyed watching them this year when I've had a chance. Same with Bayern. I really just enjoy watching how well the top teams in Europe play in general.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

According to BILD, Bayern are close to signing David Luiz and will probably acquire him in return for Mandzukic next week.

I never trust these trade rumors, but BILD has the best sources and is usually right.

Would be interesting, although I don't like Luiz (too many mistakes in the penalty area and bad positioning).

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Correction: They are saying the deal will be done THIS week and that Bayern has already made a contract offer to him.

12. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't get the Luiz love. He has ability but he is pretty bad between the ears. When he turns it on and focuses he can be solid defensively but mostly he is full of mistakes and b**** moves and he has a great foot for forward passes but his accuracy is not great. Matic has made him expendable for a reason.

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Yeah I love Liverpool,my favourite English team,will Never forget That Istanbul Final,also because I am an Inter fan.:grin:

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

According to BILD, Pep wished Mandzukic good luck at his new club and said goodbye. He's also out for the German Cup final, really strange move, this shows they likely have severe issues with each other and that a transfer is imminent.

Still hoping the Luiz rumours aren't true, but BILD usually is correct. Would have rather liked for Bayern to buy a younger and more stable CB.
    There were rumours Bayern had their eyes on Roma's Benatia, but City is apparently close to signing him.

Pep always wanted Luiz, even in his Barca days, so this will likely happen. Still think Pep doesn't think about defense enough, he wants Luiz for his offensive skills and versatility but forgets that we desperately need a calm and tough CB, even more so with our really high pressing style. A guy like Luiz would be a liability in counterattack and 1on1 situations imo.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Everybody here loves Liverpool. How boring is that.

16. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Guys, anybody from the Austin area in here? Came here last night for a graduation and now IDK where to catch Barca-Atleti game.. Any suggestions? Game starts in 40 minutes.. Im close to UT Campus

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Would be funny if Atletico parks the bus vs Barca and draws the game, 0-0.

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

This will be their strategy.. No doubt about that.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Cmon Arsenal! You can do it! Prolong your streak!