1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Fantasy Football - Sleepers/Busts/Strategies/etc

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Big MAK, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I might actually lean towards team A in PPR, but I also hate rookie WR's.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm team B, non Ppr.

I already have Megatron and Julio Jones so I'm pretty confident in my WRs.

I like BJGE over McGahee for Tebowless reasons. I have Sjax, Fjax and Spiller, so I really wanted to add another quality back for insurance.

Also think T Smith will turn into Baltimores best fantasy receiver and Decker is primed for Peyton production.

My new lineup:

QB Newton, Cutler
    WR: Mega, Julio, Decker, Torrey Smith, M. Floyd
    RB: Sjax, Fjax, Spiller, BJGE
    TE: Finley, Cook

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I like the trade for team B. Marshall>everyone else, but I think Smith, Decker, Green-Ellis>mcgahe, blackmon.

Smith, Decker and Green-Ellis are all starters/potential starters. I dont have much faith in McHahee or Blackmon (because of Blackmon's QB, not because of his ability).

I'd say make the trade.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pretty much my logic.

Marshall is the best player in the deal, but he's not a great TD threat.

I see Decker, Torrey Smith and BJGE all being very useful fantasy players this year while McGahee will surely not be able to do what he did last season because of the polar opposite shift in QBs, and I see little fantasy potential this year from Blackmon for reasons you mentioned.

5. what

what Member

I actually like Law firms chances for a solid season this year. I'm not big on old man willis, yet he always seems to bring it.

I think that after marshall, team a isn't giving up more than it is dumping players it doesn't want: Blackman's dui, willis = old.

Decker, Smith and Law firm are all solid players would have potential. If I were you I'd keep what I got.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Just did a draft. I'm signed up for a few Pro Leagues ($20 buy-in) on Yahoo, and I'll do another couple for money with friends, but this one was my practice one (no buy in).

Brady
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Bowe
    Chris Johnson
    Reggie Bush
    Gates
    Rackers
    Houston

Bench:
    Doug Martin
    Meachem
    Sidney Rice
    Tamme
    Tate

What do you think?
    I also got 1 more spot to fill... Here are some I'm thinking about: Spiller, Ingram, Manningham, Daniel Thomas, Palmer.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If you come up with that type of haul thru your actual draft would be amazing.

I would take Ingram or Spiller for your last spot, one thing I've learned through all my seasons playing FF is that you can never have too many running backs. Especially with CJ's potential bust factor, once again.

I think he'll break out of that slump this year.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. CJ is a ??? and Bush isn't Foster, so loading up on RB is a good idea.

9. Kate81

Kate81 Member

You can buy-in?? on Yahoo?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah, they just started doing it this year.

20 dollar buy in, 100/60/20 1st/2nd/3rd

100 dollar buy in, 500/300/100 1st/2nd/3rd

I'm doing a 20 dollar league because I'm poor.

11. what

what Member

why would you buy in and draft so early? I never do that because if I guy gets injured before the season you are screwed.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm not drafting until the end of August.

You can pick when you want to draft.

13. what

what Member

Now that Mike Wallace has his contract where do you all rate him?

1. CJ
    2. AJ
    3.Welker? Fitzgerald?
    4 Welker? Fitzgerald?

Is he above Jordy, Julio, AJ Green or below them?

Me personally I don't like his situation nearly as much as those other guys. For one, at the end of last year, the steelers inexplicably were running him in short crossing routes and quick sideline passes and they MIGHT take one or two deep balls shots for the entire game.

Antonio Brown was getting the shots in the 20 yard range.

Plus, I am still not convinced that Ben is going to be the same guy we're seen the last few years. He has a lot of wear and tear on his body.

So taking that into account, how do you rate wallace?

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wallace is a speedster, I think they stumbled upon gold with Antonio Brown. Big Ben loves to chuck it, never been a big dink and dunk kind of QB.

I think right now I'll take Antonio Brown and expect 1100/8

15. what

what Member

when ben is allowed to air it out wallace is gold. but unfortunately brown has even taken some of those routes away from wallace.

however, the one area where brown must improve is td catches. I'll never forget how wallace robbed brown of that td catch last year. solid gold!

16. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Had our draft in one of our leagues today - 10 team standard Yahoo league. I had the 6th pick

(1) Drew Brees
    (2) Chris Johnson
    (3) Rob Gronkowski
    (4) Michael Turner
    (5) Vincent Jackson
    (6) Dwayne Bowe
    (7) Ben Tate
    (8) Texans D/ST
    (9) Torrey Smith
    (10) Lance Moore
    (11) Donald Brown
    (12) Sebastian Janikowski
    (13) Demarious Moore
    (14) Colby Fleener

Thoughts? Overly impressed with my haul but I'm biased

17. what

what Member

I don't really care for 10 team, 14 roster spot, drafts. You might as well throw out an allstar team. In fact I'd going into that draft blind and still come away with a solid team. There is just no skill involved in it.

Also, in those type of leagues, the number 1 pick in the draft is far more valuable than any other pick because he can still make for the picks even in a snake draft.

That is why after round 1 (in that draft) the order should be permanently reversed where pick 10 picks 1 first the rest of the way through the draft.

My money league is 14 teams, 19 rounds of a draft. THAT is a draft. Plus we don't allow trading in that league.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And how much money did you lose on fantasy football last year?

Do we really have to hear you brag about how hard your league is all year? We got enough of that last season.

Most people end up in a 10 team league.

19. what

what Member

I WON 3rd place in my league last year and that got my entry fee back. What killed me last year was my idiot move to pick Lance Kendricks when Gronk and hernandez was on the board, not to mention that my replacement fred davis was suspended for the year.

But moe you have me wrong, I am not trying to brag about how hard my league is, I'm actually trying to promote THIS STYLE OF PLAY, over the yahoo/espn leagues.

I do think it is more skillful, but that doesn't mean that I think I am better than anybody else who plays in those leagues. I really don't. I like playing in deeper leagues is all. Besides, all of the NATIONAL high stakes leagues play at least 12 teams and 20 roster spots for a reason because it levels the playing field.

20. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

This was my first time drafting in a ten team league and yeah most of the teams are loaded, I usually play in a twelve team league on ESPN.