1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Presidential Election: Romney vs. Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That was my girlfriend and me. We built that.

2. Batman Jones

Yes, they should begin by not chasing Dick Lugars out of their party. No Democrat could have beat Dick Lugar. It took another Republican to do that. Your side's blown at least five Senate seats that way.

3. Batman Jones

Agreed. That was a super-good, super-patriotic post on election night. Most welcome.

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

You are very knowledgeable in your politics but most people cannot!

Rep earned:)

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Finished!

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Reagan, Reagan, Bush the Elder.

7. Batman Jones

My error. I meant 16 years. Every two term president has held it 8 years.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Should have been/could have been Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Gore, Obama, Obama, Clinton, Clinton.

10. Batman Jones

Heartbreaking.

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

It's cool. We're going to have Obama/Obama, Clinton/Clinton, That hispanic guy/That hispanic guy.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If it weren't for the GWB catastrophic disaster of a presidency, Obama would not have been nominated in 2008.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I know this sounds like 2008, but it's really a lot different this time.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think she runs, regardless of what she's saying now. Hillary won't be able to help herself. I also think she'll do something to improve her looks in the meantime. She'll have a chance to get some work in after the end of the year. I suspect that she'll be out of the public eye for a month or two at some point next year, then come back looking great. She can certainly afford it.

Oh, and if she runs, she will win.

16. Major

Major Member

I think part of Hillary's decision is going to have to be predicated on Bill's health. He looked very frail at the DNC, with his hands sort of shaking throughout his whole speech. As he showed the last few months, he's a huge asset and will be presumable be a constant part of her campaign. I have no idea what his health situation is, but he'd have to be able to handle a full year of campaigning, 3 years from now - not just the physical, but the stress that comes along (it's different when it's Obama than it is your spouse).

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

:-O-

You're freakin' me out, Major! You really think he might have health problems beyond what we've heard of? I didn't notice the "hands shaking" thing. I was so turned on by what he said that I probably just didn't notice. If there was something wrong with Bill that hasn't gotten out, just as a hypothetical, I could imagine Hillary taking a step back. I sure hope that isn't the case.

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

dreaming...

Anyone got a 4 year old?

Just think if Hillary (or Warren) gets 8 years, that child will turn 16 knowing only a black and woman president.

that would be amazing!

19. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Major

Major Member

The health thing is entirely speculation on my part - but his hands were definitely shaking throughout the speech and he didn't look 100% to me. My larger concern would just be that we're talking about another 3 years - so if he's already struggling a bit now, what would happen by then? But as I said, pure speculation on my part - it just seems like something that may come into play whenever she has to make a decision.

On a separate/unrelated note, Warren is not going to be President. She's a great policy wonk and is a great voice in the Senate, but she doesn't remotely have the personality to win a national campaign.