1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Finals: Lakers Vs. Celtics

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, May 29, 2010.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Lakers in 4

3 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. Lakers in 5

12 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Lakers in 6

61 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Lakers in 7

80 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Celtics in 4

5 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. Celtics in 5

21 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Celtics in 6

147 vote(s)
    34.5%
  8. Celtics in 7

97 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. ItsThat1Guy

ItsThat1Guy Member

These playoffs should go down as the "Year of the Offensive Rebound."

Will the NBA ever learn to block somebody out? Holy cheezits. A rebound here and a rebound there, and we have a different champion.

2. OpportunityCost

It's called revisionist history, or more like omission history. Of course they're not going to perpetuate that "conspiracy" theory, nevertheless, I believe that the refs aided the Lakers tonight, so we will just have to agree to disagree.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Damn. I feel so damn bad for the Boston Celtics. They gave 200% and I actually tought they played harder than the Lakers. And what they did defensivly was amazing. The same goes to LA. I have never seen that type of defense. Remember, during regular season LA was averaging 100 ppg easily.

I was just amazed how good they played Bryant. I tought they deserved it. They had the lead, they shut down Kobe. They did all the right things but you know, if somebody wins somebody has to lose as well.

I feel bad for them but it is what it is. I can tell you one thing. That is what we have been waiting for. For me, actually this was the best game of the season. I don't care about offense, as Rivers said. This game showed that the game may be great to watch even with teams only scoring 80. Defense is great as well.

As for Kobe, I gained a lot of respect for this man. Period.

4. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

Celtics put up one helluva fight but it wasn't enough. Congrats to Kobe Bryant on his consecutive finals MVP and 5th NBA championship. Hope Phil comes back next year

Queensbridge :p

5. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrq4gcJY_oM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrq4gcJY_oM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

FT disparity 37-17

1 person likes this.
  7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

A lot of people are talking about the free throw disparity between the two sides during the series. Thus, I decided to very quickly take a look.

Team - Total # of fta

Boston - 149

Los Angeles - 200

The difference is even more stark if you examine the last three games. LA essentially had at least twice as many free throw attempts or more during games 5, 6, and 7.

Were the Lakers that much more aggressive than the Celtics to earn 51 more free throw attempts during this series and basically twice as many free throw attempts or more during the final 3 games?

You be the judge.

8. opticon

opticon Member

You think that is bad just wait till you see how often Yao , Kevin and Kyle get to the line next year.

Todays Nba is all about drawing contact and still making the basket.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm glad this nonsense is over - can't stand either one of those teams.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

one of the ugliest games you will see but it was hard fought.

Thought the refs did a good job until the 4th where they went from letting the guys play to calling it tight but that's expected.

Celtics really choked the game away. With that lead at the tail end of the 3rd, they started playing tight. No offense...all Iso...Doc did a horrible job coaching and the players paniced and froze, which gave the lakers the chance to get back in it. Once the lakers are close, at home, you're pretty much done.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Enjoy it while it last Laker fan's because the Rockets will kick your Laker asses come next season!!!

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

signed as well
    by Thunder and KD

13. noize

noize Contributing Member

Ray and Doc said there were a lot of crying in the locker room. Besides Glen Davis, I wonder who else was crying? I hope it was KG for being one of the most disrespectful player in the league. He deseved to have the pain bestowed upon him.

14. YourSecretLover

A couple of friends saw Rondo crying at the airport

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I can't really feel bad for them as most of their team already has rings.

16. Freakout

Freakout Member

No one seemed to care when LA was getting the shaft through the first 3 rounds.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

This is what I was wondering while this game was unfolding. Why in the world were they running the offense through Ray Allen when he hadn't done **** all night.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You know, I really think it's more a conditioning question. For whatever reason, the Celtics lost their legs after an intense first half, and the Lakers were more fresh. So the LA defense picked up, and the Boston defense got more static and much less intense. That defined the entire 4th quarter, to my eyes at least.

Boston didn't push the ball because they literally couldn't. They quit the quick and effective double-teaming because they literally couldn't. So you got some slow or no double-teams on Kobe, allowing him to shoot freely or pass freely, with little real pressure.

Ray Allen is another big reason for the loss. Seriously, you can't be a hall of fame player and have those kind of numbers when your primary skill is dead eye shooting. I love his game but that was really frustrating to watch. Lot of back iron for him, which again speaks to having no legs (as Doc mentioned after game 3 for Allen.)

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah but they said he was not confrontational. He might wanted to say goodbye to the refs because it looks like it is the end for Sheed.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wasn't he suppose to play some ball somewhere?

Who is he . . Jaden Smith now???

Rocket River