1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Fantasy Football - Sleepers/Busts/Strategies/etc

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Big MAK, Jul 15, 2012.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

in a 12-team league what round should be good to pick Victor Cruz?

2. what

what Member

I picked Mike Wallace in the late second round last year, which in my draft was pick 22.

I don't think Victor's value is as high as Mike's was last year for me, so I'd think you'd need to wait till middle to late 3rd round, pick 36-40 would be ideal.

3. The_Dream

The_Dream Member

Really sorry about bringing this up again but hoping for some advice now that the MJD situation looks even worse. I feel like he won't be traded and the lockout will continue into the regular season. Jennings was drafted right before my pick so I don't have him either. Offered MJD and Luck for Chris Johnson to an idiot who might not know about holdout. Hopefully it'll work out.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I had the 12th pick, and snagged Jordy Nelson and Victor Cruz with the 36th/37th picks. Nelson is getting mad underrated in this years draft despite being high on a bunch of rankings. I'm hoping he turns out to be a steal, one of my friends (he was drafting with idiots but still) got Nelson in the 8th round.

1 person likes this.
  5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yeah, I drafted MJD about a week ago thinking the lockout would end soon but now I'm getting pretty worried.

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

anybody know what the deal is with Adrian Peterson? I got him #28 (and then got extremely lucky with Sproles #33)

7. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

My Top 10 RBs:

Arian
    McCoy
    Rice
    McFadden
    Forte
    Matthews
    Marshawn Lynch
    CJ2K
    Adrian Peterson
    DeMarco Murray

You are Welcome. I would take any one of these guys with the top 20 picks.

8. Kate81

Kate81 Member

CJ scares me and so does Mathews. I'm leaning towards QB/RB right now.

Most like to be there early 2nd round is probably, Forte, Lynch, Murray, Mathews, and maybe MJD.

9. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I think my team will look somewhat like this. I avoiding Murray though, I like the A. Brown, Hillis, and Bowe picks.

10. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

Hey Guys,

I have a couple of questions- I have my fantasy draft on Sunday and I need help.

I am the 12th pick in a 12 people league. Its a PPR league and there is one QB with an option of another in the flex.

I am considering trading my first round pick (12th Pick) and first pick of the fourth round for the 2nd over all pick in the draft- which could be Foster, Aaron Rodgers, or Mccoy

Should I take the risk and do it? If I get the 2nd pick, I could potentially take Peterson with the first pick of the second round.

Another question

Who are the biggest sleepers in the draft so far? And who should I not pick?

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pick Michael Turner, Roy Helu and Beanie Wells

Avoid Titus Young, Ryan Williams and Jared Cook

12. what

what Member

In a 2 qb league, you'd be foolish not to draft qb/qb and one of the qb's better be the big 4: stafford, brady, rodgers and brees.

OAN: I can't stand gimmicky leagues like this because it is difficult to figure out how to play correct strategy with them. In addition, even the fantasy advice throughout the year is less helpful because you don't have a traditional flex position.

It's a dumb premise for a fantasy league.

13. what

what Member

One thing you might want to keep in mind; which position will most likely have less of a drop off in the second round.

Of the rb's you listed as potential 2 round picks, I like forte the most. However, so will a lot of owners and that is why I think he'll be gone before you have a chance to pick him in the second round.

I would strike Murray off your list completely. He is so overrated it ain't even funny. Mathews, I like a whole lot more as a number 2 back to somebody, but banking on him as a #1 is risky.

Lynch doesn't catch the ball at all, so in ppr leagues he's a very risky pick in my opinion because he'll need to score tds to be a fantasy difference maker in round 2, and like mathew berry always says tds are a bonus. You can't predict those at all.

But I do understand WHY you want to pick qb in round 1, because you will most likely guarantee yourself, Cam or Stafford. Whereas in round 2 you have a funny little situation as you are picking just right on the cusp of being able to get a stud qb or missing out entirely.

If you went qb in the first round and waited to see who fell, you might well get forte, but if forte is gone and cj2k is gone, Mathews IS an option, but I'd probably reach on Julio Jones and wait till the 3rd round and see if MJD or Mathews last that long. That actually could.

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

So is it safe to say that mjd should not be picked in round 1?

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't think they will be able to trade him for more than 40 cents on the dollar.

Nobody is going to want to pay him.

It could end up lasting into the regular season but my guess is that by Week 3 MJD is back in the backfield.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I took him in the first round (12th pick) about a week ago and am starting to regret it. He could potentially be worth a top 5 pick, but he's making me extremely nervous right now. I think in the average yahoo draft he is being taking in the 3rd round or something insane like that. I'd try to stay away from him unless it's a complete bargain.

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Thought about the reach for Jones in the 2nd on the wrap around after the 1st QB.

But idk.. that hype around M. Ryan is too much right now. Hard to take Jones there and having to rely on Ryan and still splitting targets with Roddy.

Just can't see what his stats ceiling is...

its not a ppr league, so I'm not worried about that. Idk, just high on Lynch this year.

18. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Can you really trust Helu?

I'm never taking a Shananhan or Belichick RB ever again. I can't deal with that carousel they play. Its just a headache week in and week out.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, I'm convinced I'm taking Stafford with the 9th pick in my 14-team league draft on Saturday. It's guaranteed that all other teams will have their QBs drafted by the end of the third, so I'd rather go with the more sure points of Stafford over someone like McFadden, espeically with my jinxed history of taking RBs who end up on the IR.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You can grab Helu in one of the closing round and stash him instead of carrying TE#2's and a QB3. If he was healthy I don't think Shanny would be playing around this season, Helu would be the guy. He could be special.