1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Keeper Fantasy Baseball - Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Mar 15, 2012.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

thanks Fade, hopefully my players will be be inspired by your great you tube vids

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Pitching games used through week 42:

[​IMG]

Max SP: 180
    Max RP: 140

3 game periods remain in the regular season. Jent has the #1 playoff seed locked up, and the Expos have now clinched the #2 playoff seed. There is a 4 team dogfight between Smeg, Rook, PSJ and the Aliens for the final two playoff spots. Should be an exciting finish!

3. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone please set my starting lineup:

1B-Pujols,Albert, ANA
    2B-Uggla,Dan, ATL
    3B-Longoria,Evan, TB
    SS-Hardy,J.J., BAL
    C-Wieters,Matt, BAL
    OF-Heyward,Jason, ATL
    OF-Harper,Bryce, WAS
    OF-Stanton,Giancarlo, MIA
    OF-Braun,Ryan, MIL
    OF-Upton,Justin, ARI
    SP-Fister,Doug, DET
    SP-Fiers,Michael, MIL
    SP-Wainwright,Adam, STL
    SP-Greinke,Zack, ANA
    RP-Frieri,Ernesto, ANA
    SP-Moore,Matt, TB
    RP-Kimbrel,Craig, ATL
    UI-Rizzo,Anthony, CHC
    MI-Machado,Manny, BAL
    CI-Seager,Kyle, SEA

4. SmeggySmeg

R there a bucket load of picks in that trade we don't know about?

5. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

I echo Smeg...please tell us there is more to that trade than what was announced on the site.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No picks to the trade. Looking to upgrade my keepers since I'm not in contention and wasn't planning on keeping any of those guys except Halladay and he's getting up their in age.

Tryna get younger and deeper for next year that's all.

7. SmeggySmeg

Huh interesting strategy for both you and the rest of us playing for this year

8. fadeaway

I think the three players that Sam received are better keepers than Napoli/Granderson. Plus, two of them are younger.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

So you are going to keep Granderson and Napoli? Seriously. We may need to vote on this one if there are no picks.

10. SmeggySmeg

decline

seeing this is the second year this has happened, perhaps a trade deadline is in order

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I won't mention any names or specifics but I've been getting more than a few lopsided trade requests for my young guns that I respectfully declined.

This one I initiated and also sent out trade proposals to more than one player in the league. Sam was the first to actually jump on it.

And yes I'm keeping Granderson and probably Napoli too.

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

You people are like David Stern and his "basketball reasons".

I received a trade proposal, I accepted it. Not weeks after or even days after, but the same day. Y'all may dislike the trade, but I don't think that's the standard. Was there collusion? No. Do I think I got good players to help my team make a desperate playoff push (which I will probably miss, anyway) in the last 2 games? Yes. Does Flash feel like he improved his keepers? He does. That should be the end of the discussion.

You guys wonder why there aren't more trades in the league, it's because the peanut gallery pipes up whenever someone else makes a trade that they think hurts that (non-trading) team's chances. Why not just move to no trades at all? I think Flash has been an excellent addition to this league and someone who's stayed pretty active all year, even when out of contention.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm going to ignore Sam's criticism of us yet again as self interested, as he's flat out wrong every time about it, but I am willing to let the trade go through. I can rationalize why Flash would think Granderson is worth it based on last years stats. I do think Flash is getting pillaged. Over the last 50 games Granderson is little better than a 2.0 fpg. Napoli is league wide joke. But can I rationalize trading for last years Granderson if he keeps him. So I'm willing to let it go through.

14. SmeggySmeg

Whatever, PSJ assuming I lose our match-up on the weekend I've decided to help u out for this years title run, pick my best players (must be at least two keepers thinking verlander and CarGo) and give me someone your not going to keep in return.... Out

15. fadeaway

Pitching games used through week 43:

[​IMG]

16. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Well, I put up a good fight, but Rook had a hell of a week. The final game would be interesting, except I need Flash to actually start a lineup (meaning 13 hitters and 7 pitchers), or else I'm eliminated before it starts. :(

Anyway, a fun regular season, and competitive to the end. Thanks as always to Fade for running things.

17. fadeaway

Pitching games used going into the final period:

[​IMG]

18. fadeaway

Jent, because you have reached the RP limit, I have removed the two RPs you had in your lineup for the final match. You still have SP room, though.

19. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

No problem. Thanks for catching that. Sorry I didn't see the post sooner to insert another SP or two...but, no big deal.

20. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not one to start rumors, but I think Fade and Smeg have started dating......:p

I mean Fade basically laid down this last scoring period to give Smeg the win and to solidify him a spot in the playoffs...because Fade's spot was already secured. He had room to still start pitchers (both starting and relievers) and elected not to..........hmmmmmmm....:p:p

I hope I'm invited to the wedding!!!!!!!:p:p:p