1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Houston Dynamo thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 8, 2012.

1. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Here is the MLS schedule plus they also have the CONCACAF Champions League and the U.S. Open Cup, these games are to be announced at a later date.
    All Dynamo games will be televised. National TV games on either NBC Sports Network, ESPN2, or Galavision. Local TV games on FSN Houston, FSN Houston Plus, and KPRC Channel 2. Radio broadcasts on 790 AM (for most/majority of the games) and 950 AM (for select games)

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BBVA is obviously the biggest thing for me. I can't wait to make it down to Houston for a game and take in a game in MLS' first true downtown stadium.

3. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/2012/03/inaugural-match-bbva-compass-stadium-sold-out

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Game Day!!!

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Galavision? Is there English broadcast?

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Not as far as I can tell.

I'm thinking about investing in MLS Match Day Live this season. Living in College Station now, there is no guarantee that any of the channels will pick up the FSH Plus games. The ones that are just on FSH aren't guaranteed either considering how often they broadcast what's on FSSW rather than what's on FSH. And now that College Station has their own NBC affiliate (KAGS), I won't get the games on KPRC.

There are some games I will get, like the ones that are on NBC Sports Network, but I've become spoiled by being able to watch just about every Dynamo game.

7. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Don't worry the Spanish commentators are usually more enthusiastic

8. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Dynamo win at the very last minute, Andre Hainault scores the game winner.

9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Great game, Galavision telecast was a LOT better than 11.2 broadcasts even if I didn't understand a darn word. (Since Galavision has working cameras).

Was amusing that they refer to Brian Ching as Kahuna (no doubt due to his Hawaiian heritage).

Their goalkeeper probably deserved to salvage the draw...he turned aside at least 5 point blank shots (but I am glad he didn't).

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Wow, wtf?

We won?

I missed the final minutes. I was at the store listening to the radio.

11. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Just make sure that College Station isn't considered part of the Houston market or the games will get blacked out.

You can use the "Are these games available" link on this page to see what will be blacked out.
    http://live.mlssoccer.com/mlsmdl/schedule

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Good call. Dynamo games are blacked out. As are FC Dallas games for that matter. Not that I want to watch FC Dallas games, but still.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's going to be a long time until a home game is played so it's great to see them get going with a win. That should set the stage until it's time to open the new home.

I think Tally Hall is going to get a National Team look this year. He's been outstanding for long enough that he should get his shot.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think he should have gotten a call-up sometime last season but I really don't see Klinsy calling him up for the friendlies (or WCQ) this year.
    It seems like it's Howard/Hamid/Guzan
    then Rimando. You figure if/when Robles finds a team he'll also be there as well as Sean Johnson if he stays as the Chicago #1.
    Tally has an uphill task to get a call-up but just he deserved one last season and hopefully he keeps up his good play and gets one for one of the friendlies this year or next year.

15. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Agreed. I'd like to see Hall get a call up as well, but Klinsmann seems to like Hamid as the backup. I'm guessing that until he has a reason not to take Hamid, he'll be the guy. And since Hamid rarely gets on the field in a game and seems like a hard worker, I'm not sure he'll ever have a reason not to.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Man, I don't even think Hamid is what Hall needs to be aiming for. I think getting past Sean Johnson will be major(since Johnson is getting U-23 look) and Rimando is only getting up in age while Guzan isn't getting regular club action with Villa.

All Tally can do is keep balling and good things will happen.

Anyone watching Portland vs Philly on ESPN2?
    Just can't beat that Timbers atmosphere. Hopefully Dynamo fans can make BBVA somewhat intimidating.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Why exactly are they play at AT&T?

18. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4368188

19. kidcave9

What channel are they going to showing it on if you have Comcast. Never heard of Fsw2

20. kidcave9

Comcast 110