1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Houston Dynamo thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's cool....I'll settle for a Victory Rally after we hoist the trophy there instead ;)

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:cool: A photo I took of the BRUIN goal off the Barnes right side seam...

EDIT - here is how my sequence started:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have about 30 of the same sequence, starting when I followed Barnes going off with the little bubble self-pass on the right, and then ending with Bruin celebrating with Barnes on the corner right below our section.

I'll post the others later.

#502 SwoLy-D, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

True but based off the way things are looking, we might be once again heading for a rematch of last year, I'd have preferred to see Galaxy crushed here again like we did to them earlier in the season and not have them blame the heat.

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

So say we and LA go to the final. Where is going to be at? LA?

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

yep...

6. Beavis Stiffler

If it's the Houston Dynamo and the LA Galaxy, this year's championship will be different than last year's title game because of having Brad Davis healthy and adding Oscar Boniek Garcia plus Will Bruin's playoff goal-scoring run. The problem right now is the status of Jermaine Taylor, Adam Moffat, Ricardo Clark, and Calen Carr. The Dynamo have the depth but they still need those guys healthy and ready to play in the MLS Cup (which is on Saturday, December 1) should they advance past DC United.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Those guys are gamers. If we can just D up for 90 minutes on Sunday, I have a feeling all of those guys will be ready to go for the Cup. Taylor and Clark are the two that I think are imperative to have healthy against the Galaxy, but Moffat's striking and Carr's ability to stretch the field will obviously come in handy as well.

8. jameica

jameica New Member

I'm thinking about investing in MLS Match Day Live this season. Living in College Station now, there is no guarantee that any of the channels will pick up the FSH Plus games. The ones that are just on FSH aren't guaranteed either considering how often they broadcast what's on FSSW rather than what's on FSH.

9. Lk6

Lk6 New Member

the problem with that. or this year was.. most of the games were on national tv and those are blacked out. maybe it won't be the same problem next year but it's something you look at... i paid for it and only really use it for highlights and condensed game after.

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

is the game going to be on NBC? It says that on the website but the TV guide says otherwise

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ NBCSD (Sports Network), also on Univision Deportes. :cool:

I'm going to miss most of it, but I'm going to guess it's going to be something like the game vs. Kansas City.

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I think it will be a similar game as well and I hate it. Again, I understand why they do it, but it sucks to watch.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

GOAL!

Dynamo!

14. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Brad Davis being Brad Davies. He makes a fantastic run up the end line and puts a great touch on it to Boniek Garcia by the near post, who puts it in. 4-1 aggregate now. DC needs a miracle.

15. Convictedstupid

Could it happen today? A Texans win, Dynamo win, and a Rockets win?

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

rofl, ughh no.

Texans

Dynamo

Rockets.... ehhh.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ok, DeRo has got to be playing this second half.

18. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This post was weird. It is a word for word copy of a post I made on the first page of this thread. WTF?

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

DC United really didn't seem to have much of a sense of urgency late in that game. I know part of it was fatigue after a long, physical game, but even up until stoppage time, their midfielders were playing the ball back to defenders to get the attack set up. At a certain point, you have to just start bombing the box.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Maybe he was trying to quote a reply?